Glad you got it going chevynut. I'm pretty sure running as admin before you start the program using it (emulator, optishot, etc) is required.
Optishot Remote for < $20
Collapse
X
-
Finally got around to doing this. Got the arcade kit for Xmas and used what I had lying around to build the box for it. Used Joytokey to map the buttons. The software was extremely easy to work with. I was surprised. It's my understanding that after 30 days I will need to purchase a license for Joytokey. Not a big deal though. It's only $7. I still need to label the buttons but it works great. I am using it for TGC. Here's the kit I used:
1 Photo
Comment
-
Are you able to completely get away from the keyboard for TGC now?
-
As of now no. If I want to use the mini-map I still need to use the mouse. There are some other keystrokes that aren't programmed that I don't use often. Off the top of my head I programmed the following:
joystick = L/R/U/D arrows to aim and work menu's
x = club down
y = club up
enter = enter
esc = menu
q = scout
E = Hole overview
J = hole flyover
I = shot analysis
I would have to add more buttons to add functions. I could also make the joystick act like the mouse but I'm pretty satisfied how it's setup now. I haven't tried anything on the green with it yet and the reason I need the club up/down is because I am using Rmotion and you need to select club.
-
-
-
Appreciate all the info in this thread, trying to build one of these on my own for Skytrak and TGC. I assume the set up would be the same, just different coding? I'm trying to piece together different threads on this forum to build one, but haven't been able to figure out everything 100% yet. Though this thread is killer and the most informative.
Comment
-
I just finished building one of these for TGC2019 and it was super easy and cost effective.
1. Purchased an ABS plastic box from Amazon ($19.99 CAD) - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B083BVX19J
2. Purchased an arcade button kit from Amazon ($32.99 CAD) - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01MR6JKMS
3. Had a decal made to cover the top of the box with button labels ($12 CAD)
4. Used JoytoKey software to program all buttons, which is super simple https://joytokey.net/en/
Comment
-
Do you have a pic of the finished box? Where did you get the decal made? Anything you would have done differently?Originally posted by JayJo13 View PostI just finished building one of these for TGC2019 and it was super easy and cost effective.
1. Purchased an ABS plastic box from Amazon ($19.99 CAD) - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B083BVX19J
2. Purchased an arcade button kit from Amazon ($32.99 CAD) - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01MR6JKMS
3. Had a decal made to cover the top of the box with button labels ($12 CAD)
4. Used JoytoKey software to program all buttons, which is super simple https://joytokey.net/en/
Comment
-
Sorry, I don't have a picture and I'm not close to my sim right now but I will post a picture later. No, I wouldn't have done anything differently. The decal I designed in Photoshop and had a local sign company (Speedpro Signs) print the decal. On the decal I had designed an "X" where I had to drill all the pilot holes. I used a 1-1/8" hole saw to drill the holes for the arcade buttons. Overall it was all pretty simple
-
-
Is anyone selling the unit ready to go I would be willing to pay for the work walking over to the computer to change clubs and everything is getting old? Thanks in advance
Comment
Comment