Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone happy with their Full Swing Simulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone happy with their Full Swing Simulator?

I am very disappointed with my Full Swing Simulator and just wondering if I am the only one out there? Would love to hear from someone that likes their FSG setup.

I paid over $90K for the FSG Sim and a Swing Catalyst setup this summer and it has just been one big let down. They provided me with an old version of the E6 software from TruGolf, but it is a version of E6 that was released in 2007 and is pretty limited and no longer supported (enhanced). What they touted as their new Simulator software Full Swing Golf (FSG) is not much more than a Beta version.

FSG Issues:
    • No ability to set the elevation on the driving range
    • Doesn't appear that elevation is factored in to any of the course configurations
    • Golf Ball is shown as square instead of round (think the old Pong Game)
    • No pin shown when you set your range target to a green, so your hitting to a target that is the size of a green with no finer target than that
    • No integration with the Swing Catalyst, even though they sold me both systems
    • Trees, Rocks, Sand is not factored into the sim, so you can hit your ball right thru a tree or a rock and you can putt out of the sand if you wish

Anyone who thinks that Tiger, Spieth, Woodland, Day and/or any other pros are actually using this type of Full Swing simulator for training is deluding him or herself. Other than making promotional videos, it sits unused in their homes.

How Full Swing makes money with these types of names signed with them is beyond me. Probably by selling 90K simulators and then not spending money backing them up with support.

These guys use TM4 or GCQuad. Or likely both. Period.

Comment

• SkeetShooter
      SkeetShooter commented
      Editing a comment
      I think its a completely private company with no requirement to produce financial disclosure statements. I saw a press-release that they use KPMG for all financial services and advice. That means that there is no way for us schmoes to find out something like that.

Also just saw that an investment firm in my neck of the woods provided an equity investment in FS in 2017 and are now a majority investor in the company. I can't imagine the investment was massive, but its current operating portfolio is around $500MM and are primarily focused on active lifestyle and sports related businesses. There is probably a lot of back scratching going on behind closed doors, and that is probably how FS continues to get lucrative partnerships with groups like the PGA, Top Golf, and individual sports players across industries.
      Last edited by SkeetShooter; 03-03-2021, 03:20 PM.

• DS12
      DS12 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm pretty sure Tiger's company has ownership stake in Full Swing

• Brettster
      Brettster commented
      Editing a comment
      StalefishFS3 - so the pros (Tiger, Spieth, Woodland, Day) just do promotional videos inside of Full Swing studios, because I'm pretty sure many of the promos I have seen are with the pros doing promo videos in their own house? Why would they have that installed and then let it sit there, when it must be part of their promotional signup that they actually use the simulator, or at best claim to? I can also agree with you, they are likely using TM4, or GCQuad, but then again, if they have promotional sponsorship of Full Swing - would that agreement state that they are not to use other LMs - or at least that they are not to admit it anywhere, or tell anyone? I've seen these guys (on TV) on the range inside the ropes using GCQuads and TM4s for sure - but would their agreement with Full Swing state they could not do that, maybe they can as long as they are outside? Also, I remember one video of Spieth playing in his - in his own house, as he clearly stated it was, and that he was practicing for the British Open at the time - before playing the course. The same with Woodland and Day from their promo videos... So, they just have it installed and let it sit there? Hard to believe they would not at least play on it once in a while and enough to notice the problems that dwomble mentions.

DS12 - what makes you think Tiger's company has ownership stake in Full Swing?

Brettster saw it mentioned on another forum, not 100% certain

I don't think the Full Swing simulators give bad data it was more graphics wise it was underwhelming. Which has been the case with Foresight as well. Their data was great and accurate, the software was lacking compared to other simulators

Comment

Tiger Woods Fixes Amateur Golf Swings - Bing video Check out this video. I believe Tiger is in his home golf studio. I can't tell what the setup is.

Comment

• Brettster
        Brettster commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, that's interesting... He definitely has a 'Full Swing' logo mat down on the floor. If that is his home studio, it sure seems it is a Full Swing Golf setup, maybe someone that has a full swing setup can look at that and see if there is some way to identify that is what he's playing in there?

• Dax
        Dax commented
        Editing a comment
        Brettster it is. I believe he has been interview in that studio and has confirmed those things during the interviews. I think it was part of the same series actually.

I have had a Full Swing sim for a couple of years now, and definitely happy.

First, I checked and I do have Trugolf e6 v1.6. I use it almost exclusively for the range because of all the shortcomings (elevation, etc). For practice, it is everything I need to dial the swing (save angle of attack and dynamic loft).

The new Full Swing software has really great courses, but it is so raw right now. I do enjoy playing the courses, and have made all the same requests you have to the product teams...if they are looking to transition to a subscription model, their updates are going to have to come fast and hard.

I was one of the first customers on the Ion 3 cameras...and had a bunch of issues that they worked with me on. Those issues have mostly been solved at this point - again, aside from the rawness of the new software. Outdoor range work matches sim work almost exactly, as far as I can tell.

The good news is, Full Swing knows what they need to build in the new software (e6 features and customer requests), they just need to really start investing there. I am totally satisfied with e6 for range work and Full Swing for playing courses, even if there are issues with how realistic it is right now.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_23974.jpg Views:	4 Size:	40.3 KB ID:	322807
        Originally posted by GullLakeMi View Post
        Tiger Woods Fixes Amateur Golf Swings - Bing video Check out this video. I believe Tiger is in his home golf studio. I can't tell what the setup is.
        The unique wall on the left (with the big white rectangles) suggests that this is the same studio (in Tiger's home) as FSG shows on their website.

Comment

• dinospumoni
          dinospumoni commented
          Editing a comment
          Tiger also has a 150 yard practice facility in his backyard that is nicer than what most country clubs have and doesn't work for a living. I doubt he's really putting in a whole lot of reps on his indoor simulator unless he is messing around with his kids or something.

Originally posted by crnkovcm View Post
        I have had a Full Swing sim for a couple of years now, and definitely happy.

First, I checked and I do have Trugolf e6 v1.6. I use it almost exclusively for the range because of all the shortcomings (elevation, etc). For practice, it is everything I need to dial the swing (save angle of attack and dynamic loft).

The new Full Swing software has really great courses, but it is so raw right now. I do enjoy playing the courses, and have made all the same requests you have to the product teams...if they are looking to transition to a subscription model, their updates are going to have to come fast and hard.

I was one of the first customers on the Ion 3 cameras...and had a bunch of issues that they worked with me on. Those issues have mostly been solved at this point - again, aside from the rawness of the new software. Outdoor range work matches sim work almost exactly, as far as I can tell.

The good news is, Full Swing knows what they need to build in the new software (e6 features and customer requests), they just need to really start investing there. I am totally satisfied with e6 for range work and Full Swing for playing courses, even if there are issues with how realistic it is right now.
        I'm very encouraged to hear this. I'll join the chorus providing FSG feedback on its new software once I complete the upgrades.

Comment

Can other FSG users help to answer a few questions now that I've upgraded to the new hardware and software:

How loud is your ion3 fan? Mine seems to be much louder than the projector, which is a surprise. (It's also more of a loud whir than a normal fan sound.)

How long does the new (proprietary) FSG Software take to "prepare the round" when launching a fresh game?

Do you have a rubber/plastic plug for a tee in your hitting mat or do you only rely on sticking tees directly into the mat?

How obvious are the seams between the sections of your hitting mat? Do they even out over time? Looks to me like the center mat is thicker/taller than the side mats...

Comment

MNW

How loud is your ion3 fan? Mine seems to be much louder than the projector, which is a surprise. (It's also more of a loud whir than a normal fan sound.)
            Mine is very loud, much louder that my projector

How long does the new (proprietary) FSG Software take to "prepare the round" when launching a fresh game?
            Close to 2 minutes to load - seems like an eternity

Do you have a rubber/plastic plug for a tee in your hitting mat or do you only rely on sticking tees directly into the mat?
            I cut my mat and installed a driving range rubber plug. I broke a tee every time I used one in the mat due to the Plywood under the mat.

How obvious are the seams between the sections of your hitting mat? Do they even out over time? Looks to me like the center mat is thicker/taller than the side mats...
            I have had mine for 6 months and the mats are still not even and have big seams that you can even see the tack boards below.

Comment

Has anyone else install/choose a Full swing solution lately? Have they changed their service levels?

Doesn't appear that this is an active group.
              Last edited by e4chan; 09-11-2021, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• MNW
                MNW commented
                Editing a comment
                posted as a reply below
                Last edited by MNW; 10-12-2021, 06:08 PM. Reason: posted as a reply below

With their monthly software updates the proprietary Full Swing Golf software is slowly but steadily getting better. Still way short of e6, but FSG has delivered several new courses this summer and most of the serious glitches seem to have been worked out. Need to continue adding features -- hopefully they're not distracted by the new launch monitor product.

Comment

Im not trying to be a troll, but I am honestly curious what the attraction is to a system like FS (or About Golf, HD Golf etc) vs industry standards like TM or Foresight? There are certainly cheaper alternatives to TM/FSight that make a ton of $ense (Unekor, Skytrack etc). But for these systems where cost is the same or more, I do not get it. If you love golf enough to spend the cash, dedicate/build the space etc, why not use the superior hardware esp when these companies now fully committed to the indoor sim space and particularly in TMs case have excellent software or in FSights case can plug into other good software?

FSwing in particular clearly has a huge marketing budget, but are folks really not seeing right through that with a little research?
                Last edited by Cinderellaboy; 10-20-2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• DS12
                  DS12 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  True, seeing that Tiger uses a Full Swing simulator in his house probably sold a fair amount of these

• dwomble
                  dwomble commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a laundry list of issues regarding my FullSwing system. (Noted above as I am the OP on this topic thread)

I was promised over a year ago that these issues would be addressed by the end of Q1/2021.

When that didn't happen, I purchased a GCQuad system and currently use it inside the FS setup. A couple of weeks ago an acquaintance called me for a reference on the FS system. I told him that he could come try mine out and I called FS Support to make sure I had the most current version installed.

My number one issue is the inability to adjust altitude. My buddy came over and we fired up the FS system and went to the range and there is still no setting to adjust the altitude. All yardages are at sea level.

My buddy told this story to his FS sales rep and was told that you can adjust yardages on courses but not on the range. To be honest, I didn't check out the balance of my bitch list as without a usable driving range the rest isn't that important to me and I am happy with my GCQuad.

• Deuce
                  Deuce commented
                  Editing a comment
                  AboutGolf isn't too bad and they cater to the wealthy who want to pay someone to take care of it for them. Full Swing relies on the Tiger factor but can't imagine anyone would pay for it if they did 5 basic minutes of research.

Hi dwomble,

Sorry to hear about your issues. I am envious of you man cave.

In regards to the full swing and since you now have a GCquad to check metrics.

How accurate are

Ball speed
                Launch angle
                Spin ( is it 50rps out or 1000 rpms out on average?)

Many thanks,
                Michael

Comment

Hi dwomble, my friend just purchased the Full Swing "Used" and it's not detecting low shots.
                  Any idea what I need to look into to correct this situation?
                  I plan on checking sensors and wire connections, but not that familiar with these Sims.
                  I'm not even sure if this Sim has an alignment option?
                  Likewise, we can not obtain any tech support from Full Swing after he paid them to preform the install.

Comment

NoMorePencils

I can’t really help you out on your Full Swing system. Despite having over $90K invested, it has never really worked for me.

While sympathetic to your problems with FS, I am certainly not surprised.

Comment

I have yet to get a tech to contact me after calling their tech support line, which is just a customer support person taking my contact info and forwarding it to a "technician". I am not hopeful that i will get any response.
                      I will probably be left to try to locate the calibration utility software that allows a live look into the camera view myself. I already cracked the password for the "OTS" system, that I thought would give me the access I needed to the camera, since it was password protected, but it did not.
                      So far, it seems they are big on selling these exquisite, expensive systems, but not so big on post sale support. Granted I inherited the system, but would be willing to spend some $ in tech support services, if it existed.

Comment

Working...
                      X