ProTee without Camera Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProTee without Camera Setup

Would the ProTee work without any camera setup? Having no DIY skills I'm kind of turned off by what seems to be the involved setup of the unit. However I am looking for something better than my current P3proswing. Assuming that the ProTee can function without the cameras would it be better than the P3?

Thanks

Yes it can. I would highly suggest getting at least the vcam in your setup. It would add to the accuracy for sure.

Comment

It's best to have both cameras in the system and they're not too hard to install and configure. There's a noticeable difference.

Comment

Having recently set up a ProTee system - actually still putting on the finishing touches, I can comment on the camera set up.

As far as the DIY aspect goes, physically setting up the cameras is no more difficult than positioning the overhead lights in the proper position(s). What does get a little complex is making the adjustments in the FlyCapture software that controls the cameras. This is time consuming and varies from installation to installation, so there is no one "right" set of settings to plug in and use. There's a bit of trial and error in the whole process.

However, it is definitely worth having the cameras. They give feedback based on the actual ball flight. Without the cameras, ProTee uses fixed values for launch angle based on the club selected - for instance 7-irons launch at 24 degrees, Drivers at 12 degrees and so on, regardless of the actual ball flight. The cameras capture the ball flight so the actual launch angles and ball direction are reflected in the sim.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
          X