This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2019 Society - Q-School

Get your official tour handicap registered!

Last edited by ProTee Max; 06-02-2020, 07:45 AM.

I've not updated since the initial release. Must have missed the memo.

Any notes on what improvements were included?

Comment

Hello All. I've search the forum for answers to my questions/problems and I can't find anything, so I thought I would ask the group. If there is a better place I should have posted this, I apologize.

I've played Cypress, Tarwa and The Open in the 2019 Society - Q-School. A strange combination of events are occurring:

1) In the 2019 TGC Game (as opposed to the older version) it clearly shows that I've played these tournaments (6 rounds in total). My Open rounds are also listed in the sticky above - not good scores, I'm having trouble adjusting to the new software, but I digress.
      2) When I check my handicap rounds in the 2019 TGC Game (as opposed to the older version) it only shows the 2 Tarwa rounds and up in the right hand corner it says I still need 3 rounds for my handicap establishment.
      3) I played the 2 Open rounds yesterday and today and neither of these rounds are showing up in my shot recording on the Tour Website. I'm used to recorded shots showing up almost immediately.

FYI, if it's relevant, I recently updated my software to version 4.0.7 Also, I have went through the shot recording steps again to make sure all of that information carried over post-update, and it appears that it did.

Any advice anyone has would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Comment

• frackh
        frackh commented
        Editing a comment
        If I’m not mistaken, the tour handicap is calculated weekly. At least that’s how I remembered the TGC1 was done.

So how long until 2019 becomes the official tour and we can just drop TGC?

Comment

Originally posted by CFRIEDL90 View Post
        So how long until 2019 becomes the official tour and we can just drop TGC?
        TGC2019 has a tour and TGC has a tour. Both are official and separate.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        London Hunt Club L mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

Anyone else come across the issue where you couldn't quit the game during the round?
          I was on my 3rd round of the day and the stupid pop up bug hit me on a 8 iron I hit 24 degrees of launch so I just wanted to quit the round but it didn't have any option. I conceded the hole thinking I'd be able to quit on the next one but no such luck, I had to use Alt-ctrl-del to shut the software down because i couldn't get out of the round I was playing.

Comment

• orangeman
            orangeman commented
            Editing a comment
            It's there. The menu is longer than the box so you have to scroll down using your mouse.

This might sound silly but was there a scroll down option?
          I had a similar experience with an unplayable lie, couldn’t find the quit round option and end up terminating the game (Alt-F4 is a shortcut to end the current Windows application). When I went back in the game, checked the menu again and realized I had to scroll down while in the menu to access the quit option, it was at the very bottom of the list.

Comment

Albany CC aint no joke. You wont catch me playing a course that long in real life. Fairways are pencil thin and like to bounce you into the rough too haha. It was fun though, my first 2 rounds with my skytrak. Loving it already.

Comment

Is there a new q-school event for establishing handicaps?

Comment

Why don't Q-School events run through Sunday? It is really annoying to not be able to play on the only day I really have time to use the simulator.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                  Wizard of Coz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rounds in the wizard of Coz Noonan society also count towards establishing you handicap. Join and play 18 holes. One 18 hole event per week.

• dborden0
                  dborden0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! I will do that. What is really annoying is I played 2 rounds of the Protee society, and it turned out to be a 3 round event.... My fault for not paying attention. I have played several rounds in Q school and Protee, but never finished any events. I'm not sure if those will go towards my handicap or not.

• Wizard of Coz
                  Wizard of Coz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good question not sure of the answer

After your handicap it's established, does it show up anywhere? Either in tgc or on the website? Like the old tgc.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                  Wizard of Coz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Of you look at the standings here you can see it and I think in the game.

Is someone going to fix the Leader board in this thread? It only shows one person's result from the High Elms course.

Thanks,
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald View Post
                  Is someone going to fix the Leader board in this thread? It only shows one person's result from the High Elms course.

Thanks,
                  Scott
                  Thank you for noticing, it has been fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by ProTee Max View Post

Thank you for noticing, it has been fixed.
                    Thanks! Is there a NET Lead board as well or just the GROSS one?

Scott

Comment

• mthunt
                      mthunt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Q-School is only for establishing a handicap. Therefore no net.

Hi - Let me preface this question by noting that I am fairly terrible - as evidenced by my scores so far - but are all Greens as brutal as the past two courses played in Q School (and the other tours)? I routinely am finding myself putting off the green due to massive slope and green speeds. I've only had TGC2019 for 2.5 weeks, so I realize there is a learning curve, but some of these greens just seem unfair.

Or is it just me

Comment

Originally posted by scottegold View Post
                      Hi - Let me preface this question by noting that I am fairly terrible - as evidenced by my scores so far - but are all Greens as brutal as the past two courses played in Q School (and the other tours)? I routinely am finding myself putting off the green due to massive slope and green speeds. I've only had TGC2019 for 2.5 weeks, so I realize there is a learning curve, but some of these greens just seem unfair.

Or is it just me
                      It's just you but it's fixable. First, what hardware are you using? What are your settings? When you launch TGC there is a tab on the screen where you click TGC2019 that says settings. In that wordpad file is putting settings. What do they say? It is listed as Speed, Firmness and Stimp
                      My Courses:
                      World Par 3's by mthunt
                      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                      Weston G&CC by mthunt
                      London Hunt Club L mthunt
                      Park CC Lidar mthunt
                      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L