Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Brandon Jeffrey (NET) and @ecarl97 winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - Safeway Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - CIMB Classic with 2 rounds at Kapalua Bay Golf Club : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-cimb-classic
See more
See less

Different Club Grips Effect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Club Grips Effect

Looking for some general feedback on the effect of different grip congforurations (cord vs tact, underwraps vs grip size) and the related effect on monitor numbers. It is very easy for me to change grips so what can I gain with grip changes. Just starting in the technical side of this wonderful game. I have a SkyTrac that seems to perform quite well, just looking for what to expect - Thank you in advance

for what its worth... i have the taylormade psi irons, was using stock grips with x2 underwraps ... they felt OK. switched to golf pride CP2 wrap (blue/black) in midsize and couldn't be happier. just feel much more in control. in saying that... i still shank shots!
    Last edited by frankiepap39; 04-14-2018, 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I just put the same grips on and really like them too

Comment

Ping Karstens with CP2 Red Jumbo and love them, everyone I golf with told them to try and they now have them but in mid size

Comment

Originally posted by ejb View Post
          Looking for some general feedback on the effect of different grip congforurations (cord vs tact, underwraps vs grip size) and the related effect on monitor numbers. It is very easy for me to change grips so what can I gain with grip changes. Just starting in the technical side of this wonderful game. I have a SkyTrac that seems to perform quite well, just looking for what to expect - Thank you in advance
          There is no generalizations that will be useful or reliable. It really will come down to how the change in feel and level of comfort will effect your swing (if at all). Typically it comes down to what happens with the grip pressure during the swing, but there are other factors as well.

Comment

Switched to pure grips this year. I love them will never go back to the overpriced ones.

Comment

I love the somewhat more expensive GolfPride grips. I let the pro shop pro set my grip thickness...he sees what's right when I hold it. However, picked up some new irons, slightly used with good corded standard size grips: (1) the standard size (I had been mid-sized with an extra wrap) let me hold the club more loosely and I'm getting a better release through the wrists and hands, but, (2) with the cold dry winter, the corded grips were ripping pieces of my finger tips and splitting my thumb on my un-gloved hand. So...my clubs are getting standard size GolfPride grips right now.

Comment

Working...
              X