Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Triplebogeysrbetter (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 Spring Tour - US Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 SPRING TOUR - Travelers Championship with 2 rounds at Yuma Desert Golf Club : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-championship
See more
See less

Anyone purchase Protee Play yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone purchase Protee Play yet?

It appears Protee Play can now be purchased. Anyone already purchased it? Curious to get some feedback on this. It looks like a fun product for all ages and skill level.

After selling my FR1 dongle I was in need of a good simple range option. Purchased the VIP deal without too much research, I primarily wanted it for the range. While it does have some good driving range options there is no way to compile or export data. Hopefully they add a simple running average of carry and total distance. Until then I'd rather use a TGC range and average the data through the shot recording export.

Another reason for the purchase were the games which might get some of my non-golfing friends swinging a little bit. I haven't really played any of them yet but there are a lot more included than I thought.

It looks like there are already new games/ranges under development so I'm very hopeful improvements continue to be released.

Comment

Grant,

Have you tried the combine / skills challenge. I have FR1, FSX, and TGC. This missing piece for me is a good combine challenge similar to Trackman's.

Thx.

Randy

Comment

• ProTee United
        ProTee United commented
        Editing a comment
        Give it a try yourself. I'm sure you will like it!

All shots for all games and ranges are recorded. We will make the data available like we do on the tour site.
      TGC Tours: http://golfsimulatortours.com

Comment

I do not see this anywhere for purchase. Is it only for protee users or can skytrak users use it?

Comment

Currently says June 2018 for skytrak.

Comment

Originally posted by onehandicap View Post
            Grant,

Have you tried the combine / skills challenge. I have FR1, FSX, and TGC. This missing piece for me is a good combine challenge similar to Trackman's.

Thx.

Randy
            As far as a combine goes it seems to be pretty similar to Trackmans. Differences are the yardages of the targets, hit 5 shots per target, and there isn't a driver session. Otherwise you get scored on how close you are to each individual target and an overall score. It would be a lot of fun if in the future there is a global leader board and regular contests or a way to track individual progress.

Comment

I purchased it first day it was released. I purchased one year license to see how my son likes it.
              The Skellball is his favourite, although I would have preferred 100 target in the middle instead of 50 as it is encouraging him to not hit it straight to get the 'Mega Wow' 100 score.
              The Central Island game is also a hit. He basically plays these two games and nothing else. The other games didn't float his boat.
              For myself I use Protee combine, I would have liked to vary distances so I can go through my bag from 60 degree wedge to driver but hopefully that can be added as that would be a big selling point to keep subscription.
              As most of the games are aimed at children apart from combine and driving ranges I would like to see a fun pitch and putt course where you can vary the distances.

Comment

Working...
              X