This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Questions / Answers

Hey Fellow Optishotters ! Use this thread for all of your General Questions you have about DancinDogg and your Optishot ⛳
    Last edited by Maxxx; 12-04-2014, 04:00 PM.
    [URL="http://Www.onlinegolftour.net"]Www.onlinegolftour.net[/URL]

• Originally posted by Racerman View Post
    Anyone else having problem with Optishot chosing the wrong club all the time?
    I almost allways have to manually pick one shorter club than what Opti think I should use. I have set my average distances correct.
    It might be that I use metric settings but the software pick club based on yards.
    Anyone using metric and can confirm having wrong clubs picked?

Just tested setting my average distances as it would be in yards instead of meters and now I get the right clubs. So if anyone has the same problem this is what you have to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by tb_tyler View Post
      I have a question about not being able to use my driver. I think this hurt me a bit in my first two rounds. In the past I would just swing my 3 wood when using the driver on OptiShot. I adjusted my settings so the distance matched what I know to be able to do in real life (270 avg.) But per the rules I changed the driver setting to Foam Ball, Stock Turf - 93% Speed, 88% Distance. In my first two round in the tour my drives averaged about 240. BUT I was able to hit the 3 wood off the deck about 260.

What can I do to set this up more accurately?

Sounds like you might need to try teeing the ball lower. I'm not aware of anyone having major issues with the stock turf as far as swing speed goes. It typically exaggerates swing speed some. The thicker turf has created some problems for some users. I use the thicker turf and had to cut down 2 tees that I use. Doing that gives me consistent swing speeds that are accurate. Hit 10 or so drives on the range and post your average swing speed and average distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vincent_Vega View Post

Sounds like you might need to try teeing the ball lower. I'm not aware of anyone having major issues with the stock turf as far as swing speed goes. It typically exaggerates swing speed some. The thicker turf has created some problems for some users. I use the thicker turf and had to cut down 2 tees that I use. Doing that gives me consistent swing speeds that are accurate. Hit 10 or so drives on the range and post your average swing speed and average distance.

I think the difference is the clubset settings for my 3 wood are both at 100%. The Driver setting is at 93% and 88% and I am just not able to get my swing speed up enough to make up the difference since I cannot use my real driver. **I'm scared if I swing my real driver I'm going to hit the garage door opener above me.** I tried hitting balls with no tee with the same result.

Comment

• As Vinny says its probably due to how high you tee the ball up.. Try teeing it lower when using your 3 wood with Driver selected on optishot. Alternatively select driver on optishot software and hit your 3 wood off the matt. Then tee it up and hit it again.

If you notice a drop in swing speed then its to do with tee height.

Ultimately I would be amazed if you can hit your 3 wood 260 in real life and so really that needs to be adjusted down to your real life distances. which with a 270 drive I would think would be around 245 ish at the most.. I dont use one so dont really know

Try this spreadsheet out, should be able to input your driver speeds and give you what 3 wood distance you should get etc.

If your hitting 270 in real life should be seeing swing speeds of around 105 with driver selected on Optishot (doesn't matter if your actually swinging a 3 woods, Optishot cant tell)

That means 3 wood should go around 249 yards total with a swing speed around 100MPH when selecting 3 wood on Optishot.

The simplest solution is just to use a shorter tee when hitting "Driver" on Optishot, or even play it off the mat. I would also say you need to lower your 3 wood clubset setting to reflect real life distance, whihc would be a maximum yardage of around 249 yards

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMeyer View Post
            As Vinny says its probably due to how high you tee the ball up.. Try teeing it lower when using your 3 wood with Driver selected on optishot. Alternatively select driver on optishot software and hit your 3 wood off the matt. Then tee it up and hit it again.

If you notice a drop in swing speed then its to do with tee height.

Ultimately I would be amazed if you can hit your 3 wood 260 in real life and so really that needs to be adjusted down to your real life distances. which with a 270 drive I would think would be around 245 ish at the most.. I dont use one so dont really know

Try this spreadsheet out, should be able to input your driver speeds and give you what 3 wood distance you should get etc.

If your hitting 270 in real life should be seeing swing speeds of around 105 with driver selected on Optishot (doesn't matter if your actually swinging a 3 woods, Optishot cant tell)

That means 3 wood should go around 249 yards total with a swing speed around 100MPH when selecting 3 wood on Optishot.

The simplest solution is just to use a shorter tee when hitting "Driver" on Optishot, or even play it off the mat. I would also say you need to lower your 3 wood clubset setting to reflect real life distance, whihc would be a maximum yardage of around 249 yards
            Good points. I will do more testing. I sort of jumped the gun last night. I had my clubset pretty close to real life. I forgot to save my original and I altered it to get to the tour guidelines.

Comment

• Basically Driver must be set to tour guidelines exactly, 3 wood set to anything as long as max 100, 100, but should reflect real life. Iros set to anything to reflect real life.

Use that spreadsheet to give you rough idea of what yardages you should get based on your swing speed of driver.

Once youve got swing speed when selecting driver reading right youll be good to go. Also Loft of Driver makes a difference too, so if youve got it set to less than 10.5 you will see differences as stock figures all based of 10.5 loft.

If you could just post what swing speed it shows when you swing with driver selected and also what loft you have setup on the clubset settings too when ya get round to testing it

Comment

• So after testing here is what I got.

3 Wood at 100% Swing Speed, 95% Distance gave me avg swing speed of 100-105 going an avg of 250 yards.
                Driver at 93% Swing Speed, 88% Distance gave me avg swing speeds of 90-95 going an avg of 230 yards.

Shaft on Driver at 46 and loft at 9.5.

Comment

• Originally posted by tb_tyler View Post
                  So after testing here is what I got.

3 Wood at 100% Swing Speed, 95% Distance gave me avg swing speed of 100-105 going an avg of 250 yards.
                  Driver at 93% Swing Speed, 88% Distance gave me avg swing speeds of 90-95 going an avg of 230 yards.

Shaft on Driver at 46 and loft at 9.5.
                  TB and I got this one figured out, all is good....

Comment

• Hi all,

I recently completed (almost) my Optishot2 setup and have a question. When selecting a club off the tee, is there a way to see how far that club should travel on the hole map? There is a white line that shows the direction you are aiming. But when you club up or down, that line does not get any longer or shorter. Sometimes I find that hitting driver may not be the play and clubbing down to a 3-wood or hybrid might be better to leave myself short of trouble. But I have no way of knowing how far out the trouble is. Like how far is it to carry (or reach) a particular fairway bunker? Or how far to reach the hazard? Etc. It seems like just a total guessing game, unless I'm missing something. I guess what I'm looking for is essentially like a yardage book for the hole so I know how far certain spots are. Thanks for the help!

Comment

• wbond
                      wbond commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's been quite a while since I used opti, but don't they have a minimap that you can turn on? maybe check in the settings.

• gkkling
                      gkkling commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Use the minimap and your mouse cursor. When you over over various spots on the map, it will show you distance from ball and distance to pin.

• 3on3putt
                      3on3putt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks so much for the tip! I'll check this out tonight when I play.

• Hi all can someone help I have a optishot is there any interact games for children that can be added ur uploaded into the system thanks all

Comment

• golfallyear
                      golfallyear commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No...Optishot is not like Wii golf or those video games. It is a golf simulator only. Hope that helps.

• KingB84
                    X
                    Hi just got a optishot but when i put in the product key it not work would this be becase the person i purchased it from still has the product key still installed on there computer

Comment

• Hubbahub32
                      Hubbahub32 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It doesn’t matter if it is still installed on their computer. However, you will need the product key as well as their login information if they sold you a “season pass” or extra courses outside of the standard.

• I know this is a super old post BUT I just got the Optishot 2 and for some reason, even though I have tried everything, my mac tries to go into screensaver/sleep mode after about an hour.

When this happens I always lose complete control of the cursor in Optishot.

Any way to get the cursor control back in Optishot?

Comment

• EVH5150
                      EVH5150 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Update from Optishot support:

"As you have found, this can happen if you access another app, or the screen saver turns on, or the system goes to sleep, etc. If you need to access another app then the OptiShot2 software should be shut down. If the screen saver is the issue, set it to never turn on or at least not for a long while.

Alternately you could try running in Windowed mode. Go to Settings & Options > Graphics & Video and then uncheck run in full screen. Then you should be able to click the running icon the dock to place mouse focus back onto the OptiShot2 software."
                  Working...
                  X