Golf Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Room

Recently joined the forum and figured I would contribute a little.

Started playing golf two summers ago. I play with a group of friends whose handicaps range from a +1 to a 28. After two years of play my personal handicap has gone from a 24 to a 15. I will say, without a doubt, that purchasing a simulator has helped me immensely in my progression.

I purchased an Optishot 2 just after Christmas of 2015. Myself along with a couple of my buddies played around with it for a month or so and found it to be really fun. We took the time to calibrate our clubs and dial everything in to get our results as close to possible as to what we swing out on a real course. I can honestly say we are pretty stoked about our end results to date. It is not always 100%, but for the most part the system depicts what we do on a real course.

After a month or so of playing, we created an sim league that grew to an 8 man event every Saturday evening during the winter months. This prompted us to do something about my basement as it was unfinished at the time and resulted in us using numerous propane heaters just to stay comfortable enough to make a swing. So about a year ago we began the remodel process and this past November our Sim League kicked off it's first event in the new room.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Take Care, Jay

Nice setup, great job !

Comment

Looks great! I am a huge fan of golf and even hugerest fan of Miller Lite!

Comment

Very cool room!

Comment

Great set up! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Night and day - good job. Like the Welcome Golfers banner.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. There are a couple tweaks I would like to make in the future, but overall I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out.

afmilboy02 - Miller lite is our beverage of choice!! We asked for a sponsorship from them, however they have yet to return our calls, lol.

Comment

• doublebogey
                doublebogey commented
                Editing a comment
                Is that chocolate milk on the bottom left?

• Lgnir
                Lgnir commented
                Editing a comment
                Lots of beer, a gallon of "Arnold Palmer's" I get that. But is that a bag of spaghetti??

• Jay
                Jay commented
                Editing a comment
                Not spaghetti, lol. Mozz cheese. Every event we make some kind of meal. That night it was meatball subs.

Nope, ice tea. One guy prefers vodka and ice tea over miller.

Comment

Nice Room Jay ! I am new to the forum as well. Hopefully soon i will post pics of mine as soon as it is done

Comment

Awesome setup. One question: where'd you put all the stuff you had on your shelves in the BEFORE photo? Thinking about doing Something similar with my garage.

Comment

• Jay
                    Jay commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There is a storage room on the other side of the wall.

Out of curiosity what is the dimensions of the room?

Comment

• Jay
                    Jay commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is roughly 32' x 15'
                Working...
                X