Originally posted by Ironstrokes
View Post
TGC Tour - Valspar Championship (MAJOR)
Collapse
X
-
Exactly. I'm sure there are people who arent even active on here that find the tournaments just by searching in TGC. Unless they know what the symbol for wind is on the tournament summary screen, there's no way they'd know to turn it on. I don't know, just an observation.
-
The wind can't be automatically set when organizing an event. In future updates this will be addressed. Its up to the individual to make sure that wind is on when playing an event. The history of this is that we were not using wind in the events at the start of tg year, but the majority of players wanted wind for all events. The wind is variable but we all felt that it evened out amongst us all over the course of the year, just like real golf conditions. The ability to lock wind conditions for events will hopefully come.
Comment
-
It seems a lot of people aren't turning on wind by accident or maybe by choice. The fairest and easiest thing is for everyone to turn it off.My Courses:
World Par 3's by mthunt
Toronto GC (L) mthunt
Burlington G&CC by mthunt
Weston G&CC by mthunt
London Hunt Club L mthunt
Park CC Lidar mthunt
Sunningdale GC Robinson L
Sunningdale GC Thompson L
Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
The National GC L mthunt
Mississaugua GC L mthunt
Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
Markland Woods CC mthunt
Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
Magna GC L mthunt
Barrie CC L mthunt
mthunt Range
Comment
-
Let's keep wind for this tournament and have it off for the remaining events. Anyone oppose?Originally posted by mthunt View PostIt seems a lot of people aren't turning on wind by accident or maybe by choice. The fairest and easiest thing is for everyone to turn it off.
Comment
-
I'm good with that. I had my best round so far with the highest wind @ round one of this tournament. So I might just keep it on lol.Last edited by Sascha1818; 03-11-2016, 09:27 AM.
-
-
I like that idea too, its not bad and is definitely fun at it at times, but agree with TRenn and maybe just waiting until it can be automated might be the best playOriginally posted by Bubba22 View Post
Let's keep wind for this tournament and have it off for the remaining events. Anyone oppose?
Comment
-
I'm gonna miss when the stars align and you get a 20mph wind at your back on a wide open, dead straight par 5.
Although when that happens, I usually get excited, overswing, and hook it 40 yards left of the fairway.
Nevermind, I'm good with wind off.
Comment
-
So heads up, I had to use a rewind shot in round 1 last night. my par putt on 10. I got my first phantom putt as I was walking past the skytrak unit. It sent the ball 20 feet past the hole.
Comment
-
I had no idea that it was not automatically set! I have wind on by default in my settings.Originally posted by Vincent_Vega View Post
Exactly. I'm sure there are people who arent even active on here that find the tournaments just by searching in TGC. Unless they know what the symbol for wind is on the tournament summary screen, there's no way they'd know to turn it on. I don't know, just an observation.
Comment
-
Bubba, Makes sense. I like having the wind especially when you have 20 mph at your back on a Par 5. Swingharder forgot to mention .... elevated tee and a down sloping fairway. I really have to try to increase my launch angle on those. After this event, I am ok with it off until they can lock it in for the tournament.
Comment
-
I played my first round yesterday. The wind was already on, but wasn't a huge deal. It did get up with 20+ mph at times, but most of the time it was 10-15. Had a couple of bad shots, but overall I was very happy with the outcome as my game is really starting to improve. Wish my driver had been working as well as it has in the past couple of weeks. I was kind of all over the place with it. Thankfully the course is pretty wide open.
Funny shot of the day was the driver on hole 3 I believe it is that has the two bridges in the middle of the fairway. I tried to drive it over the chasm and put a fade on it, which I didn't really want to do. Thankfully I did because it faded right onto the right-side bridge and bounced onto the other side :-) WHEW . . . Looking forward to playing again today.Last edited by MainStGolf; 03-10-2016, 05:17 PM.
Comment
-
-
I just finished my 3rd round. I couldn't turn on the wind from within my round as there was no access to the controls. I am not certain where to do this before the round, but honestly I forgot to look. If this is a problem please DQ me for this week....However, I'm sure I didn't exactly top the leaderboard. Sorry all.
Comment
-
Everyone. To turn wind on is easy. Open up TGC and play a course (not tournament). Go to Settings and turn wind on. Exit game and join the game under Tournaments. Your previous saved settings will remain. You can't turn Wind on during the tournament because that section in settings is locked.
So just remember, setup all the tournament settings in a non tournament round, exit and join the tournament. Same with the gimme putt settings and distance. Set those in another game before joining tournament.
But until they can set these conditions and lock them I would not require wind in future tournaments because too many people aren't playing with it on.
Comment
-
ProTee United , I have a question. at myonlinegolftour.com I can see the full leaderboard for each of the finished tour events. But for the global leaderboard I can only see the top 10. Is there a way to view the whole global leaderboard ?
Comment
Comment