Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Arnold Palmer Invitational

TOUR CHALLENGE
    3 rounds at Bay Hill Club and Lodge (Pro Tee)

Arnold Palmer Invitational

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Arnold Palmer Invitational runs from TODAY - March 18.

Purse: $15,000,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

Tournament Rules:
    i just got back from Vegas and my club closed on Sunday. It's sim season and we are getting new players every day so I figured I'd repost this. Tour Rules

For live play and tour talk visit ProTee TGC Discord:
    Check out the ProTee United community on Discord - hang out with 61 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

I didn't score well this tournament, but felt like I struck the ball really well. I had a comical triple bogey after a standard GIR, uphill putt, somehow putting it miles off the green, leaving a crazy hard chip, leaving me further away putting for 5 than for 3, then 3 putted! I also putted from green to off the green about 3 more times, just not feeling it with the putter right now. I really wanted to rewind too, not because of a read. I hit a full wedge as well as I can, and was excited to see how close it would be, but it flew the green by a mile and into real trouble. Looked at the result expecting to see a crappy read, it tells me 110y carry, which is what I'd expect to hit it? Looking now, it says 97y remained on skytrak, carry 111y, so not sure how I thought I had 115y left still. Didn't matter much in the end I guess.

Comment

These elevated greens kicked my tail. I need to figure out how to pitch/flop on SkyTrak because right now its killing me. I feel like I hit a good flop and it doesnt read so then I hit a pitch to get up the hill and it rolls out 15 yards off the other side of the green. I imagine I lost at least 10-15 strokes over the 3 rounds in this exact scenario.

Comment

Sorry to keep bringing up rewinds but I am still learning the ropes Had a few head scratchers today that I can't explain but at the end of the day it's golf and every day is different so just went with the flow.
        However would this one have been a valid reason for a rewind?
        LW 17.00 Fairway 23.8 -16.2 41.8 6.5 136 1201 12.11
        I didn't rewind it but I didn't think my short game was that bad, only 17 yards to pin and I end up in a bunker directly to my left, I should add that no beers had been drunk at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by simmb View Post
          Sorry to keep bringing up rewinds but I am still learning the ropes Had a few head scratchers today that I can't explain but at the end of the day it's golf and every day is different so just went with the flow.
          However would this one have been a valid reason for a rewind?
          LW 17.00 Fairway 23.8 -16.2 41.8 6.5 136 1201 12.11
          I didn't rewind it but I didn't think my short game was that bad, only 17 yards to pin and I end up in a bunker directly to my left, I should add that no beers had been drunk at this point.
          If it hit the middle of the screen for sure a rewind.
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

• simmb
            simmb commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info and thanks for all the hard work you guys put into the managing these tournaments. Only my second event and I think I am already addicted.

Ugh, this not knowing what ST is going to do from 23-20 yds is a pain. It'd be really nice if we can get a notification of some sort when the unit is in short game mode? Had a shot today from 23 when it was on and ball just keeps rolling out.

Did get lucky and had my second sim ace on hole 7 in rd3.

Comment

• bob chung
            bob chung commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice. Shot!
            Still looking for 1st....

Anyone clean their skytrak? I noticed mine is covered in fluff, dust from the hitting mat. Impact reads?

Comment

I had a rough three rounds today. Played them all and I swear I swung about 600 times. My skytrak was just not reading half my swings. Full drive. No read. Full drive no read. Tired I swing again read. Of course hrs middle of screen and then goes left.
            I had three rewinds. Also I had a lot of putts 3.0 degrees to the right. Like a lot. Very weird as I have little levels attached to my FMJ case. I have lines at the screen for on center. And I hit the center with the ball. But off by 3 degrees.
            Sim golf shows some frustration. God I can wait till I can go outside.

Comment

Originally posted by KPaas View Post
              Also I had a lot of putts 3.0 degrees to the right. Like a lot. Very weird as I have little levels attached to my FMJ case. I have lines at the screen for on center. And I hit the center with the ball. But off by 3 degrees.
              Sim golf shows some frustration. God I can wait till I can go outside.
              KPaas Don't you have the putting patch installed?

Comment

• KPaas
                KPaas commented
                Editing a comment
                Um I don’t think so? There’s a putting patch? What does that do.
                I’ve been putting like I do on the course use arrows for the break and try and hit it straight. Lol

Do a search for the putting patch. I had the same frustrations as you did. It makes a world of difference.

Comment

Zeros out hortizonth launch. All you need to do is read the put and aim on screen then hit the correct pace.

Every putt launches exactly where you aimed on screen

Removes the left/right launches.

Much more fun and putting on a sim is only about fun

Comment

Working...
                X