Pro tee and gc2 hybrid system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro tee and gc2 hybrid system?

I currently own the Pro Tee 2 base pack with The Golf Club lifetime set up in a permanent installation
    Love the club data it gives you on the range but beyond frustrated with the driver misreads and wedges when playing a round.
    With the refurbished gc2 available has anyone used both and just switch between them depending on where you are playing?
    Wondering if you could use the pro tee hitting mat (turned off/unplugged) when you use the gc2 for playing a round (could you still putt), and move the gc2 when you want to use the pro tee on the range for club data and how hard would it be to go back and forth between them?
    Thinking both systems would have their own cables and plug and unplug usb on computer?

When using the gc2 on The Golf Club do you still have to change clubs or does the gc2 make club selection not matter when I have friends over seems like I get a full time job running the computer.

Club selection makes no difference when using GC2 other than putter when off of the green. You need to make sure to switch it then. I think protee would need to answer whether or not you could have two different devices with one TGC license. Ideally, they could integrate both, use ball data from gc2 for ballflight and just show the clubhead data from the protee base on the shot analysis screen.

Comment

• wbond
      wbond commented
      Editing a comment
      Solstice72 If you are using a LM that reads the ball (GC2/Skytrak etc), it makes no difference what club is shown while playing TGC, except if you want to use putter while off the green. Or if you want to chip while on the green, then you need to change to a wedge.

• Solstice72
      Solstice72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thanks. So it would only matter the different clubs selected if the boost rating were different for the categories right? Driver, woods, irons, wedges all have their separate boost ratings.

• wbond
      wbond commented
      Editing a comment
      Solstice72 if you use boost on clubs, then yes it would matter as the boost would impact the shot outcome.

My understanding is the flash from the gc2 doesn't play well with the sensors in the pro tee mat.
    To get club data with the gc2 requires the HMT and for the cost being able to get club data all the time seems a bit much especially when i already own club data in the Pro Tee

Comment

• Ports
      Ports commented
      Editing a comment
      Protee confirmed that with me about the flash

To the OP, have you contacted ProTee support about your driver and wedge misreads?

I have ProTee, and yes there are misreads, often at inopportune times, but if they are persistent then your system is not set up properly.

If you are consistently getting misreads on the Driver then that can be fixed, more likely than not.

Wedge issues rear their ugly heads sometimes, but they also can be minimized.

Not sure that a hybrid GC2 / ProTee solution is really workable.

Comment

Only just purchased my protee system but had protee dial in and go through every setting while I hit clubs and I can probably can’t on 1 hand how many misreads I’ve had in about 20 rounds,everything seems spot on

Comment

I bought a used Protee base pack, perfect condition, from a forum member. Got it about a week ago.
        I have to agree with DRS, the misreads make it hard to complete a round. So, what are you settings that allow you to play 20 rounds with only one misread..
        Protee has been great, but I bought a used unit, so I can only expect so much. Any info would be great.

Comment

• Rovers1883
          Rovers1883 commented
          Editing a comment
          I can’t really help with what settings I’ve got,before they did a remote dial in I was getting a lot of misreads caused by the cameras picking up the club head rather then the ball,but they remotely dialed into my system and went through everything fading out the club head etc from the camera shot and it works brilliant now not even had issue with chipping,it took about 2-3 hours and your consistently hitting shots but it’s well worth it

My unit was purchased new and I have started more than 1 ticket with pro tee received email response on what they think i should adjust and had the place I bought it from remote in and while the system has gotten better on drivers nothing has touched the issue with shots from say 90yds-35yds yes delofting a club helps but not the shot I want to work on all winter.
        I had considered trying to sell or trade the pro tee and go only gc2/hmt but I have only used the pro tee for 2 winters (Nov-Mar) and not sure I'm ready to take the hit$.
        Reading the forums and especially the complaints on no rewinds on the tour play from pro tee users and not so much from people using LMT combined with the factory refurbished gc2 makes me feel like I can get the best of both for a reduced investment if this makes sense. I've never had nor used a gc2 dont know if I'm just spending more money to be equally frustrated.
        Why I am asking for the opinion here.

Comment

drs3putt ive had both at the same time. They don’t work together due to the interfering from the flash. Go with the GC2 and you will love it. IMO I quickly realized that I don’t need club data. It’s really the ball data that matters, and having it be accurate every time is what makes GC2 the best.

Comment

Rovers:
            One thing you could do for DRS and myself is take a photo of the various settings windows; I know quite a few. If you don't want to publish those, a PM to DRS and I might also work.

We are hijacking this thread. I might suggest we start another one.

Comment

Just a follow up. Purchased the GC2 and have been using the hitting area and interface of the pro tee to play The Golf Club. All of the cables are still there to computer for both sims but only able to use data from one sim at a time.

My final take would be:

Both systems are good units and way better than putting my clubs away all winter but each seems to have a different take on what's most important.

If you are a range guy and constantly tweaking and changing your swing Pro tee is the way to go club data seems spot on for where the ball makes contact on the face, swing path and face angle but from there system is a little wonky, the lighting and other settings are unique to almost every setup and it's extremely fussy to get accurate readings consistently.

If you are going to use this just to play golf and where the ball would actually " Laboroflove " end up is the more important to you then GC2 in my setup seems to be more accurate and more forgiving biggest issue is lining the unit parallel to target. What the pro tee interface comes up with for club data is IMO no where near accurate now maybe the HMT add on would change this but the added $ makes for an unfair comparison

Comment

Working...
              X