This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Ryder Cup Idea

Is it possible to setup a Ryder Cup match with the players of TGC & JNPG? Im thinking one year it's played on TGC, the next it's played on PG, But temporary licenses would have to be made available for the top 12 players on each platform. Can temporary licenses, for say 2 weeks, be granted? Handicaps really aren't going to translate well, so it would have to be a Gross event imo. Any thoughts welcomed!

Sim Ryder Cups are a great idea. There’s a World v USA Alt-Shot, Scramble and singles Ryder Cup going on right now.

Comment

Quick question - how much boost will be allowed for TGC golfers so they can compete with the non boosting JNPG ones? Bye

Comment

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is alot like the old National league vs American league in the world series with the pitcher hitting for the American league instead of the DH.. gotta make adjustments for the boost and short game differences lol

• gene438
        gene438 commented
        Editing a comment
        I still find it funny that JNPG users think they have eliminated boosting or cheating by playing JNPG. Sorry to tell you guys, but teeing up a 3 wood in the fairway, or using a jig to putt with or well you get the point....cheaters going to cheat no matter what system you use.

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        Very true, you can't stop people from doing those things. But the threat of being carparked always looms on JNPG if caught so people steer clear of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	well.png
Views:	181
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	137124

Comment

a trial license could work for this if there could be one for TGC like there is elsewhere.

Comment

And this post isnt about debating which software is better. Its to have an honest talk about what it would take to pull it off. In baseball, the national league and american league have different rules. When they play each other, the pitchers have to bat. So we have to do some compromising. For instance, maybe only certain hardware systems can be used. When playing on PG you have to understand that there is no straight putting option, maybe when playin on TGC, everyone gets to play with it on. Rewinds/Mulligans is another thing that would have to be agreed upon, personally i think the matches should be recorded, so the use of mulligans/rewinds should be allowed. Wouldnt be cool if the outcome was determined by a mis read when someone is placing their ball. Play modes is another issue, will have to see what comes of TGC2. Like I said, if it ever was a possibility, it might be a few years down the road. But I do think it could be possible. Its not like its for real money or anything, just for fun and bragging rights.

Comment

BadEddieKit, you actually stated the reason why you will not pull it off in your last statement....."just for fun and bragging rights"....Unfortunately, some of the guys really take these tours seriously, that's what drove a wedge to begin with. I don't play the tour because I prefer to play online (more fun to me and my limited time only allows x number of rounds a week)

It seems to me when feelings, egos, or whatever started getting bruised and hurt, the accusations started to fly and division began. I guess there is nothing wrong if some guys want to have a serious competition, but, you better get on the same model simulator, same software, and put a webcam on every player to monitor/verify every swing........but I'm just not interested in that......I'll take a beer and the hackers and go play my rounds.

Comment

I have a few questions for the OP. Will the tgc group have to submit weekly pee tests like the pg crowd? I’ve been suspicious of tgc players using the deer antler spray for quite some time. Will we have to submit our equipment to the pg admin for testing? Ya know, get our balls checked? Make sure our shafts are the correct length? Will we have to vacuum our mats in the opposite direction to simulate that against the grain shot like Augusta? I figure we’ll have to turn our wind on so that it blows in our face on every full shot? Downwind for the chip shots? And of course set our stimp at 22 to simulate putting in the bathtub?

For you tgc guys with a Skytrak, you can type “BIG BALLS” into your driver configurater (sp?) and hit 400 yard drives. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard to steer the ball back into the fairway. You’re welcome!

Comment

Working...
              X