TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - WGC Mexico Championship

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Boo Radley
    Advanced Member
    • Mar 2016
    • 260

    #16
    Almost hole in one on 14 today in second round!!! still trying to figure out how to post...................https://www.dropbox.com/s/ym6vzt1gdm...%20PM.mov?dl=0
    I was just making sure I avoided hitting it short into the bank and into the water like I did the first round !!! lol
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 03-01-2017, 11:08 PM.

    Comment


    • Toolman6000
      Toolman6000 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that is the par 3 i took an 11 on because the first two hit the green and went back into the water, lol. amazing how when i get mad i cant hit the ball, lol.

    • MainStGolf
      MainStGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      GREAT shot!
  • ProTee United
    Manufacturer
    • Aug 2014
    • 2998

    #17
    Nice shot !! If you want to post an embedded video you need to upload your video to youtube, click the video icon and paste the youtube video link.

    Comment

    • Boo Radley
      Advanced Member
      • Mar 2016
      • 260

      #18
      Originally posted by ProTee United View Post
      Nice shot !! If you want to post an embedded video you need to upload your video to youtube, click the video icon and paste the youtube video link.
      ok, thanks

      Comment

      • BSCampbell
        Member
        • Feb 2017
        • 40

        #19
        When I checked the leaderboard this morning, my handicap went to -36. Noticed a few others were at this same #. Just curious if this will be updated and corrected as I have just finished my 7th round (3 q-school and 4 tournament).

        Comment


        • keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          BSCampbell and Pharmer Ron......both of you have a problem with shot recording. Please follow the steps exactly. Your name has to be consistent across this site and TGC game. Followed all the steps and still can't find your name in the players list....PM Protee for help.
          TGC Golf Simulator Tours, Tournaments and Challenges - Get the most out of your Golf Simulator. Join the excitement!


          As soon as you have shot recording working.... send Protee a message to have your handicap calculated.

          Since I don't see BSCampbell and Pharmer Ron on the leaderboard, I can assume that you two are one of the few that have a -36. You have to follow all of the steps in setting up your shot recording.

          Shot Recording=ON
          USER ID=<YOUR USER ID> eg. AAAA-1234-CCCC-5678-EEEE

          1] Turn on Shot Recording by changing Shot Recording=OFF to Shot Recording=ON. Save the file.

          2] Copy the USER ID.

          3] Edit your Forum user profile and paste the USER ID in the field: TGC User ID.

          4] Edit the field TGC Nickname in your forum user profile. Make sure its EXACTLY the same as the nickname you use in TGC (case sensitive).

          5] Save you forum profile and hit a couple of test shots on a random course
          Last edited by keither5150; 03-02-2017, 09:41 PM.

        • Pharmer Ron
          Pharmer Ron commented
          Editing a comment
          5] Save you forum profile and hit a couple of test shots on a random course


          How can we tell on our end if it's working when we hit test shots?

        • BSCampbell
          BSCampbell commented
          Editing a comment
          I am on the players list and leaderboard as Bradford which I tried to change to BSCampbell on TGC without success and Protee said i should be ok. I had no issues last week T9 at Honda and my shots show up recorded for rounds I've played , but the accidental rewind yesterday I guess has opened up some other issues. What next? Can you tell me how to change my name on either here or on TGC or will Protee have to help me deal with that issue. Or will i be ok handicap wise the way things are in future weeks tournaments when I don't have an accidental button push like in my previous q-school and tournament play?
      • Joko
        Advanced Member
        • Aug 2015
        • 426

        #20
        Great course mthunt - First round was pretty awful, settled into a better one on my second. Challenging but not too much so by any means.

        Comment


        • Boerdoc
          Boerdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          mthunt My guess is 100 hours. Am I close?

        • mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. You're close. The learning curve is high. The side hill on 2 is exactly the same as the course. It's a goofy fairway but exactly the way it is on the course. It was really hard to get right. At one point I had the houses all around the naiborhood in the plan. I ran out of object data size and had to delete stuff. Funny.

        • Toolman6000
          Toolman6000 commented
          Editing a comment
          So do you look at the events and then create the course if its not one already made? I'm curious how this all gets done. Or do you take a course and rename it for the event?
      • StanMI
        Super Member
        • Sep 2016
        • 774

        #21
        Best course on the Tour so far....Played great except for my usual WEEEEEK finish !!
        Last edited by StanMI; 03-03-2017, 01:11 AM. Reason: Can't spell worth a $&^%

        Comment

        • Bnorman58
          Advanced Member
          • Nov 2015
          • 457

          #22
          Dang, 2 in the water on that last par 3. At least I hit it to a few feet on my 5th shot for a triple

          Comment

          • StanMI
            Super Member
            • Sep 2016
            • 774

            #23
            Is the altitude being taken into account on this course ??? Seems like I hit the ball a little longer today.

            Came in after the round and watched some of the event on the tube and they were talking about how far the ball was carrying.

            Comment

            • tlhammond5
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2016
              • 200

              #24
              I must give Mthunt credit. This course is great! I hit it left the entire first round, but the course is a really great build!!!

              Comment

              • tlhammond5
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2016
                • 200

                #25
                Originally posted by StanMI View Post
                Is the altitude being taken into account on this course ??? Seems like I hit the ball a little longer today.

                Came in after the round and watched some of the event on the tube and they were talking about how far the ball was carrying.
                This isn't the course they're playing in Mexico.

                Comment

                • keither5150
                  Champion Member
                  • Aug 2015
                  • 1364

                  #26
                  At times, there isn't an accurate course to match what the pros are playing. We then substitute a filler course. Mthunt did a great job on this course. I asked him about the trees blocking the approach shots on a few holes. He assured me that they were there IRL. I also enjoyed playing this course.

                  Comment

                  • Griffinto
                    Member
                    • Nov 2016
                    • 61

                    #27
                    Had all kinds of technical issues with the first couple of holes. Added about 8 strokes because the ball wasn't being tracked accurately. First time I ever experienced this so I reset the box, rebooted PC, cleaned the lens and everything started working again.

                    Comment

                    • Boerdoc
                      Super Member
                      • Aug 2015
                      • 627

                      #28
                      2 identical misreads to start the round. I had just changed the minimal greyscale drive to 5 and got those. I changed it back to 123 and it read perfectly. Then mid-round the interface kept faulting the vcam and made all lob wedges 53*. A restart of the interface and all was good. I took 2 rewinds on the opening drive and one on the misread of the wedges.

                      All told it was a good round until the 12, I think, when I put 2 into the water from 116 yds away. Took a 9 on that one.

                      Comment


                      • keither5150
                        keither5150 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        After looking at the picture.... I would say that you need to work on your drive LOL. That's a big misread. I'm not sure if anyone could get those numbers if they tried. I have had a misread like this a couple of times over the last 4 months. Next time you get a shot with a crazy SA. Check you system and see if it's a problem with the decimal point on the data. I had one where data said 3.2 but TGC took it as 32. And that takes a drive that should be in the fairway into the bush. In my case, I hit rewind and then resent the data. The shot then acted as expected. Martin at GSA couldn't recreate the problem. It has happened 4 times in just over 6000 shots....so not very often.

                        Please don't worry about explaining rewinds in detail. People who abuse the rewind system do stick out. The latest offender, isn't on the forum so he may not know the rules......6 tries at the same putt does not make par. Most misreads are pretty evident My latest rewind had a ball laying in the FOV...... so my big 3 wood travelled 1 foot. Your rewind is clearly legit. The rewind system is there for systems that will have the odd misread.

                      • Boerdoc
                        Boerdoc commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks keither5150. I will not bother about the details. Some are obvious but the drives occurred after changing something that I did not expect. So I figured if anyone else experiences it, they could check out the problem/correction.
                    • longhornlove
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2014
                      • 167

                      #29
                      My tour handicap is listed as a +25. I have confirmed that shot recording is on. My tour name is longhorn. I should be around a 9.

                      Comment

                      • longhornlove
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2014
                        • 167

                        #30
                        Played my 1st round, shot 76 with a snowman on a par 4. Had 4 birdies and an eagle. Just used my new mat that i made with the gel insert. Putted much better with the new mat.

                        Comment

                        Working...