Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @braycobb (NET) and @beau lester (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Valero Texas Open !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Masters Tournament with 3 rounds at Magnolia National 2016 (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ers-tournament
See more
See less

Can I change club distances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I change club distances?

Is there a way for me to set my own club distances? I'm struggling with getting a sense of how far certain carries are. On every tee I need to shorten up the club since I can't carry the ball 265. Right now I just cycle through the clubs to get an idea but it would be easier if I could set my distances rather than the video game default ones. Also what is the best way to determine how far you need to carry the ball to clear something (i.e. hazard, bunker, etc.)? The overhead view often doesn't give enough information and moving the camera in scout view doesn't show you what the distances are.

Thanks.

Are you using the CG2 or Protee system? If protee system,it is quite easy to alter your distances.

Comment

Originally posted by Cklguy2013 View Post
      Are you using the CG2 or Protee system? If protee system,it is quite easy to alter your distances.
      Using a GC2. I don't want it to actually change how far I'm hitting it. I want the software to understand that I only hit my driver 230 instead of 265 so when I hit Q to scout the area it will only seek out 230 yards ahead of me rather than the pre-defined 265. I realize I can just swap it down to 5W which is set for 225 but typically on the tee it defaults to driver so it saves a few key strokes and just is more realistic to have my club distances rather than the video game settings.

Comment

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        No. You can't. Change to 5 wood to scout. It's the only way.

Sorry what are you saying, with a Gc2 one must set manually distances? Is that possible?

Comment

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        One can adjust distance plus or minus. +10% would add 20 yards to a 200 yard shot.

No guys. Sorry, I guess I'm not being clear. In the game if you press the Q button it jumps the view to where the landing area will be so you can get an idea of what it looks like. For example if you are on the tee for a par 3 and you want to see what is going on at the green you press the Q button. What it does is it jumps to your expected landing area based on the club you are using. In the video game it says the driver goes 265 yards so if you are set to using driver it will zoom to a landing area 265 yards away. You can use the Z and X keys to change your club. So if you go down to 7 iron and hit Q you will then zoom into 158 yards away. This doesn't impact how far your actual shot goes with the simulator version. That obviously has to do with the numbers of the actual hit. It is just for viewing the landing area.

What I'm asking about is if I can change what it zooms into. So for me when I'm on the tee and i hit Q I don't really want to see what is occurring 265 yards away, I'd rather see 230 yards away. If I need to carry the ball 145 yards I want it to select the 7 iron rather than the 8 iron. Based on these responses I'm guessing this can't be changed and apparently nobody else cares about it.

Comment

• aja
        aja commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that there are more than a few who care about this.

I've been playing the Red chain courses in ProTee while I'm waiting for my video card to be repaired and the suggested distances for clubs is bang on for me, but generally 15 yards shorter than TGC. I too would like to be able to dial back the TGC distances.

I understand what you are saying and think it would be beneficial. I don't have TGC yet, well because i have a skytrak. Howerver, the same thing happens on optishot and p3proswing. Obviously those systems are completely different and need the club entered to guesstimate the shot. However, depending upon the shot distance it will automatically come up with a club based on what you put in for the average distance of that club. So if you have 175yards left and that's your 5 iron, the system will automatically show 5. I think this is what you are asking for, but for it to be used so you can zoom in on where your averages are for your particular club distances.

Comment

I have not found a way to do this yet. I think those distances are in the code as this was a console game converted to simulator. Maybe request this to be added.
        GC2 Eastern Time Zone, USA

Comment

Definitely a great request to log. I have my own interface to the software, so i'll be adding logic to suggest clubs based on the distance that I actually hit them...but that won't affect the scout cam (I just realized it - thanks ks-man). This would be a great enhancement - to allow players to specify their club distances and have TGC software use that for both club suggestion AND the scout cam. It would need to be set up by player though, so that as the primary player and guest take their shots, it takes effect accordingly.

I know TGC will be working on a March update...it would be good if this one could be prioritized for that so it's not left waiting until the 2016/2017 indoor golf season.

Comment

Originally posted by rdh View Post
            Definitely a great request to log. I have my own interface to the software, so i'll be adding logic to suggest clubs based on the distance that I actually hit them...but that won't affect the scout cam (I just realized it - thanks ks-man). This would be a great enhancement - to allow players to specify their club distances and have TGC software use that for both club suggestion AND the scout cam. It would need to be set up by player though, so that as the primary player and guest take their shots, it takes effect accordingly.

I know TGC will be working on a March update...it would be good if this one could be prioritized for that so it's not left waiting until the 2016/2017 indoor golf season.
            Ok, I'll try and get a request in at the HB-Studios forum. You've mentioned a couple of times about your own interface to the software. Are you a computer programmer and have you written a helper program that interacts with TGC? Can you speak a little more about your setup either here or through PM?

Thanks.

Comment

When in scout cam mode (Q) its very easy to use the WSAD keys to move around. A couple of key S presses will move you 40 yards back.
              In combination with the mouse (movement, right click and left click) you walk the entire course.

Keyboard shortcuts are here: http://csc.protee-united.com/entries...oard-Shortcuts

Comment

That's still not a great workaround though to have to press some keys every time to get to the right position. ks-man - you should log this request through ProTee on this site (I think) rather than the HB site.

ks - I have hardware from a manufacturer that went out of business (Golftek) so I wrote my own integration program as I have a programming background (with an accounting designation for kicks). My interface is pretty cool as I've implemented a touch-screen interface to select clubs (a big button for every club) as well as functions like scout cam, etc. I've also set it up so it automatically triggers the scout cam for about 3 seconds before each shot with no keypresses needed...so that's where the ability to define club distances would be a huge improvement for me. I haven't tweaked my interface yet to suggest the correct club for each player, but I plan to do that. i.e. a place to define the club distances by player, then logic to automatically switch the club on each shot (adding 1 club for light rough and 2 clubs for heavy rough I think). It's been a fun project...would be great to see an interface like this released for everyone at some point. I'll try to post a couple screenshots for you when I get a chance.

Comment

I added a thread in the Feature Requests forum at HB-Studios.

Comment

Same question I had. I have my wife logged in as female golfer and it’s giving club distances for a male.

Comment

The distances are in the game based on the video game, they have NO affect on your shot. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the distances.

Comment

Working...
                      X