Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Monovision (NET) and @Shawn Rennie (GROSS) winning the TGC 2019 SPRING TOUR - US Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 SPRING TOUR - Travelers Championship with 2 rounds at TPC @ Boston (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-championship
See more
See less

How to build my simulator with 5000$ ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to build my simulator with 5000$ ?

Hello everyone, I first apologize for the understanding of this message but I am French and I will use a translator.

Then I am Cedric and I live in France, I would like to install a simulator in my garage but with a limited budget ($ 5000). My garage is 18 feet by 13 feet. The ceiling height is 11 feet.

I already have the practice mat, a friend will sell me skytrak for $ 1700 so I will have $ 3300 to buy the rest :

Computer: $ 492 Computer Config

Impact Screen (12X9): $ 250 https://www.golfbays.co.uk/Golf_Impa..._18607269.aspx

TGC: $ 945

Net behind the screen:?

Video Projector (optoma GT760): $ 570

I would like to install the skytrak simulator with the TGC software. What do you think of the impact screen?
    Is the config of the computer sufficient?
    Regarding the structure of the screen, I count the realized with wood what do you think?

Must it necessarily put a net above the structure?

Could you give me your idea of ​​configuration with a budget of 3300 $ knowing that I will have the Skytrak

thank you in advance
    Last edited by Randwik; 01-06-2019, 04:16 PM.

I couldn’t get the PC link to work but as long as it has a good video card you’re fine. Specs are posted everywhere here for PC’s. I recommend a net behind the screen. It’s cheap and can only help. Everything else is fine.

Comment

Size of your space is pretty close to my sim's dimensions, so that should work.

As far as netting for the ceiling in front of the impact screen, I would have a minimum of 1 meter of netting from the screen. You can draw a picture of the launch angles to confirm the part of the ceiling that could be hit by high launch golf balls. Highest launch angle I have seen is 55 degrees.

As mthunt pointed out, use netting behind the impact screen as well. It will reduce wear on the impact screen.

Check ProTee's page for the minimum graphics card specs.

https://csc.protee-united.com/hc/en-...Club-Simulator

The graphics card is the most important part of a computer to run TGC

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
        I couldn’t get the PC link to work but as long as it has a good video card you’re fine. Specs are posted everywhere here for PC’s. I recommend a net behind the screen. It’s cheap and can only help. Everything else is fine.
        Thannks for your answer, I modified the link for the computer.

Comment

Other's will know better than me but I don't think the video card will cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by aja View Post
            Size of your space is pretty close to my sim's dimensions, so that should work.

As far as netting for the ceiling in front of the impact screen, I would have a minimum of 1 meter of netting from the screen. You can draw a picture of the launch angles to confirm the part of the ceiling that could be hit by high launch golf balls. Highest launch angle I have seen is 55 degrees.

As mthunt pointed out, use netting behind the impact screen as well. It will reduce wear on the impact screen.

Check ProTee's page for the minimum graphics card specs.

https://csc.protee-united.com/hc/en-...Club-Simulator

The graphics card is the most important part of a computer to run TGC
            Thank you, you mean the depth of the structure should be at least one meter?

Comment

• aja
              aja commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't say that the sides of the screen need 1 meter of protection (It depends on how often you hit poor shots), but definitely, you should have at least 1 meter of protection or netting above the screen on the ceiling since your "good" shots are going to hit that area.

I have protection on my walls 2 meters back from the screen and have not regretted installing it since I do hit some poor shots that go sideways. 1 meter away from the screen on the walls is a good minimum.

• Randwik
              Randwik commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you have a link for look a pictures of your installation?

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
            Other's will know better than me but I don't think the video card will cut it.
            I will wait for the answer of other people but on the site of TGC it recommends a GT970 4go or better, that in the pc is a 1050ti 4go.

Comment

I have the 1050ti. It runs TGC just fine. Some courses you will need to run it at medium vs high.

Comment

• Randwik
                Randwik commented
                Editing a comment
                So to be able to turn all the courses in high, it should better a graphics card with 6go dedicated?

• Trickle007
                Trickle007 commented
                Editing a comment
                depends on what courses on tgc i have trouble running full graphics (on some courses) object detail (5) and maxxed out trees and water which boggles my mind cause i have a RTX2080 the second best graphics card on market.. if your budget can afford it get a 1070 or better imo.

You can use this site to compare videocards performances: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...-Ti/2577vs3649

It might not be 100% accurate but this will give you a good idea. As you can see a GTX 970 is about 60% faster than a 1050ti... i would suggest a 1060, it should give you about the same performance as the recommended 970

The amount of video memory (4 vs 6 Gb) doesn't make that much of a difference

There is only 6% difference in the exemple of the same video card w/ 3 vs 6gb: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...6GB/3646vs3639
              Last edited by kraxxer; 01-06-2019, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Randwik
                Randwik commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks i look for 1060

I have another question, what's the ideal impact screen size for optoma GT760, because I thought to take a 12 * 9 screen, but I'm afraid I do not have enough height to play the club freely.

Comment

Be careful on the video card number. Just because it is a higher nu,her does not mean it is better, just a new version. 900 series vs 1000 series. 1000 series is newer, but 970 still faster than 1050.

Comment

I use a 770 graphics card. Seems to work great for me.

Comment

I have the 1050 in my laptop and it runs most corses fine in Medium. Definitely to to a 1060 if you want to run in high.

Comment

• Randwik
                      Randwik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks a lot

hello to all here is an overview of the progress of the work for my future room. I think I have finished within 15 days. the piece measures 4m / 5m.

Last edited by Randwik; 02-15-2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

pas mal cool!ça s'en vient... Une fois que l'écran sera installé... là l'fun commençe!! OK, in english now so I don't alienate all the forum members lol.... Great work! Now when you get the impact screen installed, the real fun begins...

Comment

Working...
                      X