Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @frackh (NET) and @allen2be (GROSS) winning the TGC 2017/2018 SPRING TOUR - RBC Heritage !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 Spring Tour - Valero Texas Open with 2 rounds at Wailua Valley G.C. (ProTee Green Tees) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ero-texas-open
See more
See less

Is there a step by step guide to how to get started "on tour"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a step by step guide to how to get started "on tour"?

It seems there needs to be a bit more forward facing information to new users for getting on tour. This forum has a TAB for tournaments, and it launches you to what seems like the Tournament site. There is a button over there that says "get started" it takes us right back to the FORUMS. *shrug*.

I've been able to figure a bit out by digging around but it really needs to be more clear. Not sure who runs what on the sites. Here would be my suggestion...

Big TAB on forums that says Tournaments - CHECK!
    Tournaments page that says - Get Started - Join Tour - CHECK!
    ---However this button needs to take us to a page that has all the step by step get started information in once place.
    ie. Heres how to setup your shot tracking required for joining the tour. This page has been created but is lacking a detail. A user must play an official event for their tour profile to be created. Either Q School or a tournament (as I understand it) rather than just a random few holes.

This brings up Q School. Where is this information at? I'm sure it's a tournament setup in TGC, but where, what to search for etc. This information could be much more clear and put on the same page.

Explanation of HCP's and how they are used/created. These are based on your tournament play, not TGC. I played 5 rounds in TGC so I could get a HCP (although it's terrible, as I was learning) I thought I needed it. This could be explained again on a detail page such as this I speak of.

Timeframe of tournament entries and endings. How those are figured. Just saw a post for someone asking about why they couldn't enter an event as it was closed but should have been open in their time zone.

I'm sure there are some other things...but those are the main basics. This information may be elsewhere, and forgive me if it is in a place I've missed. Hopefully it's not spread throughout. If nothing else could someone make a STICKY SITE WIDE that says "How to get started on Tour - Step by Step" or something. Then link to all the places this information already exists.

May help participation...no clue. Thanks to everyone that keeps this site up and the tour. This isn't a rant by any means just constructive thoughts by a new user.

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...or/online-play

Comment

Working...
    X