Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gsa cx4

Hi,

I'm new here. Recently purchased a GSA CX4 system and I am in the process of setting it up. I was surprised that there were no recent posts about GSA Golf simulators. Does anyone have recent experience with these simulators?

I have a PX5. It has worked well for me but it lacks ball spin measurement. Are you floor mounting or ceiling mounting your ball spin camera?

Comment

• Still Crazy
      Still Crazy commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have a ball spin camera. I have two ceiling mounted club tracking cameras above the tee box. I am having some problems getting the 4 cameras to work. Not sure if it's a system problem or hardware. Right now i'm thinking it may be hardware as I don't see others having the same issues.

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, I can't help you there. I have not tried the club cameras. The PX5 has floor sensors are similar to ProTee's system. It does a fantastic job calculating spin axis for shot shaping. Set up a remote session with GSA, they should be able to help.

I have a PX5 as well. Took some time to get it all dialed in properly, but now that I do....it runs flawlessly. I agree with Keither about the ball spin, but to keep on top of my swing during the winter, it works perfect. I probably average 8 or 9 rounds a week on it

Comment

Any update on how your cx4 system is working? Please let me know the pro's and con's. I'm interested in the cx4 or 6 system.

Thanks

Comment

People might be daunted by GSA, no one wants that investment and not have it work like you indicate above. I'm still interested in those cameras and their stereoscopic releases this fall. Can you update us on what's happening with your system?

Comment

Still Crazy...…… Did you get your club cameras to work? Please give us an update. I recently switched my system over to converging stereoscopic. To be honest, I didn't expect it to work as well as the X,Y system. After two days of finding bugs and getting Martin to fix them. The system works better than expected. I am interested in hearing about the club cameras.

Comment

• Solstice72
            Solstice72 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok so what are you rockin' now there. That new one piece in line camera setup i saw on GSA website, with a px 5 pad? You have killer putting now? How far are you going to take this, spin cameras, all cameras?

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            I actually went with the converging stereo setup. The cameras are 8 feet apart and 6 feet ahead of the tee. A CX2 or PX5 user can use their existing cameras for this set up. I was not too keen on trying that one piece setup as putting has to be done from the FB matt..... which is not the greatest for putting. I have my putting area 2 feet ahead of my tee on smooth carpet. How far am I going to take it?...…. maybe add a spin camera. I would buy the floor model that sits across from the golfer like a GC2. I think that spin reading would more accurate than from the ceiling. The odd time that I have a right handed player.... we just wouldn't use the spin camera. I was checking accuracy the last two days by measuring the ball impact marks on the screen after each shot. By using a right angle triangle calculator, you can check your LA and HA with probably 1/2 degree accuracy. The further you are away from your screen, the more accurate this testing method is. I am 12 feet from my screen. Accuracy and speed seems really good. I am going to ask a buddy with a GC2 come over and test the speed measurement. In the past I found that the GC2 and the PX5 differed by as much as 2 or 3 mph on a 105 mph shot. I guess that isn't too bad. The stereo set up is supposed to be more accurate with speed, LA and HA. I just got this stereo setup up and running yesterday. My shoulder is not allowing me to take too many shots. So the next few days I will be mostly hitting short irons with 3/4 swings.

Stereo putting is awesome just like the Hcam putting with the PX5. You have a GC2.... you should build a slider. I enjoyed putting on my GC2 with my slider. Putting from my hitting mat sucked, plain and simple. FB mats are not good to putt from.

All interesting stuff, thanks for sharing. Cameras from GSA always intrigued me. The putting is better on GC2 than I anticipated, I had dire expectations I guess so became pleasantly surprised. Umm, what's a slider??

Comment

I can't take credit for the design.....someone on the forum came up with this. It allows you to slide the GC2 ahead so you don't have to putt on the hitting strip. My strip is FB and it is terrible to putt on. The slider works great.

Comment

• Solstice72
              Solstice72 commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool , let see if it comes to that to get one of those things. No one told me that the mat degradation was a major factor in putting. Did you play with a standard forgiveness amount for putting on the gc2? How did you putt, leaving the alignment reticule centered and hitting it left or right or changing the AimPoint and just trying to make a straight center mat putt. which one is better or you preferred? I didn't even think to do it two ways until yesterday.

I think that I had forgiveness set at 2 and tried to putt straight. I would aim in the game.

Comment

The purpose of having any forgiveness at all is because of mat wobble? Or?
              So if I take the method of just keeping the aim centered and hitting my putts left or right I don't use any forgiveness is that correct or you still want forgiveness? You picked your method out of PREFERENCE not because functionally it created less error right? Sorry for the pesky questions, I think the last of them.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

I picked my preference based on that I felt it was more accurate. You will need forgiveness due to the +/-1 degree. On a 20 foot putt, 1 degree will mean that you are over 4 inches off center. I think that you would want to have some forgiveness. You would hate to miss a putt that you actually sunk. Mthunt is probably the guy to ask about anything regarding the GC2.

Comment

• Solstice72
                  Solstice72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Final question I need to ask because I think I prefer the other way. If keeping the aiming reticle centered I will putt it left /right manually ; should I still be using forgiveness?? I ask that at the risk I feel like it could be a very dumb question, but there it is.

• keither5150
                  keither5150 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, use forgiveness for sure
              Working...
              X