Well I just finished up my first round, when I exited, I must have pressed concede hole by accident. Now I have a 7 on the first hole of the 2nd round without taking a swing. Is there a way to correct this ? I guess I should have been wearing the reading glasses!
TGC 2017 Spring Tour - Zurich Classic of New Orleans
Collapse
X
-
Comment
-
FYI, I had one rewind in my second round. Went to place my ball on the dot with a 3 wood and registered a shot that didn't go anywhere.
Comment
-
Comment
-
Well just finished round 2, I started with a 12 because I accidentally pressed concede hole after I was done rd1. Last 17 holes I played 1 under, pretty psyched to finish like that. Looking forward to the next event!
Comment
-
Very strong perseverance to stay in the round after such a horrific start. I know I'd have been cooked from the start. The thing with the "concede hole" happens every other week and it's certainly unfortunate but it doesn't appear that a fix is in the plans. Only thing to do is roll with it and you handled it extremely well. Well done!
-
-
Comment
-
Wild first round. Started off eagle, birdie. Then took my first ever rewind. My 6 iron went 250 yards on the par 3 (3rd). 😳
So I took the rewind and rehit the same club and it went 200 as it should. BTW I don't hit my 6 iron 200 yards either, this is the severe down hill par 3 and I had a little helping wind. It's my 180 club.
Other than that I just mostly sucked the rest of the way around.
Comment
-
My driver was solid on round one except one topped drive. This led to a good round for me. +6 or so with a gimmie birdie on 18. I had a lesson at golftec today as I have for most Saturdays the past few years. (yea I needed lots of help, now I am addicted to lessons). I asked where the bottom of my swing arc was and he showed me that I was sweeping the ball instead of coming down on the ball. Practicing this and having it as my swing thought for the round led to some better ball striking. Since I am not a gifted athlete I have to really work on my technique . Right now I am trying to hit it solid contact.
I am getting better. I have never broken 80 IRL. (82) is my best. Last week I was at 35 after 9 and went 49 for the back 9. So goes my game. And no, there was not any drinking to alter my round. I just sucked on the back nine. I feel a round in the 70s is coming this year. We will see how round 2 goes tomorrow.
Comment
-
I hate this game. I followed up my best round with a terrible one for me. +22 or 23. I finished the tournament +28 or so. It would not be that bad if there were some bad breaks but it was all me. I chunked too many and shanked 4 or 5. I could not putt or chip either. To come so far and still have those things happen is frustrating.
Now I have to go and play a round IRL. With all this negativity running around in my head it should be a great round.
Comment
Comment