Too much light in your garage???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much light in your garage???

So I have four windows (like a lot of you) in my garage door. I wanted to find a temporary, easy, and most of all good looking solution to my problem.

I thought about shades, I thought about spray paint, tape, etc.
    Finally I took one of the inside plates off (screws out) and realized I could easily fit a piece of acrylic in there. So given that I have a laser in my basement (who doesnt right?) I had 4 pieces of acrylic delivered today. Cut it with my laser, and inserted them tonight.
    Side benefit is my garage is about 20 degrees cooler.
    Talk about a major difference

A few pictures show the difference in light coming in...

Hey dunginhawk,

Looks like you need to insulate those doors. I did my car garage and my 2nd garage/simulator room. Makes a 15 to 20 degree difference.

Got my kit at lowes....here is a video I used.

Comment

• gene438
      gene438 commented
      Editing a comment
      Forgot to add that it also made a huge difference in reducing the noise level outside when hitting balls and playing movies.

So my doors are already insulated, about 1.5" of foam between the walls. This project was more about light . perhaps I was a bit high on the temperature savings haha. I didnt use a thermometer just felt nice .

Comment

You guys need to man up. No more insulating garage door talk. Just freeze or die of a heat stroke like the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
      X