Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would you pay for Protee ball spin upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would you pay for Protee ball spin upgrade?

I'd go $4000 CAD ($3000 USD) plus the protee sensor and camera system cost. I'd like to see the interest in a product like this as an upgrade. Club and ball data with measured spin and lefty righty friendly is the holy grail, the technology is available and there is a lot of consumers.
    Last edited by Ports; 01-09-2017, 03:49 AM.

I like my ProTee the way it is. Since it's extremely unlikely that your wished for add on will ever come to fruition, I'd say that I'd be willing to pay $ 500, and no more.

If I wanted spin, I'd go for a used GC2.

Comment

It should be easy with TGC. Use either skytrak or gc2 ball data for calculation and show the clubhead stats from the protee sensor. TGC shows data from all three sources now, would be great if they could show the data.

Comment

The righty lefty thing is a pain with skytrak and gc2.

Comment

True, but you're not going to get spin without another device and then where are you going to mount it to solve the R/L issue. I think the lowest cost option would be ST + protee base, but you would have the R/L issue. Getting that all in one at a "reasonable" cost and one that actually works would be the ideal machine.

Comment

Somehow upgrade the hcam to measure spin from the ceiling. A guy can dream I suppose...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ports View Post
              Somehow upgrade the hcam to measure spin from the ceiling. A guy can dream I suppose...lol.
              Or they could put a spin sensor in the base unit. An upgrade to the circuit board would be great .

Comment

Some sort of bore hole camera might pick it up, or maybe a metal sticker a la Flightscope?

Comment

We are just waiting for the right Computer Vision expert to contact us. Our system is completely open, has hardware triggers and we can add a spin camera really easy.

Comment

A lot of us Protee guys are begging you to take our money haha. It's nice to hear there is a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                    X