Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @beau lester (NET) and @Marc Andre (GROSS) winning the TGC 2019 SUMMER TOUR - The Northern Trust !

Join this weeks TGC 2019 SUMMER TOUR - BMW Championship with 2 rounds at TPC @ Boston (Pro Tee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...w-championship
See more
See less

Outdoor Shed Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Shed Build

Hi all,

We recently completed converting our outdoor shed into a golf simulator man cave (other than adding permanent seating). Thanks to my friends, family, and the great folks at Par2Pro for making this happen. Below is a little information about my set-up.
    • Building Dimensions: 20 X 16 with 11 ft ceilings in the center (moves down to 8'8" on the sides)
    • System: Skytrak
    • Computer: OVERPOWERED Gaming Laptop 15" Screen, 144HZ, Intel i7 and GTX 1060
    • Hitting Mat: CCE Mat from Costco
    • Screen and Trim: Par2Pro SQ Impact Screen (168" wide by 98" high) with Trim Mounting Kit
    • Frame: Constructed by 2X4s and Angle Iron. Drawn by Par2Pro
    • Projector: Panasonic pt-vz580u from Par2Pro
    • Flooring: Turf: U.S. Sports Turf "Fitness 36" with 5MM Backing / Wood: Vinyl Planks from local store
    • Sound: VIZIO 36" 2.1 Channel Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer
    Happy to answer any questions that anyone may have - I had a ton of questions answered by all of you throughout this project. (Note: Not sure how to rotate my pictures - any tips would be appreciated)

Click image for larger version

Name:	8.JPG
Views:	570
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	208166

Killer setup im in Texas also where did you get the Shed from?

Comment

• WPStangs
      WPStangs commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.

The previous homeowners had the shed built a few months before we bought the house. I am not sure if it was a kit they purchased from somewhere or not. I will reach out to them.

• htdumps
      htdumps commented
      Editing a comment
      you should head over to the discord and play online with use. https://discordapp.com/invite/PakHbUA

• WPStangs
      WPStangs commented
      Editing a comment
      I will have to check it out!

Absolutely awesome

Comment

• WPStangs
      WPStangs commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate it.

That is a really nice setup. I have a garage converted into my sim, unfortunately its quite small and the bigger friends i play with can't play in my sim. I will be moving soon and will invest in something like you have done. One question though, will it be ok for warmth in the winter? I see you have an AC unit on the wall, but if your not using it, you dont want to waste energy keeping it at a certain temp so you wont get damp like i have in a garage. Im in UK BTW and we generally dont have the garages you guys have over the pond.

Comment

• WPStangs
      WPStangs commented
      Editing a comment
      The unit has A/C and Heat. I keep it on constantly to regulate the temperature. I think it is worth investing in a heating aspect because you don't the temps to drop too low with all of the equipment in there. If the building is insulated properly, the unit does not have to work hard and it is pretty cost effective.

Awesome! This would be the only way for me to have a dedicated sim room for me with my current house. Enjoy!

Comment

Very impressive....now that's a sweet setup!!!!

How is that split AC unit doing? Is it very quiet?

Comment

• WPStangs
        WPStangs commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! The unit is very quiet and cools quickly. I leave it on 78 degrees in the summer, as it frequently hits 100 degrees here in Texas. Definitely worth it!

This is an awesome setup....well done! Do you have anything behind your screen to dampen at impact? Much sound or rebound? Very clean look!

Comment

• WPStangs
        WPStangs commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I do not have anything behind it, and I don't think it is necessary. I was concerned about that from the beginning, but it sits 12 inches from the wall and I have never had a ricochet or anything. Bounceback is perfect--Wedges and irons roll back slowly to me at 9 feet. Driver can sometimes roll past the mat.

As far as sound, it is relatively quiet. Driver can be loud, but that will happen anywhere. I have some added noise because the ceiling is lined with corrugated steel.

Awesome looking and great job!

Also, curious about that split AC unit. Is it very quiet? Is it enough?

How long before you upgrade to a GC2?

Comment

• WPStangs
        WPStangs commented
        Editing a comment
        The minisplit works great and is more than enough for my shed. I am in East Texas, and I can keep the shed at 68 degrees on a hot summer day if I wanted to. I keep it at 78 degrees while I am away so that it doesn't get hot. I have not noticed much of an increase to my electricity bill. The sound is minimal. I forget it is on most of the time.

GC2 is definitely next, but the wife has a few projects of her own that need to be completed before I can upgrade the shed!

You definitely did it right!

Comment

Wow, that looks incredible. Would love to simulate one of my signature hooks into the next fairway out there.

Comment

Fantastic build; perfect use for a shed.

Comment

This is kind of my dream set up. Would love to do something like this for projector purposes. I'm also curious what the previous owner used. If it was a prefab shed, or something that was built by hand.

Comment

• WPStangs
              WPStangs commented
              Editing a comment
              I spoke with the owner and it was a custom job--not a prefab shed. Sorry!
          Working...
          X