TGC Tour Major - AT&T Pebble Beach

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ProTee United
    Manufacturer
    • Aug 2014
    • 2998

    #1

    TGC Tour Major - AT&T Pebble Beach

    TOUR CHALLENGE
    3 rounds at Pebble Beach Golf Links (ProTee)

    Click image for larger version

Name:	pebble.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	57672

    RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: ON
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

    AT&T Pebble Beach runs from TODAY - February 14.

    HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

    You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

    GOOD LUCK !

  • ProTee United
    Manufacturer
    • Aug 2014
    • 2998

    #2

    Comment

    • Daddio
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2015
      • 125

      #3
      Played a practice round, this is going to be tough. Any suggestions how to get out of the over the cliff area's?

      Comment


      • Boerdoc
        Boerdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Blast a lob wedge. Hopefully you are a few paces back. I have had to hit backwards to the fairway a few times as well. I have played Pebble on the sim many times and seem to find the beach often. Watch the wind as well. It could make the difference between a lob wedge or an 8 iron on hole 7.
    • Daddio
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2015
      • 125

      #4
      Thanks, I will try that, I'm sure I will be in those area's more than I want to be!!

      Comment

      • keither5150
        Champion Member
        • Aug 2015
        • 1364

        #5
        @ Protee. I played crappy during the last tournament. Don't raise my handicap yet. ( don't know if we are allowed to request that) I usually have a tough time playing on days that I play hockey. Last week I couldn't avoid those days. I did have my best round ever on Pebble beach after 3 days of rest.

        Comment

        • ks-man
          Advanced Member
          • Sep 2015
          • 377

          #6
          Doh...Landed (and stayed) on the bleachers on 18 about 110 away. The lie said sand so I figured what the hell and grabbed my p-wedge. Struck it solid and saw on the GC2 display it said 118 yds and thought for a moment this could turn out real good. Then I watch the ball go backwards 5 yards. Such a letdown.

          These games really need to understand a free drop from a man-made object. Oh well.

          Comment

          • Boerdoc
            Super Member
            • Aug 2015
            • 627

            #7
            Handicaps are a bit of a mystery to me as well. My "official" TGC handicap is 17. The courses we have been playing are not rated yet so all the tournament stats do not get included in my TGC handicap. Yet I understand that the tournament courses may be harder or easier so a tournament handicap may be better. Oh well, I guess it will work out in the end. I am averaging 19.9 over par on tournament courses BTW.

            Comment

            • mthunt
              Ultimate Member
              • Aug 2014
              • 4750

              #8
              TGC handicaps are not use for these tournaments. Handicaps are done manually by Protee. I don't know the formula but
              it's likely not as complicated as a USGA handicap.
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              London Hunt Club L mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

              Comment

              • Gamble Gamble
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2015
                • 128

                #9
                This looks so cool. I cannot wait to join you guys. Hopefully in by Augusta, err Magnolia

                Comment

                • Boerdoc
                  Super Member
                  • Aug 2015
                  • 627

                  #10
                  I just played round 1. Since I have played this many times, I was comfortable and shot 83. An awesome round for me. I think it helps being left-handed on this course with the wind coming in from the coast on the front nine. I figured that I could score well here. As a major this will take 3 good rounds. For some reason the last several tournaments my scores degraded in the second round. Good luck all.

                  Comment

                  • DestinAlley
                    Junior Member
                    • Jan 2016
                    • 7

                    #11
                    I played round 1 last night and it wasn't pretty. I will say, I usually don't play with the wind on when I'm practicing and it is really hard to judge how the wind will affect your shot. I'm sure after a while I will start to understand that x amount of wind requires x amount of adjustment, but it's certainly harder than real life. Generally, you don't have a wind meter and play based on feel. Obviously that's impossible to do here. Is there any reason why we have to play with the wind? The courses seem protected enough that the wind should not be needed. Just my thought.

                    Comment

                    • Boerdoc
                      Super Member
                      • Aug 2015
                      • 627

                      #12
                      Originally posted by DestinAlley View Post
                      I played round 1 last night and it wasn't pretty. I will say, I usually don't play with the wind on when I'm practicing and it is really hard to judge how the wind will affect your shot. I'm sure after a while I will start to understand that x amount of wind requires x amount of adjustment, but it's certainly harder than real life. Generally, you don't have a wind meter and play based on feel. Obviously that's impossible to do here. Is there any reason why we have to play with the wind? The courses seem protected enough that the wind should not be needed. Just my thought.
                      I played 2 rounds on this tournament. The first round the wind was coming from the ocean and It was pretty good for me. The second round the wind was pushing towards the ocean. I sent 2 to the sand and one into the ocean. Much more difficult. Judging the wind is hard when you cannot feel it. By hole 9, I just overcompensated and bailed out into the wind. Scores reflected the difficulties. 83 and 93 I think.

                      Comment

                      • Daddio
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2015
                        • 125

                        #13
                        I found the wind to be stronger than other courses also during practice, really affected some shots, but I kind of like it, just another factor to raise my scores.
                        So the wind changes from round to round? Is it just during the tournaments so the R1 it will be from the right on the ocean holes and from left on R2?
                        Exactly what dictates where the wind comes from? Does TGC have it from different directions on different days?

                        Comment

                        • goatbarn
                          Super Member
                          • Aug 2014
                          • 652

                          #14
                          I played 11 strokes better from Round1 vs Round2. +6 vs -5.

                          I do think that we might have to look at how much the wind affects short chips/pitches. Because even though the wind may be 18 mph or so, I don't see my ball moving in the air on a 15 yard chip the way it does in the game....any one else see this?

                          Comment

                          • goatbarn
                            Super Member
                            • Aug 2014
                            • 652

                            #15
                            Also there is still no tournament leaderboard updates on the forum thread (above) until the tournament is over. I'm assuming this is a known issue that is being worked on or on the "list" of things to do?

                            In it's current state, it seems somewhat diminished value if the plan is to always just show scores after the tournament is over.

                            Comment

                            Working...