X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing TGC Designer Tools and Real Course Recreation Lidar Import

Hi everyone!

I've been hard at work for the last month developing tools that primarily will import Lidar data into TGC 2019 Courses.

There have been a lot of ups and downs, but I'm at the point where I'm ready to accept feedback from the community.

A completed course file is available here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RYW...ew?usp=sharing

Please don't publish this course in game, it's not completed and I call 'dibs' on publishing this course after I finish decorating it.

I've completed the proof-of-concept phases and have created playable, realistic courses. I'm still working on the User Interface and instructions to make this the easiest that it can be, but I wanted to open the tools up for developers to contribute fixes.

The source code is available free on Github and releases will be available there under the "Releases" link. I'm targeting the initial release in a week or two as a Windows download:

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	184974

I also am supporting import from OpenStreetMap golf courses ( https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=1...576/-115.28536 ) into TGC as splines if you don't want the lidar elevation or can't get lidar for your course.

Quick tips if you want to get started on your OpenStreetMap course: use the highest quality sat image available, map greens along the inside of THE FRINGE, map bunkers on the outside lip, map water on the outside lip.

For more information on the process or if you want to support future features of this tool, please read here: https://www.patreon.com/chadgolf

I hope this brings enjoyment to everyone. We all have courses that are personally meaningful to us, and I hope this software inspires you to create something for the community.
    - Chad

Special thanks to MTHunt, crazycanuck1985, friendBOMBER, and HTdumps for initial feedback and guidance.

Instructions and a tutorial linked from this page: https://chadrockey.github.io/TGC-Designer-Tools/
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ChadGolf; 02-07-2019, 07:06 PM.

• Does anyone has an idea where to find Lidar data for Germany?

Comment

• WOW, thanks to the many contributors and efforts by ChadGolf and also jpotas as well as many others.
      Though your endless contributions, the information is priceless as well as thorough to help everyone on this forum..
      I offer many thanks as this will hopefully start my journey in creating my favorite courses.
      Thanks again everyone.

Comment

• jpotas
        jpotas commented
        Editing a comment
        Send me a PM if you run into a problem.

• I am having an issue with some of my OSM data not importing. If I create a a flat course everything comes it fine. I am using 6 different LAZ files and I have found that EPSG 6350 works but maybe not for all of the LAZ files? They are all from the same date and the same project but it seems that the portions of the OSM that are not coming in are associated with specific LAZ files? I have gone through the metadata and tried all of the EPSG's that are listed but is seems that only 6350 works. The portions that I get to load are correct in the game with the topography but some holes just aren't coming in.

I am trying to create Elmhurst Country Club in Northeast Pennsylvania.
      ​​

Comment

• jpotas
        jpotas commented
        Editing a comment
        Move the mouse around and hit the enter key as fast as you can and it will allow you to multi plant.

• teeple1022
        teeple1022 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohh ok I will give that a try. I am working off of a surface tablet and it seems to have to load between each placement.

• jpotas
        jpotas commented
        Editing a comment
        On a PC, if you hit the enter key quick enough while moving the mouse it will enter as one item without the delay in between. I have never used anything but a PC though so I can't really compare to a tablet.

• Hi guys, are people still chatting on here? I’m in need of some help designing a course from the uk. My first time trying LiDar. I can’t get it loading in tgc2019. I’ve watched all the videos on how to do the process, yeh seems pretty simple, but I’m stuck. I guess it’s not as straightforward as creating US courses. When I use chadstool I only ever get one picture come up (black and white) and sat info doesn’t load. So, wrong epsg. Can’t find any that work. 27700 forces it to load. Brings up the 2D preview, with osm data (lots of detail👍🏻). What am I missing here? Metadata? Forgive me, new to all this. No idea of coding or what these file types are or where to get the files easily. Now, I have laz files, Course.file, osm, been looking for meta files but can’t find xml formats.. I get .json , are these any good? I’m thinking not.
      anyway I export the course save it in the correct game folder then it says error HB-RS 1702. Which is network connection I believe. ??? Confused

tgc2019 on steam.
      Course of choice: Greetham Valley, UK
      i plan to make the whole place with both courses. Yes it’s 36 holes. I know you can’t do that in game. I have a plan for that.

please some advice

what else do you need to know?

please help, I would really love to do this project
      Last edited by Xpre5s; 01-16-2023, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Well first let me say that building courses in Europe works exactly the same way as here in the U.S. I am a designer for hire and I have built many courses in the UK and Germany.

At the same time I like to give back to this community and help out the folks that want to build their courses themselves. So let's start with your Lidar. You said you have Laz files so that is a good thing, where did you get your Lidar? If you email me your Lidar (just one file) or send me a link I can take look and get you the correct EPSG. You no longer need a metadata file, all you need is the EPSG. I did look at OSM and see that it has been splined, although I will say that it looks like the course has gone through a renovation. In Bing, I see ponds over the top of sand traps but in one of the other views their is no sand trap their. This is an obvious sign that renovations have been done. Do you know when the renovations were done and is your Lidar from after the renovations were done? If the Lidar is older than the renovation it will not be accurate. Of course with some manual work minor renovations can be made in the designer.

My email is jpotas67@gmail.com, send me a note if you want some help. Screenshots of what you are seeing would be helpful.

John
        My published Courses, all Lidar:

My Early Courses:
        Boyne Arthur Hills Lidar2
        Boyne Donald Ross LidarV2
        Boyne Moor Lidar
        BoyneHeather5T Lidar V2
        CalderoneFarmsLidar5T2Pin
        Lake Erie Metro Lidar3
        Marco Island CC Lidar3
        Willow Metropark Lidar5
        Wyandotte Shore Lidar2

Later Courses:
        Fraserglen Golf Course, British Columbia
        Meadowbrook Northville (L)
        The Glen (Illinois) Lidar
        Deer Park Estate GC, Scotland
        Green Craig Point GC, Scotland
        Red Rock GC Las Vegas MTN
        Ottumwa Country Club
        And Many More...

Comment

• I would like to thank jpotas for the assistance. It’s my first go at designing a LiDar course. Had some issues, but he put me straight and it’s all working properly. If you haven’t already go check out his work.

Comment

• PGA 2K23 Designer
            Can you migrate TGC2019 Lidar course designs into the latest 2k23 , polish your design up with hopefully more up to date design software then migrate it out and then upload it back onto the TGC2019 version.
            In anticipation
            Jonathan​

Comment

• Brettster
              Brettster commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope, sorry... that's been covered many times up here and elsewhere. It doesn't seem possible at this point - and likely never will be... Sorry ;( We're all breathlessly waiting for the release of TGC 2K23, or 2K25... hopefully

• Is anyone elses chad's tool not working? Whenever I run it I get this message "OpenStreetMap Overpass query (node(45.09371218313842,-93.00021793663564,45.15622098691536,-92.96896604425926);way(45.09371218313842,-93.00021793663564,45.15622098691536,-92.96896604425926)];out;
            Mapquest Image URL Request:"​

Comment

• Yes, others have posted on FB groups about a certificate that had just recently expired causing issues. Not sure if there was an outcome or not though.
              Originally posted by Lrlive View Post
              Is anyone elses chad's tool not working? Whenever I run it I get this message "OpenStreetMap Overpass query (node(45.09371218313842,-93.00021793663564,45.15622098691536,-92.96896604425926);way(45.09371218313842,-93.00021793663564,45.15622098691536,-92.96896604425926)];out;
              Mapquest Image URL Request:"​

Comment

• I've been getting an error for a few days now and still getting it. Looks like a web certificate has expired.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	288
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	387438

Comment

• I've been trying to get Chad's Tool to work, but haven't had any luck. This is the error message that I get. I believe I have everything that I need, but maybe it is because of this SSL Certificate?

I just bought TGC 2019 to build lidar courses, but if this isn't going to work I'll see if I can get a refund.

Comment

• Originally posted by GolfEdit2023 View Post
                    I've been trying to get Chad's Tool to work, but haven't had any luck. This is the error message that I get. I believe I have everything that I need, but maybe it is because of this SSL Certificate?

I just bought TGC 2019 to build lidar courses, but if this isn't going to work I'll see if I can get a refund.
                    I'm seeing the exact same error. I just completed a course last week and it came out great. Really bummed to see this error now...

Comment

• See: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...th-mississippi

Comment

• Originally posted by ProTee United View Post
                        Is it really as simple as changing my pc date back to 3/20? Going to try that after lunch and will report back..

Comment

• Haha - worked like a charm. Good to have this as a temp fix! Thanks for letting me know!

Comment

• bobbyr640810
                            bobbyr640810 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hello All,

I'm brand new to the forum, and trying to create a lidar of my home course (Binghamton CC, 1401 Robinson Hill Rd, Endwell NY 13760). I have watched the tutorial videos and followed along as described. I used the tip above regarding changing my PC date to 3/20 and it allows me to run Chads Tool. However, every time I run it I get the same error message that I am using the wrong EPSG. I contacted USGS Help, they directed me to the EPSG.IO website where I used the map to click on the course itself. The EPSG it gave me is 3857. I still get the error message (see attached screen shot). Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated as I am stuck and can't figure out how to get past this. Thanks!
                        Working...
                        X