Most durable balls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most durable balls?

We all know that most screens can beat up the balls (clear coat) quite a bit. Just curious if anyone has notices whether any model ball hold up better (or worse) than others?

All I can say is stay away from Cut Golf balls.

Tp5 or project A by taylormade

Comment

I play the TP5x outdoors. I used to use them in the sim but they don’t last forever and they are expensive. My idea was I’d use them outside after several hours in the sim. I switched a year ago to ProjectA and I find i get similar numbers and they last a lot longer. I toss them in my kids bag when they are worn out. Much cheaper.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

MG Tour C4 is remarkably durable in sim and cheap at $20 per dozen. It’s also a urethan cover so it should spin similar to most tour balls.

Comment

If you have a Dunhams, the Nike RZN balls are tough to beat and they are on sale for 7.99 a dozen again, just picked up 5 dozen. They are bagged and have practice stamped on them, but you just can't beat the price for these.

The new kirkland ball lasts forever, not the greatest, but definitely good enough for the sim.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought nike was out of the equipment business? Nike RZN urethane cover?

Kirklands and Pro-V1s are the most durable. Chromesoft and Bridgestone crack easily.

Comment

Wizard of Coz Yes the Nike RZN Platinum. Urethane cover, 4 piece.

Comment

I agree with the Kirkland ball. Lasts a long time and is pretty resistant to scuffs and other things that can damage a screen. I did pick up a bunch of the RZN Platinum too. Hard to beat that price. Only thing better was the infamous Lethal deal from woot.

Comment

I disagree on the ProV-1's, at least in my experience. While they haven't cracked on me I've had issues with the paint coming off on the screen (the titleist logo and the number), leaving black smudges on the screen. Also, they wear more than other balls I've hit, and the coating starts to come off.

Comment

The Kirkland’s seem to last almost forever for me with no scuffs. I find I crack Pro-v1s faster than I’d like but I’m using a Kirkland until the dimple seem warn (not rough) then I throw them in my golf bag as fodder when I’m playing poorly.

Comment

Prior generation Srixon z-stars last a long time for a premium urethane ball.

Comment

Im curious as to how long is long on average? Do you get more than a full round out of a ball? How many hits or rounds approx?

I have a driver issue and I know my Cobra driver chews golf balls. Guess im looking for a new driver now too to add to my golf simulator expense.

Comment

I've found it just depends. In cold weather, with a garage sim, I'd crack at least one ball a week and the brand didn't matter - Titleist, Srixon, Callaway, etc. In warm weather, I've gone weeks without a ball cracking - at least a few thousand hits. Agree that the Titleist Pro-V and Callaway Truvis paint is basically worthless - comes off quickly if you hit a lot. Other brands seem to do better on paint. Best way to get a lot of life out of the golf balls is not store them somewhere cold. If it's a garage sim that isn't heated when you're not there, bring them inside with you when you're not hitting.

Comment

Working...
                        X