TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - WGC Mexico Championship

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rsuslow
    Advanced Member
    • Mar 2016
    • 305

    #31
    I got my first round in on Monday. Then on Tuesday my computer took a tumble down the stairs.

    thought about trying to use my mac, but I'm not sure if TGC works on an iMac desktop? Or, what the policy is regarding having it on two seperate computers? Anyone have any ideas? The one that took the fall will be replaced as I got the accidental warranty on it.

    Comment


    • inorkuo
      inorkuo commented
      Editing a comment
      only one computer at a time as far as i know.

    • Toolman6000
      Toolman6000 commented
      Editing a comment
      I looked up all the specs on my macbook and the graphics card wasnt enough. I was looking at getting an imac before i got my new laptop because we are pretty much an apple household. I really didn't see anything i felt good about using and nothing that i saw that could do it. the cost of my laptop was 1200 with plenty of horsepower to push everything. From the research i did i would have had to get an external gpu and hook it through it.

    • rsuslow
      rsuslow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks all, I got my new computer today (thank goodness for the Geek Squad Protection Plan). I'm downloading TGC now and then I'll email pro-tee to get the new activation code using the new machine code.
  • wbond
    Ultimate Member
    • Oct 2014
    • 3489

    #32
    I think one of the requirements for it to work is that both names had to be the same.
    Originally posted by longhornlove View Post
    My tour handicap is listed as a +25. I have confirmed that shot recording is on. My tour name is longhorn. I should be around a 9.

    Comment

    • Genghis
      Member
      • Nov 2016
      • 63

      #33
      First of all, great course! I really enjoyed playing the round. On rewinds, I took 2 on the first hole. My first was a misread o a PW 100 yd shot that went 200 yds. On the next shot, I went way left on a straight looking shot on my screen... shrugged it off as maybe I did. Next shot was a 120 yd SW that should have only gone 50 yds... So at that point, I shut everything down and rebooted it all. Picked up on 1 after my original 2nd shot (the one that went 200 yds with my PW) laying 4. Oh well... ended the hole with a 7.

      My ST did drop on me (wifi) 14 times through the round. Never did that before the update, but I'll post this on that thread.

      Comment

      • Snaphook
        Advanced Member
        • Dec 2014
        • 324

        #34
        Great course. Really enjoyed it!

        Comment

        • DirtyGarry24
          Advanced Member
          • Nov 2016
          • 486

          #35
          Had a nice opening round (68). Finally rolled a few puts in with my SkyTrak. Nice ro make a few (finally). Played my round with ghosts of keither, tom hammond, and p3. Good group. Got a first hand look at keither pounding long drives 30 yards past me.

          Round 2 to come and needing a really low one to get into contention.

          Comment


          • tkotts
            tkotts commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha I did, a legit player for sure. Do you play this good IRL too Keither? I'd guess you have some club championships to your name if you do!

            Wish gross winner was actually a winner, and i'd get a virtual trophy I recall not wanting to check the scoreboard and turned off all the sound once i hit my fifth birdie (look at my first round, I got all caught up in shooting low and botched three holes thereafter). Went inside for a while to cool down after the triple on 11 or 12.

          • keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            My highest speed on Golftown's GC2 was 181. I can be quite consistent at around 170. GSA has been modifying their speed calculation over the last few months, so every now and then I have to recalibrate. I moved my cameras to be exactly the same as GSA's setup distance. I then take a object of known length and place it in the FOV. Measure the number of pixels with the control panel. And do the math to set your scale. 1 pixel = 0.2330 cm. After doing that speed calculations I found that my shots were going about the same distance compared to when I just matched my 8 iron distance. I recently had a Skytrak side by side with my PX5. Our speeds were very consistent. Ball flight varied a bit because of difference in SA and HA. I also took a few pointers from a Long Drive friend of mine.... He carries about 365. The funny thing is that he is trying to copy my grip to help him stay straight. Last winter I worked really hard on straightening out my drive. When spring came I was floored to see the improvement carried over to RL. I had two rounds last year where I didn't lose a ball and hit all of the fairways. My outdoor average was about 65% FIR. My driving distance has gone up a bit as I am working on a bigger turn. The bigger turn adds about 20-30 yards to the drive but sometimes with disastrous results. My LD friend says that a big turn and fast hands is the most important thing for distance. Oh and hitting the sweet spot. It's funny, when you can increase your turn..... you feel like you are not swinging harder, but the ball goes farther.

          • keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            @Tkotts

            Nice 64..... Sadly I am a better sim player than RL by about 8 strokes. IRL I would need to haul around my mat and perfect lie....... and those green lines on the green would help. Real life I am a 9.8 handicap. I am hoping to bring it down to 5 or 6 this year. I have been working hard on my short game this winter.

            Read my post about FedEx cup points..... for the gross players and give me your thoughts.

            I should add that I have dropped my handicap by almost 4 strokes since Xmas, thanks to the addition of club data to my GSA sim. That has really helped making my system more accurate.
            Last edited by keither5150; 03-04-2017, 07:36 PM.
        • The Alan
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2016
          • 8

          #36
          System is freezing when I hit tee shot on 5. Can't ESC. Can boot back up and play other courses. Any ideas?

          Comment

          • The Alan
            Junior Member
            • Dec 2016
            • 8

            #37
            Should clarify it is just TGC that freezes and it still plays music and just won't advance to next shot.

            Comment

            • StanMI
              Super Member
              • Sep 2016
              • 774

              #38
              I played 34 great holes (for me) and 2 absolute train wrecks.

              Great course, great time !!!!

              Comment

              • Fantastish
                Member
                • Jan 2017
                • 91

                #39
                Really enjoyed the course @mthunt. In the end, I shot my handicap.

                Comment

                • Mark Carmona
                  Junior Member
                  • Jul 2016
                  • 17

                  #40
                  Great course for the sim, mthunt! Think I'll be playing this one again when some of my non-golfer friends come over.

                  Comment

                  • DirtyGarry24
                    Advanced Member
                    • Nov 2016
                    • 486

                    #41
                    Echo the rest of the group. Really fun course. Nice breather from some of the beasts that we've been playing. Not to say it was easy by any means. Still a few holes to keep ya honest.

                    Comment

                    • Lefty71
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2016
                      • 168

                      #42
                      mthunt great course, enjoyed it not just because I did well it was well thought out for sim!
                      My Courses: all are LiDAR
                      Wilkshire LiDAR
                      Glenmoor
                      Brookside LiDAR
                      Shady Hollow CC​

                      Comment

                      • mthunt
                        Ultimate Member
                        • Aug 2014
                        • 4750

                        #43
                        Originally posted by Lefty71 View Post
                        mthunt great course, enjoyed it not just because I did well it was well thought out for sim!
                        I hated it. LOL. It's fitting because I always shoot my brains out at this course IRL. I can't believe I give them $15,000 a year. You'd think I wouldn't have had like 8 3 putts but I did. Hopeless......
                        My Courses:
                        World Par 3's by mthunt
                        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                        Weston G&CC by mthunt
                        London Hunt Club L mthunt
                        Park CC Lidar mthunt
                        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                        The National GC L mthunt
                        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                        Markland Woods CC mthunt
                        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                        Magna GC L mthunt
                        Barrie CC L mthunt
                        mthunt Range

                        Comment

                        • Boo Radley
                          Advanced Member
                          • Mar 2016
                          • 260

                          #44
                          Originally posted by mthunt View Post

                          I hated it. LOL. It's fitting because I always shoot my brains out at this course IRL. I can't believe I give them $15,000 a year. You'd think I wouldn't have had like 8 3 putts but I did. Hopeless......
                          Great course MT, You did a superb job of capturing your club and making it playable. No doubt it is a really good course to begin with IRL and you were able to capture it. I am hoping to do a design of Carleton Golf and Yacht Club in Ottawa where my buddy lives on the 4th hole. It is VERY flat but also a nice playable course. It would adapt well to a sim version. ,,, one of these days..check it out on Google Earth.

                          Comment

                          • Sascha1818
                            Advanced Member
                            • Jul 2015
                            • 380

                            #45
                            Great course MT, well done. Was this the course you started building about the same time I started mine ?

                            Comment


                            • mthunt
                              mthunt commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks. I think so.
                          Working...