Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @braycobb (NET) and @beau lester (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Valero Texas Open !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Masters Tournament with 3 rounds at Magnolia National 2016 (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ers-tournament
See more
See less

SkyTrak vs. Mevo+ Buyer's Guide - would appreciate feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak vs. Mevo+ Buyer's Guide - would appreciate feedback

Hi everyone, I've written up a comprehensive SkyTrak vs Mevo+ Buyer's Guide with a comparison of everything I could think of, and plan to keep it updated and add to it over time. Would appreciate your feedback:

https://gunghogolf.com/articles/skytrak-vs-mevo-plus

Thanks!
    - Ron at GungHoGolf.com

Wow, outstanding. If I had know you were going to do this I would not have supplied my measly thoughts to one of the other threads asking for opinions on these devices! Lol 😆 Well done.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
      GungHoGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

• adidag
      adidag commented
      Editing a comment
      Great comparison here, but appreciated your thoughts nonetheless

Awesome work as usual Gung. Perhaps add indoor the Mevo plus requires metallic dot on ball to be aligned, unless I missed it somewhere.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
      GungHoGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bubba, it's there under "Ball placement, marking, and orientation"

• Bubba22
      Bubba22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it! Nice work.

I’ve owned both and I’d consider noting:

- HLA of SkyTrak lower accuracy given it’s situated beside the ball
    - Mevo+ can have some low spin “misreads” on the lower end of ball to screen scale

Otherwise I think you’ve got it covered well.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
      GungHoGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Good points, thanks for the feedback!

• GungHoGolf
      GungHoGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Updated article for ST HLA. Haven't seen low spin problem with M+ unless I don't use the metallic sticker on the ball.

Seen several instances of users using a ball for putting that does not have the dot. May be good to include if you think that has merit. Have not tried it myself to opine.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
      GungHoGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback. Personally I haven’t seen a difference with sticker vs no sticker when putting, and haven’t heard that recommendation from my FS folks, but I’ll keep it in mind for a future edit.
Working...
X