My GSA CX2 experience with the golf club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GSA CX2 experience with the golf club

I have had the CX2 system for quite a while. Overall Martin at GSA is excellent to deal with. He answers emails within a reasonable amount of time and is very helpful. GSA's website is a little overwhelming at first. There are so many different configurations to choose from.
    If you have a good computer, GSA's systems run very fast with very little delay before the ball flies. I have a buddy who is a scratch golfer and plays a big draw on his irons. My 2 camera CX2 system picks up my buddies draws very well considering that it is calculating ball spin. The next upgrade will be the CTS Color club tracking system. For $1999 it is a little steep directly after purchasing TGC. I didn't add a club tracking camera to my system because I didn't like the idea of putting tracking dots on all of my clubs. GSA's new CTS doesn't need tracking dots.

My computer is i7 2600k at 3.4Ghz, 16 gigs ram, GTX 680 vid card. USB 3.0 is a must for high speed cameras. My system was not stable until I added the USB 3.0 cards. I know the cameras are USB 2.0.... it just runs more stable plugged into 3.0. In hindsight a preconfigured computer may have save me some frustration. GSA now offers remote access support. I used it once and it only took about 15 minutes. Martin was extremely helpful in solving my issue. The issue was more about my lighting and enclosure material than the system. Martin's suggestions were bang on.

I think that GSA offers good value for the money. The GSA software works well, it just looks dated compared to TGC.

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
    Really well, except that I had to add one halogen back. Without the halogen, the LS camera had too narrow of a FOV and it didn't trigger on every shot. Over all my CX 2 system works quite well. Anyone with CX3 or vistrack working?
    Good question keither.

Comment

I have a cx5 (which is a CX3c plus bcam ball spin cam) and the answer is a resounding NO! See my prior post in another thread. I have photo proof of the problems with explanations.

Originally posted by Wigalo View Post
      So as promised, ive downloaded the latest CP update. The verdict...April fools.The face detection is still too inconsistent to actually enjoy a simulated round of golf.

I've attached screen shots with my comments in yellow. I really thought that Martin would pull this together, but after 5 plus years of frustration, i am tapping out. i honestly believe that if he could execute his ideas that he would have the best sim on the market without regard to price. since he cant, i think i will move on to a GC2.

Last edited by Wigalo; 08-28-2016, 01:26 AM. Reason: Added photos

Comment

Comment

Does the ball spin camera work if you turn off the CTS?

Comment

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
            Does the ball spin camera work if you turn off the CTS?
            sometimes. Not near often enough to write a check for it.

Comment

I have a two camera CX2 system that works pretty well. I have it duplicating my real life game as much as a two camera system without club or ball data can be. Because there is no separate spin adjustment for woods, mid irons and short irons, it has some flaws. For instance.... in order for my mid irons to stick the green similar to real life I have to have the spin adjust at maximum. At this setting my short irons are still shy of their actual backspin. This messes up my woods and driver shots as the spin is double or triple what I see with a GC2. Ball flight on my irons is pretty close to real life. Ball flight on my driver looks nothing like real life. IRL I hit a fairly low drive with a ton of roll. Backspin is 2000-3000..... not the 7000 that shows in the control panel. So if I adjust my spin to make my driver accurate..... now I have too little spin on my irons and the ball has no chance of sticking the green. So I have my system adjusted to make my irons ball flight close to real life. I have my driver set to match my real life distance. As for fade and draw..... here's where it gets worse........IRL I draw my 5 - 9 iron quite nicely... My driver is really quite straight. IRL I can hit a massive fade with my driver by moving the ball forward 3 inches in my stance. I struggle to hit a draw with my driver. Because the spin adjust is general and not per club..... I have to choose..... do I want my irons to reflect real life shots or my driver. So currently my driver reflects real life when it comes to fades and draws. Golftown has my 7 iron at 5500-7500 rpm with 125-130 mph ball speed...... driver at 2000-2700 rpm with 165-175mph ball speed. The CX2 system has no settings to duplicate both of these shots. I hit down on the ball with my irons but my backspin is still quite high. Wigalo...... if the ball spin camera works with the CX2..... that should give me accurate flight..... I don't care if I have club data or not..... I would like my ball flight to represent real life. How does the ball spin camera work with the CX2?

At this point I might be asking Martin for a sensor mat for club data.... the old PX system to add on to my CX2..... fibrebuilt mats are extremely durable so it would last a long time.

Comment

The ball spin cam was so hit or miss, that I honestly didn't give it a real chance. ( I spent countless hours working on getting the club cam dialed in) With some tweaking it may give you what ur looking for.

I've set my system up as a cx2 in the past, but it was not satisfying to me at all with no club or ball spin data. I didn't like that no matter what type of swing I put on it, that the ball flight stays the same.

Im not sure what Martin is selling the bcam for, but would be willing to sell it and all or part of my system for a discount.

Comment

Two questions. 1. how do i get the latest version. My software says the latest is 3.0 and I am on 2.8 2. Why are there a lot of course that I can't even play. When I select the course, it gives me that stats, but the bar on the far right that says "advance" is missing. So I am not able to go any further and even play the course. I am struggling to even find courses that I can play. What am I missing? I am sure it is something simple but I cant figure it out. I attached a screen shot that shows a course without the "advance" bar on the right. I am stumped

Comment

• mthunt
                    mthunt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It means 2.8 is not capable of playing those courses.

Sounds like a question for ProTee. The latest version is sent out via a email with a download link. Version 2.8.2 should still have 90000 courses or so. Protee needs to answer that one...... wait a second..... did you buy the $250 version that only comes with a handful of courses? If so, the courses are listed on GSA's site. I think that there is about 15 or so. You will also not be able to play in any tournaments. What GSA hardware are you running? And how is it working? I have CX2 and am thinking about adding a PX2 mat.

Comment

• keither5150
                    keither5150 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh my..... you do need a new video card. GTX 1060 or 1070 is what I would recommend. What is the rest of your computer like.... RAM, CPU? I am also looking pretty hard at the PX2 mat. If there is only one player using the CX2. You can dial it in pretty good for how you hit. If you have multiple players... some slice, some push or pull, some draw, and maybe the odd guy like me who hits pretty straight. It is impossible to duplicate everyone's swing. IRL, I hit pretty straight. When I get tired, I sometimes pull the ball. When I swing too hard I get a nice little draw. Very difficult to set up the CX 2 to show draws and pulls at the same time. Your pull will show as a fade.

• sturonek
                    sturonek commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep, I figured I did. I am running a lenovo tower with a core i5 and 32gb ram. I agree with dailing it in. I have it setup pretty darn close to my ball flight, but when I have by buddies over, it doesn't quite match up to theirs. I think the px2 will help a lot with that. But after buying the cx2 and TGC this year, my bank account is telling me to wait a season to add on lol. I am just going to get a new video card and call it good for this season. I am stuggling a bit with chipping. If I am just off the fringe and only need to play it 8 yards, the shot registers as a negative launch and either hits it as a putt the goes 3 inches or does launch at all. What did you do in order to get those little chips to register?

• keither5150
                    keither5150 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Short chips are a challenge for any system. With the CX2 system, it will calculate more backspin with a slower speed and higher LA. Grab your highest lofted club.. for me it a 60. Slow swing and get the ball up. Try to chip it 3 feet high but only 7 feet in distance. The ball will have higher backspin and will stop better. The CX 2 has trouble with a slow bump and run. I know some guys are playing short chips in front of their normal launch position. IRL I have no problem with a 4 yard chip. My CX2 starts measuring the ball 3 or 4 feet from the launch position. So really short chips in TGC, I hit differently than real life. Slow bump and runs are not feasible with the CX2.... so try a slow flop type shot.

sturonek upgrade to version 3.0.0 the issue should resolve itself.

Comment

Working...
                  X