shot analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shot analysis

anyone know what needs to be adjusted with the protee system when drivers and fairway woods are registering as heel hits when i know they are either centre or a little towards the toe?

Not sure about protee settings but have you put a spray (athlete foot spray works well) on the club face to confirm strike location and protee readiness are different?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion colinjm18, but no I have not tried impact tape of the like. I will try your suggestion tomorrow.

the other issue i have regretfully it that I find it isn't very representative of the actual game I play. when i play on a real golf course I typically hit the ball pretty straight or with a slight draw. this system generates me hitting a fade 95% of the time and it is very frustrating. the fade is coming with my whole set of clubs. I could see it perhaps with my longer irons and woods, but 7 iron down is straight in RL and simulated life it is 10-35 yards plus offline constantly pending club hit. really deters me from playing on the tour.

distance representation is off anywhere from 15-30 yards across my whole set of clubs. there are times when it is accurate, but generally not during a round only on the range.

any thoughts from ProTee Support on tweaks might help keep my blood pressure down......

Comment

• SMO
        SMO commented
        Editing a comment
        One thing to check regarding the fade is make sure you are set up as the proper handed player, I got a similar result - I golf right handed but my setting was left handed (this was in TGC). Also, I believe you can adjust the sweet spot in the settings file (Alt E when the interface is active).

You may want to check out the path and face adjustment. Open the interface and hit ALT + E.

Comment

The Protee is almost limitless when it comes to tweaking....but the key is to have an honest assessment of your swing and make sure its really, really not you but the system.....So, I would suggest using the impact tape as above...and when it comes to fade or draw, really, really, look at your line up, make sure you are hitting like you think you are.

Assuming you are, there are really two ways to correct fade/draws due to sensor issues, or installation issues, etc. You can correct the swing path or the club face. Both settings are found in the settings file by hitting "Alt E". Each actually has about 4 settings, 1 for driver, 1 for woods, 1 for irons, and 1 for wedges.

First step is to determine why the system is registering your straight shots as fades.....look at info after swinging. Are you showing a outside/in swing or are you showing an open club face? or both? That will tell you what you need to adjust - - swing path or club face.

The settings can be set from -10 to +10.........I forget which way does what, but just switch one to -10 and hit and you will figure it out.

Anyway, thats basically how you tweak for fade/draw.....

Comment

Gene:
          Good comments and I learned something as well.

Comment

Thanks Gene.... I will look into it further.

The funny thing is I have two systems in operation both of them are protee. Hitting a 7 iron, driver etc. on both systems and setting up the same way one system registers me hitting a draw while the other system picks it up as a slight fade.

They both have zmax's settings on them so I do not get why there is such a difference. I can attempt to hit a draw all day long on the one system, but it will give me a fade 90% of the time.
            Very frustrating....

Comment

Working...
            X