Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Bob Chung winning the TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Franklin Templeton Shootout !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 XMAS Tour - XMAS Champions of Champions with 2 rounds at Glen Abbey CC (White Tees) by BoomBoom : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-of-champions
See more
See less

Kids tour?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are testing setting the tournament up as a stabbleford so your handicap is effected. 2 9 hole rounds and we’ll see how it goes. We’ll leave it open for longer.

Comment

I have some newbie questions as I just purchased the full version of TGC for the R Motion. I am not yet set up on the online Tour. I will go through and make sure all my settings are correct.

My question is, with R Motion, her club settings are tied to her name so when I go in to TGC I have to change the golfer name to her name so the R Motion recognizes that it is her and uses her club settings (shaft length, etc.). How does this work with profiles and tourney leaderboards?

Last edited by HeMan; 12-06-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• ProTee United
        ProTee United commented
        Editing a comment
        That is how it is supposed to work. If the name matches (case sensitive) it should pick up her club settings.

• HeMan
        HeMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, but if the tournament is tied to my TGC in game name, I then can’t use her name in order to use her club settings.

I guess I can just edit my clubs to use her settings each time she gets on and plays a tourney.

mthunt Is the tourney labeled test the one we should use for the kids, or are you still working out the kinks before giving the thumbs up? Also, thank you for getting something set up so we can let the wee ones join the fun. It is much appreciated!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sandbar View Post
        mthunt Is the tourney labeled test the one we should use for the kids, or are you still working out the kinks before giving the thumbs up? Also, thank you for getting something set up so we can let the wee ones join the fun. It is much appreciated!!!!
        That was only to test Stabbleford. We need to make sure that the kids playing don't effect the sim owners handicap. Once it's worked out, it'll be announced in the tournament section.

Comment

mthunt I like what you are doing, I was wanting to see my grandsons get more involved in golf what you are trying to do is the main reason for me getting involved in this simulator stuff to start with. I was wanting to see them be able to use it and compete online because there is no Jr. PGA or anything like it down here in my part of the country closes to me is 178 miles away. Keep up the good work and thank you.

Comment

My son would love to play.
            He wants a trophy too, I believe.

Comment

• dborden0
              dborden0 commented
              Editing a comment
              I can carve out some wood plaques. I'm not very creative, so if someone draws something up that would help. Svg or dxf files preferred.

Once I’m sure the handicaps won’t be effected I’ll launch it.

Comment

Great idea!!!! You are making me rethink my decision to sell my stuff!!! This could be really fun and potentially more fun in the future if and when they release TGC2 with multiple tees! I've always kind of been shocked that they can't get the multiple users going sooner than this to protect handicaps!

Comment

Originally posted by wbond View Post
                mthunt Is there a tournament open for this? Is this a 1 or 2 round tourney? I will see if my kid wants to play.

Bigger question, if he plays under my ID and this is a tournament, will this affect my tour hdcp or will it somehow be ignored?
                There will be a tournament soon. We just need to make sure that the kids scores do not effect your handicap.

Comment

If you decide to do this, check out my kids courses. They have pars set for kids and are 9 hole courses. I made a few but the best are... The Quirky Quarry (Kids 1900 yards) and New The Fun 9 (Kids 200 yards). I wish we did this sooner, as I'm selling my TGC license. Maybe we can get it going on JNPG??? My 9 year old daughter would love it. She's a monster! +1.2 handicap at age 9!

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty13 View Post
                    Great idea!!!! You are making me rethink my decision to sell my stuff!!! This could be really fun and potentially more fun in the future if and when they release TGC2 with multiple tees! I've always kind of been shocked that they can't get the multiple users going sooner than this to protect handicaps!
                    Making course for kids is extremely easy! Check out the courses I made... Mentioned above...

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
                      How about we try one on my course designed for kids? We'll leave it open longer. The course is called The Meadows. We'll try 9 holes

The bigger issue is user profiles. I suggest kids just use the dads profile. I'm not sure there's another way.

The Meadows ProTee Red 9 hole 2697 yards mthunt
                      That's an awfully long course for kids. That's longer than most woman's tees IRL.
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by tlhammond5 View Post

That's an awfully long course for kids. That's longer than most woman's tees IRL.
                        ​​​​​​
                        It's designed for 11-13 year olds. If I go <2000 yards it'll be pointless for 11-13 year olds. It's easy and wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post

It's designed for 11-13 year olds. If I go <2000 yards it'll be pointless for 11-13 year olds. It's easy and wide open.
                          I agree, a 2700 yard course is extremely long. My daughter is 9 (and pretty good) and can hit a driver maybe 100-120 yards. It won't matter how wide open it is if it takes her 3 shots to get to the green on every hole. There is no way she could play this and enjoy it. She also plays Jr. PGA and tournaments (albeit 10-11 year olds) and the general layout is 120 and under for Par 3's, 150-200 yards for Par 4's, and 200-250 for Par 5's. Our Jr. PGA is 8-13 year olds and they all play the same yardages and its competitive.

Now I completely get that there are 12-13 year olds that drive the ball 220+ but I think there should at least be a middle ground. If not no worries, still plenty of great courses for her to play. Still a great idea to get this going for the kids.
                          Last edited by HeMan; 12-11-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X