Tittle X Golf Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tittle X Golf Simulator

This is something new I found. It's the Tittle X Golf Simulator from tittlegolf.com. Mine just arrived two days ago. The Tittle X device is not meant to be a full impact simulator, but more of a practice tool with simulator feedback. It comes with a short two foot club called a swing stick that's weighted to feel like a real club and has a mechanical head that provides a 'kick' when the club is at it's lowest swing trajectory giving it the haptic feedback of striking a ball. The Title X device is very similar in concept to the R-motion device. You have a small thumb size bluetooth device that clips onto the the 'swing stick' that does what the R-motion does. It records all of the club swing parameters and calculates clubs speed, ball flight distance. The software provided is the E6 Truegolf simulator with a 12 courses. Tittle provides a very professional looking middleware that reads the bluetooth data and feeds processed swing data to the E6 Truegolf software. I also found on the Google play store that Tittle has an beta version Android golf simulator that gives you a diving range and a few holes of golf. In addition to the Tittle deice, they also give you two additional clips for your own clubs, one for your 7-iron and one for your putter although they say on their website not to use real balls because it 'will' damage the device. They say nothing about foam balls though. So the way it's designed it's perfect for practicing in your living room or office, were ceilings may be low. It's a great system for the kids, or for folks trapped in a snow bound apartment building. For indoor use, indoor practice, or teaching your kids golf, it's a wonderful device and safe for your ceilings.

The quality of the Swing stick, and Tittle device are excellent and durable. The Tittle X thumb size device has a very readable white LED display that shows displays info on the status of the chip. It shows charging scale, 'Ready' message, 'Swing' the time, swing speed and yardage. The E6 Truegolf simulator is very responsive with very very little lag between ball impact and simulator action. Same with the Android beta simulator. It's a Great device to just have fun with.

Courses Created:
    Cresent Hill KY (L)
    Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
    Seneca GC KY (L) 18
    Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Are you using real clubs or just the swing stick? They also told me you can no longer purchase the extra clips. Are the foam balls giving you accurate numbers?

Comment

I'm using the swing stick exclusively right now. It's surprisingly good on it's simulation swing values. The distances are very close to what I hit and its very close to what you get from an R-motion or optishot. It even caught and simulated a topped ball. The swing stick feels very much like an iron. The weight and the ball kick feed back is impressive and real feeling. I found it worth putting a ball marker on the floor to aim at. The accuracy of all the swing parameters is right up there with the R-motion from my experience including face angle, rotation, tempo, loft angle, etc. They do give you two clips for your real clubs; one for the driver and one for the putter. Unfortunately I'm can't get to my simulator at the moment to test, In the package I got a D clip pre-attached to the swing stick, and two other clips one is a D and the other is a PT. (I was mistaken about there being a 7 iron clip), Although that maybe just a software club selection thing. It should be safe with foam balls, but maybe not real balls. I don't think this is as rugged as the R-motion chip and/or clip for real ball strikes. An R-motion should work fine on the swing stick though if you wanted to do TGC indoors low ceiling. I've gotten really fond of the little android beta simulator. I just turn on screen casting from my Samsung to Roku and get a surprisingly good 1 hole of golf or a nice driving range. I'll update this as I get more play time.
      Last edited by Chuck; 01-19-2018, 03:28 AM.
      Courses Created:
      Cresent Hill KY (L)
      Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
      Seneca GC KY (L) 18
      Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

I thought I would give a brief update. I finally got E6 installed on my simulator system with the Tittle X golf device and all it's a good piece of work. E6Golf Truegolf is certainly one of the better Golf Simulator software packages. The installation of the Tittle PC App (Tittle to E6 simulator / controller) went smoothly and so did the E6 truegolf install. The E6 software takes a significant amount of time and it also went smoothly except I needed to download a special version of DotNet3.5 from MS. Once it was all installed I realized that I didn't have Bluetooth on my simulator PC. No problem I thought (I was thinking I had a BT wireless keyboard/mouse on my office PC). As it turned out, it wasn't BT by some MS wireless Keyboard/mouse combo. Arggg. Then my memory caught up with me about using your android phone as the BT middleware package between the Tittle X device and E6. That worked right off and soon I had the simulator running with tittle.
        Everything work beautifully. I'm going to go out and buy a BT dongle tonight.

I tried real clubs with foam balls and it consistently read my swings very accurately. Typical of my swing, I fade far more that I like to admit. The chip fits onto the plastic clip very firmly and the plastic clips seemed to hold the chip firm with no slippage or twisting. Its a learning experience getting the tabs of the clip to slide under the handle, but with a little effort it's not to difficult to install and adjust. As I said, the chip slides and clicks on to the club clip. It's takes a little pressure to get the chip to click into place. The chip reads an RFID tag in the clip that tells you what the club is. Because of how solid everything was, I gave it a try with real balls on a real driver. I had no problem with that at all except that the distances fell by 30% or so. From say 200yrds to 160yrds.

This is just like the R-Motion in most respects. However, with one on the swing stick, one for your putter and one for the driver. Because tittle device snaps on so firmly to the clips, it's very difficult or desirable to move the chip from club to club. This maybe one reason they don't have the clips for all clubs. Tittle says not to use real balls, and if you have a 140Mph swing, you may want to practice on foam at first, but for my 90mph swings, It had no problem striking and reading real balls.

The tittle device is a design masterpiece. The LED display is very informative. (I hope the next version R-motion is as nice). Even when Tittle is not connected to a simulator, you still get readings from the LED display. Estimated yardage, club speed, a parameter called TP and a parameter called RS and curvature of ball flight, DRAW, STR, or FADE. So because of this, you could take it out to a driving range and use it as a swing development tool. It's definitely not a toy.

Sooooo to may a long story short (did I say brief?). This device is awesome, it's for real, useful and fun. Two big thumbs up from me.
        Last edited by Chuck; 01-23-2018, 01:21 AM.
        Courses Created:
        Cresent Hill KY (L)
        Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
        Seneca GC KY (L) 18
        Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Do you have to pay the 1800 for e6 or is the cloud edition included in the 200 bucks for the titlex

Comment

Can you put 3 clips on real clubs and one on the putter if you don’t want to use the included sticks?

Comment

I put the PT clip on the putter and the other D on my driver. The swing stick has it clip already installed and it's a D also. The putter also worked pretty well with real balls and also works stand-alone if desired. As car as the Cloud edition of E6Golf, in one of the tips and tricks videos the tech guy does mention an upgrade route (or maybe it will be available for sweet sum of $1800). I really don't know. Looks sweet though.
              Courses Created:
              Cresent Hill KY (L)
              Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
              Seneca GC KY (L) 18
              Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Oh, one more thing I found out. The tittle is water proof for outdoor use.
                Courses Created:
                Cresent Hill KY (L)
                Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Update. I received a message back from Tittle asking them about the use with real balls, and they replied with what the website says, that strikes with real balls (I'm assuming with real clubs) *will* damage the unit. So if you do decide to experiment with real balls (like me) your on your own. I don't see foam balls as being an issue though.
                  Courses Created:
                  Cresent Hill KY (L)
                  Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                  Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                  Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

Do you think it’s accurate with foam balls and a good beginning sim. I have no use for the swing sticks. Can’t see how they would even work and know if the ball went straight or not.

Comment

Yes to both. I think your right about just swing the stick. With the stick I have to think about how long my club is and pretend I know where the club head is and where the ball is located. The stick is not some ordinary stick though, It's a very high quality weighted device that you will probably keep just as a training aid. For a first time sim, I don't think you could go wrong with this. With a swing pad, and foam balls and a driver or iron, you could do serious practice. Just note the E6golf simulator software you will need a good PC with a good gamer GPU and you'll need a Bluetiooth 4.0 Low energy adapter if your PC doesn't have one. With all of that, I don't think you could go wrong with this setup for a beginner.
                      Courses Created:
                      Cresent Hill KY (L)
                      Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                      Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                      Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

This device is not at all ready for primetime. I was an early tester of the device over a year ago and considered integrating it with my Fitness Golf software. Unfortunately it is not the least bit accurate when attached to real clubs. Every swing produces a nasty slice even with a very exaggerated hook swing. For some reason, using the device on the shortened Swing Stick allows a reasonable round of golf to be played but not really much of an improvement over using a Wii. It is a very small and slick sensor device and if they can improve the accuracy (which they are working hard on now) they will have a winner!

Comment

When I used a real driver (and real balls), I did see a fade far more than I think I should. It can be adjusted by rotating the device 45 degrees clockwise (a hint they give in one of their tips-and-tricks video). If you draw too much, just do it counter clockwise. The carry distance is way off for real balls so a 200yrd swing results in 160yrds in their sim. As far as the Wii comment, I think that is a pretty snarky comparison. The device is giving you all of the same data of an R-motion and more than a Zepp. The fact that there are 3 Android apps for the device (one being an android simulator) AND a full blown network enabled version of the E6Golf from Truegolf means its not only good as a basic simulator, but you can take it anywhere with you. Also considering it's the lowest price simulator I've seen, it is a winner all ready.

I agree though the need for improvements. It's new and is not currently designed for real golf ball impacts (both in software and hardware). Foam and wiffle balls are OK. I suspect Almost balls will work but give bad distance values. There is no place in the software to change that either like you find in Optishot or R-motion.

The clips have been solid and hold very nicely to all of my clubs, however, clipping on and removing the device for club changes reminds me of how tricky it is to remove the lid on a modern pill bottle; it takes effort and may not be easy in a darkened simulator room But once it's on, it's not going anywhere even with real balls. Another plus is you can only clip it on in one direction and never install it upside down.

The Trugolf E6golf software is a heavyweight on graphics and the courses have great landscape imagery. As far as the Android sim, it's only 1 hole and practice field but it works anywhere you take your stick. A wish list would be to add VR to the android golf sim; there I think the swing stick would be perfect proxy in a VR world.

The stick is not a real club and feels kind of funny (and short) on the downswing and lacks a visual orientation of face angle at contact. E6 provides that info after the fact (as does the device's OLED display and android swing analysis app) but the human-eye dynamic of a real club on ball impact is missing. When you need that, I guess your ready for an upgrade to a full sim system.
                          Last edited by Chuck; 01-27-2018, 04:40 AM.
                          Courses Created:
                          Cresent Hill KY (L)
                          Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                          Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                          Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

I thought I would pass along some of my experiences with Tittle X golf simulator (A $189 device similar to an R-motion). The kit gives you to clips (one for your driver, one for the putter), a swing stick, and a toy "nerf" stick for kids (or people doing VR). The simulator software is the E6 Truegolf simulation software with 1- 18 hole course and a practice range. You get a license to install another 12 courses on single PC however, it looks like the basic setup can be put on multiple machines which is great with the swing stick. So you can play anywhere with the swing stick, That is kind of cool. It also works stand-alone though the OLED display on the face of Tittle device. If it could only hit real balls, this thing could give R-motion a real run for it's money.

So today, I was playing Scottsdale AZ on my Optishot while watching the 3rd round of the Waste Management from the same course with my Zepp 1 swing analyzer and a couple of beers. This is my second year with the Zepp and I have to say, this is one of the best golf swing improvement devices you can buy, I found my Zepp1 on E-bay for $35 new. The newer Zepp2 is more and is an much better device to take to the course (Zepp2 has GPS). Anyway, on the Optishot and Zepp, the always matched on club speed. If they didn't match, they were with in 1mph of each other. So if you wanted extra swing info from your optishot, I would really recommend a Zepp. I hit an 86 on Scottsdale course which is mostly due to me having a bad short game on optishot.

So I finished 18 holes, and thought it would be worth playing a real balls with the Tittle X device. Just driver and putter. (no swing stick). In addition I linked up the Zepp. Both Zepp and Tittle are bluetooth devices, and occasionally Zepp did miss a swing. But all an all it worked well. I had no trouble with the tittle clips and moving the device from clip to clip became easy with practice. Unlike the R-motion, you can't install this deice upside down and the clips actually work well. I set the tittle to it's most sensitive and to use real clubs. So for the first tee off with driver, Zepp clocked me at 84mph (about 212yrds on optishot), and tittle X had 70mph and 156yrds. The tittle also showed nearly every swing as a FADE to the right. I let the E6 software select the clubs and tried to use the driver like that club. If Tittle could do one thing, it would be to include a 7iron clip. So after fooling around and fooling around, I found that I could control the FADE by choking up and the club. That seemed to show better control on the simulator, and the Zepp values started to get better with the simulator (using real balls and full swings).

What turned out to be outstanding with real balls on the E6 simulator with Tittle was putting! Long putts, short putts, greens with undulations. With a real putter and real balls, I had the tittle and E6 in the practice area for putting, and was putting on my 20ft run. If it went in the whole on my practice run, it did the same on the simulator. If it rimmed out on the real hole, it rimmed out on the simulator. Not one, not twice but single time. So for a straight in level hole, its very accurate. For shots the curve over an undulation, that takes a new putting maneuver of angling the club opposite the curve direction, and on the swing straightening out the club. I was so impressed with this aspect of Tittle, So that was cool.

So Ricky Fowler wins the Scottsdale with a 65 and I thought I wonder if I could cast the Swingstick in VR. So I downloaded Trinus VR to the simulator PC and casted VR to my Android VR headset. Wow. Now E6 did good. That was fun. That swing stick is perfect for VR golf. I'm not kidding. That was awesome. I'm definitely going to give that a try again.

Courses Created:
                            Cresent Hill KY (L)
                            Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
                            Seneca GC KY (L) 18
                            Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• Jeff Thomas
                              Jeff Thomas commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Just wish TGC or JNPG would add Tittle x as an option. Hopefully E6 will promote a Air swing tournament for a yearly or monthly fee.

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                            I thought I would pass along some of my experiences with Tittle X golf simulator (A $189 device similar to an R-motion). The kit gives you to clips (one for your driver, one for the putter), a swing stick, and a toy "nerf" stick for kids (or people doing VR). The simulator software is the E6 Truegolf simulation software with 1- 18 hole course and a practice range. You get a license to install another 12 courses on single PC however, it looks like the basic setup can be put on multiple machines which is great with the swing stick. So you can play anywhere with the swing stick, That is kind of cool. It also works stand-alone though the OLED display on the face of Tittle device. If it could only hit real balls, this thing could give R-motion a real run for it's money.

So today, I was playing Scottsdale AZ on my Optishot while watching the 3rd round of the Waste Management from the same course with my Zepp 1 swing analyzer and a couple of beers. This is my second year with the Zepp and I have to say, this is one of the best golf swing improvement devices you can buy, I found my Zepp1 on E-bay for $35 new. The newer Zepp2 is more and is an much better device to take to the course (Zepp2 has GPS). Anyway, on the Optishot and Zepp, the always matched on club speed. If they didn't match, they were with in 1mph of each other. So if you wanted extra swing info from your optishot, I would really recommend a Zepp. I hit an 86 on Scottsdale course which is mostly due to me having a bad short game on optishot.

So I finished 18 holes, and thought it would be worth playing a real balls with the Tittle X device. Just driver and putter. (no swing stick). In addition I linked up the Zepp. Both Zepp and Tittle are bluetooth devices, and occasionally Zepp did miss a swing. But all an all it worked well. I had no trouble with the tittle clips and moving the device from clip to clip became easy with practice. Unlike the R-motion, you can't install this deice upside down and the clips actually work well. I set the tittle to it's most sensitive and to use real clubs. So for the first tee off with driver, Zepp clocked me at 84mph (about 212yrds on optishot), and tittle X had 70mph and 156yrds. The tittle also showed nearly every swing as a FADE to the right. I let the E6 software select the clubs and tried to use the driver like that club. If Tittle could do one thing, it would be to include a 7iron clip. So after fooling around and fooling around, I found that I could control the FADE by choking up and the club. That seemed to show better control on the simulator, and the Zepp values started to get better with the simulator (using real balls and full swings).

What turned out to be outstanding with real balls on the E6 simulator with Tittle was putting! Long putts, short putts, greens with undulations. With a real putter and real balls, I had the tittle and E6 in the practice area for putting, and was putting on my 20ft run. If it went in the whole on my practice run, it did the same on the simulator. If it rimmed out on the real hole, it rimmed out on the simulator. Not one, not twice but single time. So for a straight in level hole, its very accurate. For shots the curve over an undulation, that takes a new putting maneuver of angling the club opposite the curve direction, and on the swing straightening out the club. I was so impressed with this aspect of Tittle, So that was cool.

So Ricky Fowler wins the Scottsdale with a 65 and I thought I wonder if I could cast the Swingstick in VR. So I downloaded Trinus VR to the simulator PC and casted VR to my Android VR headset. Wow. Now E6 did good. That was fun. That swing stick is perfect for VR golf. I'm not kidding. That was awesome. I'm definitely going to give that a try again.

Have you considered taking the device to the range to see how accurate it is? Seems like a good product it reads swing path decently.

Also, have you tried hitting balls with the sensor on off the optishot mat to compare the two devices head to head? How does it compare to R-Motion?
                            Last edited by scoobanny; 03-04-2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X