Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (GROSS AND NET) winning the TGC 2019 FALL TOUR - Houston Open !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - The CJ Cup at Nine Bridges with 2 rounds at Wailua Valley G.C. (ProTee Green Tee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...t-nine-bridges
See more
See less

TGC 2019 Society - SEASON 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2019 Society - SEASON 2

RUNNING EVENT

ALL SCORING

Last edited by ProTee Max; 08-29-2019, 03:29 PM.

How long before we get a nice link to TGC2019 with leaderboards money leaders etc like we have for TGC? Maybe I’m just missing it...

Comment

What is this "Pebble Beach GC"?
      What a shame that friendBOMBER 's version was not chosen for this season! This must be a mistake?
      I ended my round after hole #1.

Comment

Originally posted by NetcheK View Post
        What is this "Pebble Beach GC"?
        What a shame that friendBOMBER 's version was not chosen for this season! This must be a mistake?
        I ended my round after hole #1.
        It's supposed to be the friendbomber course. Is it not?

Comment

Sorry guys. I submitted a fake version of the course by mistake. I had a spreadsheet someone made that said Pebble Beach GC was friendbombers. His is just Pebble Beach

Comment

• NetcheK
            NetcheK commented
            Editing a comment
            There are so many courses with "false" names that it's easy to confuse two courses!
            Thanks for all your work to propose great courses in the society.
            I was just so disappointed when I began my round that it ruined my game for the day!
            ;-))

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            It happens but not on wizard of coz Noonan society! Just messing with mthunt!

• mthunt
            mthunt commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m due a mulligan.

We apologise for not using the friendbombers course.
          Don’t worry, it will be used again later at another tour

Comment

Wow what a garbage course. What happened mthunt ? You guys been using Friendbombers for years. I quit on hole 4 when I hit my drive and as it flew I saw a crater the size of my home state of RI with no water filled into it.

At least they could have finished building it. They should have named it crater cove or something then it probably would have got mistaken for the Good version of Crater Cove though.
            Last edited by Jwheels9876; 09-08-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              Someone published a bunch of junk with the names of famous courses. I knew this and was careful. I even played a few holes to make sure. I’m serious that I don’t know how I could have done this. It’s on me. Apologies.

• Jwheels9876
              Jwheels9876 commented
              Editing a comment
              Eh no worries, you didn't release the junk. Good course next week anyhow.

Any word on when the site will be up to check out the society scores and stats? I miss the recorded shots too.

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s ProTee’s department. I’m sure they are working on it. Next week is a fun course. I’d love to play there.
              Last edited by mthunt; 09-08-2019, 08:00 PM.

So I'm a 13 Handicap according to the game. How come I show up as a zero on the Net Leader board??? I would have ended up a - 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald View Post
              So I'm a 13 Handicap according to the game. How come I show up as a zero on the Net Leader board??? I would have ended up a - 1!
              Tour handicaps are separate and having nothing to do with the game handicap. If you are 0 you haven’t played enough tour rounds to have a handicap.

Comment

Fair enough. How many rounds till I'll be properly handicapped?

Comment

• mthunt
                  mthunt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think somewhere around 3-5. Until then you’ll be 0

👍 Sounds good! I'll get some more in right away then! 😉

Comment

Hi guys
                  I have played my first round of the green by a classic but my name doesn’t appear to be on the leaderboard. Any ideas

Comment

• simmb
                    simmb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don't think you will show up until you complete your second round. At the moment the results page is not the same as the original TGC where you could see all the people who were sneaking up behind you but still had a round to complete.

• Fieldygolf
                    Fieldygolf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks simmb

Apologies if this has been asked and answered previously, I'm just getting back into sim golf as the weather starts to turn.

Has anybody had issues with the tee shot not registering with skytrak? Tried playing this Pebble beach course and could only get tee shots to register if I switched back to putter and then back to driver. It's like it is stuck in short game mode.

Comment

• simmb
                    simmb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What version are you runnning? It will tell you in the title bar of the TGC console you use to launch the game. Make sure you are on latest 4.07 version. If you are not re-run the setup program and it will download and install the latest version. Pretty sure what you have described was fixed in the later version.

• PunchoutPro
                    PunchoutPro commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks simmb. That did the trick. I was running 4.02. I was way off!

ProTee Max Finished my second round and still not on leaderboard.! Any ideas. Could it be that I have only played 2 events and don’t have handicap yet

Comment

Oh man.... Watch out for #15. Putting for par and just missed.... Putt rolls off front edge of green. I putt back up.... It rolls back down! 😣 Two chips.... same thing!!!! Finally chip to Gimme range. From a putt for a 4....to a 9!!! Gaaaaah!

Comment

• mthunt
                      mthunt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There’s a chance that the designer was too liberal on OSM with the green edges which makes the front pin on 15 treachery. He’s a good guy though. This was an early liDar design.

• mthunt
                      mthunt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh. I doubted 17 twice. Turns out I can’t get SW there. Lol

I finally gave up on SkyTrak fixing the driver ball speed issue and set up 5% boost on driver. Match that with all those downhill holes and my drive distances went way up this week. Tough greens kept the extra distance from helping on the scorecard but still a fun course.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                      Wizard of Coz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think the skytrak is at least 3-4% off on ball speeds > 155

• njvoelker
                      njvoelker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am not sure the exact percentage it is off which is why I tried waiting for a fix. I am consistently getting low-mid 160s with driver (169 highest I’ve seen so far) and mid 150s with 3 wood off the mat. From playing I know I have a large distance difference between those 2 shots (30-50 yards?) but I do not play often enough to know exactly how much.

• FaultyClubs
                      FaultyClubs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's kinda the point, you don't know if your Skytrak is wrong yet somehow you went straight for the max of 5%. LOL

The Skytrak data linked above shows less than 1% error in the low 150's. Clevited posted a similar Trackman comparison a while back showing something like 1%-2% error all the way from 160 - 180 mph. A buddy tested his against Trackman (hitting bay at range) and found a little over 1% in the low 160's (Skytrak was low).

So that's three direct Trackman tests to go from. They do show a trend of being a bit low but not really by all that much. A bigger concern might be the shot to shot variation which Clevited noted and my buddy found as well.

Also Clevited found his Skytrak was HIGHER than Trackman between something like 100-140 mph. I wonder how many Skytrak people use negative boost to correct for that! LOL

Does that muddy the water enough? LOL. Since I don't have a Skytrak I may have missed or forgotten other direct Trackman tests. Skytrak said a long time ago they had tests scheduled but I don't remember hearing any results.
                  Working...
                  X