Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Optishot Ball Flight Series with Photo coming soon???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Optishot Ball Flight Series with Photo coming soon???

There is a link up now on Optishot website and a background pic of a launch monitor or something of the like????? And it says its Coming Soon. Any clue?

Golf Simulators from Optishot give you a great virtual golfing experience at home. Come see our mats, monitors, and simulators.

Interesting....

Comment

No idea on this. But interested to know more.

Comment

Dang, needs a bigger picture, but they may tip off too much. There certainly were a lot of sim options this year at the show but I don't recall this one being talked about but maybe opti doesn't go anyway.

Comment

Its called BallFlight and is coming out in February. I've been waiting until after the PGA show to see what new products are coming out before I bought my SkyTrak. This was completely off the radar as far as I can tell. I doubt that it will be able to compete with SkyTraK or GC2 but interested to see the product and what it has to offer.

Comment

They took the photo down. Should be interesting!!!

Comment

Its updated with a new photo!

Comment

I filled out the inquiry on the page and received a call back from Optishot. They did not want to mention all details, but did say that it was a stand alone unit, it will measure club head as well as ball, and should be about that $6K'ish range. Should be released in February. The company guy is saying that it should a lot better than a Skytrak unit. I will be very interested to see how all this turns out. Optishot seems to be well established already with there current unit and already has the sim software... it will be interesting to see how the company does in this mid-range area.

Good to see some others venture into the mid-range market place.

Comment

• Lgnir
                  Lgnir commented
                  Editing a comment
                  $6000 is mid range? Outside of a SkyTrak, what other simulators are cheaper than $6000? Heck, the GC2 is $6000.

I just spoke with them as well. Very interesting. I asked if their software will only use ball measurements for their ballflight and they said no. I even asked again. Hopefully this is not correct as it sounds like it could be doing the same thing as the ES16, using some combination of ball and club to generate the flight. They will stick with their own software, so will be interested to see if they have improved it and how many courses, ranges, combines etc will be included.

Comment

I think 6k will be a tough pill to swallow though being tied to the "optishot" mentality.

Comment

yes, the 6K price is definitely a huge jump from an OS. system. I filled out the inquiry as well. I guess they will call? Don't have enough background info to ask questions...oh wait, Trevor just called...that was quick!

Comment

I agree wbond, it did sound a lot like the ES-16. Saying that, if Optishot can do it better and include sim software, it would be huge improvement over the existing ES-16.

Does any of you have much experience with the Optishot software? I have never used it, but it appears to be ok? I thought the major downside with there current system was the hardware and the resolution/accuracy it can provide? If the sim software is ok, and the BallFlight is accurate, we might have a winner??

Comment

• wbond
                        wbond commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Software was very easy to navigate and use, but it was dated looking. The downfall was the hardware and inconsistency. There were wildly different setups for people to get it work in their environment. I think It's going to take a lot of convincing reviews to get people on board with this. I think most would take a GC2 over a 6k optishot product until it gets well proven that it's a viable unit.

The software would need to be updated as far as graphics. The courses they have are very good replicates to the real world courses. The Pro tour is $99 a year and well run also a lot of fun really. The optishot is fun for the price but thats it. You soon out grow the system when you see what these other systems offer and can do.

Comment

If someone could hit a mark in the 3-4k range with one of these types of units that measure the ball, provide clubhead data and open to 3rd party software, they would kill it. I'm not talking getting every clubhead stat possible, but some of the basics, speed, face angle, face to path, etc. ST has positioned themselves quite well so far with price point and software options, but they lack a real clubhead integration (so far). GC2 has a better unit hands down, but the price difference and then the clubhead info is quite costly on top of that. ES16 is just not what was advertised and their balllflight calculations are suspect at best. Anyway, should be an interesting year as there were a lot more players possibly coming to market.

Comment

• sherrow70
                          sherrow70 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Everything you said plus no shot delay.

• G4zzel
                          G4zzel commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ST + R-motion. Already exist

• wbond
                          wbond commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes I know, I have both and it's a decent lower cost solution. However, I think most would prefer to not have a club attachment, myself included.

If they could get this to work correctly AND open it up to TGC,JNPG,E6 then they'd have a winner at that price point. I'm not giving up my GC2 with TGC and JNPG to go play optishot software unless they did a major overhaul of the graphics and gameplay

Comment

Working...
                        X