Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Doze (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2019 SUMMER TOUR - The Open Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2019 SUMMER TOUR - World Golf Championship with 2 rounds at Firestone CC South (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...f-championship
See more
See less

TGC 2019 SPRING TOUR - PGA Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TGC 2019 SPRING TOUR - PGA Championship

    TOUR CHALLENGE
    3 rounds at Bethpage State Park Black Course ProTee
    PGA-Championship


    RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

    PGA Championship runs from TODAY - May 19.

    Purse: $15,000,000

    HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY -> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

    You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

    Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...shot-recording

    Tournament Rules:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...650-tour-rules

    Join our Discord server to stay in touch with fellow players:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/PakHbUA

    Follow the tour and winner announcements on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram:
    https://facebook.com/proteeunited / https://twitter.com/proteeunited / https://instagram.com/proteeunited


    GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

  • #2
    NET LEADERBOARD
    GROSS LEADERBOARD

    Comment


    • #3
      Excited for this one!

      Comment


      • #4
        Apologies for my ignorance, and if I should've asked this in a different thread but can someone clarify the boost rules for me? The only thing I'd like to boost is the driver, which I currently have set to 5%, but I think I was DQ'd in the original TGC tour Players Championship for having the boost set to 'ON' in the config file. Is there a way to have to boost set to 'OFF' and enable the 5% boost for the driver at the same time? Am I missing something?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by EG$ View Post
          Apologies for my ignorance, and if I should've asked this in a different thread but can someone clarify the boost rules for me? The only thing I'd like to boost is the driver, which I currently have set to 5%, but I think I was DQ'd in the original TGC tour Players Championship for having the boost set to 'ON' in the config file. Is there a way to have to boost set to 'OFF' and enable the 5% boost for the driver at the same time? Am I missing something?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190510-152205_Chrome.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	205578he you go

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks Wizard of Coz. I saw that as well, but in the rules section for each tournament it’s says ‘Boost:Off’. It’s confusing...

            If 5% is allowed I’m not sure why my scores for that tournament didn’t count because all of my settings were within the rules and I had an established handicap.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EG$ View Post
              Thanks Wizard of Coz. I saw that as well, but in the rules section for each tournament it’s says ‘Boost:Off’. It’s confusing...

              If 5% is allowed I’m not sure why my scores for that tournament didn’t count because all of my settings were within the rules and I had an established handicap.
              No one has ever been disqualified for boost, only warned.

              Comment


              • Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                Warned for boost that exceeds 5%?

              • mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes but I’ve only warned like 2. Not the poster.

            • #8
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Config_Screen.png
Views:	426
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	205664
              Ok, so the config file above is within the rules?

              If I export the results of that tournament (Players Championship on the Winter Tour) to a CSV my entry looks like the following:

              ErikG";" ";-36.0;75;68;71;-2;106;0;117;"

              So I'm not sure what happened. I'm guessing the -36.0 is an unregistered handicap? I had a handicap in the game at the time, is the Q school a requirement?

              Comment


              • Fantastish
                Fantastish commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, You must play 5 rounds to get a handicap. You must also make sure shot recording is on and working. I pulled up ErikG and there were no shots recorded, so that would have been a problem . It looks like you changed your name to EG$. Make sure to look through the pinned topics at the top of the Online Tour section of this forum.

              • Raayz
                Raayz commented
                Editing a comment
                I've always wondered what [Course config] you all play at??
                I've never tried anything other then default

            • #9
              Hey Gabe

              Looks like im tied you going into the 3rd round and I need a 71 or better to beat you.

              My question is did you take 14 rewinds in this tournament or was it some kind of technical difficulty that makes it look like 14 rewinds?

              If it's rewinds that's not putting us on fair grounds for competing.

              Comment


              • mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                Guys, feel free to PM me about this stuff. I’ll look at it. There’s a lot of rewinds..

              • mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                You’ll notice he’s not on the leaderboard and he wants to let you know he apologizes. And, if you take 14 rewinds you wont be on the leaderboard either. Lol.

              • Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey gabe it's no big deal no hurt feelings no need to apologize. It's just a blast playing this game with so many people that share the same passion.
                Now if i used 14 rewinds to beat you in the final round and mthunt dqed me and not you my beef would be with commissioner mthunt! Lol

            • #10
              Is it played at Bethpage Black?
              Hmmm, I do love Bethpage......

              Comment


              • Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes it is jump right in! It's nothing like tgc2019 bethpage black though.

            • #11
              Wow, had a great first round. I don't know if I can do that again another two times. Everything just seemed to go right. Really tough course with a few par 4s that I'm never going to reach in 2. I can't imagine how hard the real Bethpage would be with those tight fairways! Maybe one day I'll get there to play a round.

              Comment


              • Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                Great job. Your 3 up on me after the first round and tied for the lead with bradford. Pressure is building for round 2!

              • blitz12
                blitz12 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! I played your ghost in the first round. It was a good motivator. You had great 2nd and 3rd rounds! I doubt I'll be able to go that low. Really nice way to get excited for the PGA next week!

              • Raayz
                Raayz commented
                Editing a comment
                3 solid rounds will be tough!

            • #12
              I was playing so so well in my first round (+3 going into #15) and my Skytrak started acting up. It shows 3 green lights, I hit a shot, and nothing. I ended up having to completely reset it and set it up again. This has been happening more and more to me, and I'm really getting frustrated.

              Anyway, I ended up +5 which I'm still happy with, but I don't know if any of those shots missed by Skytrak will show up in my data? The bell never registered as leaving the tee in TGC, so I did not take any rewinds.

              Comment


              • #13
                Originally posted by Jard View Post
                I was playing so so well in my first round (+3 going into #15) and my Skytrak started acting up. It shows 3 green lights, I hit a shot, and nothing. I ended up having to completely reset it and set it up again. This has been happening more and more to me, and I'm really getting frustrated.

                Anyway, I ended up +5 which I'm still happy with, but I don't know if any of those shots missed by Skytrak will show up in my data? The bell never registered as leaving the tee in TGC, so I did not take any rewinds.
                I'm pretty certain if it wasn't registered by Skytrak then it would never have sent data to TGC and no shot would show up in your data. So you should be good. For a rewind to show up you have to go into the menu and hit rewind.

                Comment


                • Wizard of Coz
                  Wizard of Coz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My last tournament I had shots reading on the gc2 but not transferring into simulation. Like lagging out. Hit multiple shots before one finally took off in simulation. Had to exit restart lost 5 or 6 holes. Went into recorded shots and it appears as multiple shots taking from same tee as if rewinds were taken but no rewinds were taken. What a sh@t storm! Im pretty sure it kept me from winning.

                • blitz12
                  blitz12 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is odd and frustrating. I'll get the occasional no read with skytrak, which can be frustrating when you hit it well and then duff the next one. Thankfully I've never had anything happen like you just went through.

              • #14
                Played Final round with Wizard of Coz 's ghost.
                we both played good.
                Wizard hit some big drives and made some key putts.
                Here is the stream.
                https://youtu.be/HvNGgLqBKwU Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190513-010843.png Views:	0 Size:	1.16 MB ID:	205868

                Comment


                • #15
                  Originally posted by bob chung View Post
                  Played Final round with Wizard of Coz 's ghost.
                  we both played good.
                  Wizard hit some big drives and made some key putts.
                  Here is the stream.
                  https://youtu.be/HvNGgLqBKwU Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190513-010843.png Views:	0 Size:	1.16 MB ID:	205868
                  how do you do for putt? me once on the Green I can not putt

                  Comment


                  • Wizard of Coz
                    Wizard of Coz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't know. Bob beat me by 8 shots on the greens over the 3 days. His green speed is slower than mine maybe it decreases the amount of break in the putts. I will probably experiment.
                Working...
                X