X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2016/2017 TOUR Schedule

RULES AND GUIDELINES

Purpose
    To offer an online league format that facilitates all that we enjoy about playing the Sport of Golf. To make Tournament settings on each round that compare to PGA standards.

Integrity
    Golf is a sport of honesty, all players are expected not to treat this like a game but treat it as if you were actually participating in live Events. Please do not cheat or manipulate the Game to give yourself and advantage. We encourage play with other online players but one can play by themselves or with a ghost ball. Scores get automatically added via TGC API so no need to enter scores. Mulligans are allowed only if there is a miss read or hardware/game error. Multiple simulator platforms will be in play.

I am excited about Oakland Hills.. played there last year.. walked it this year at the US Am..

Comment

was there ever a change decided on for KPC Beta? that course is pretty unfun

Comment

• wbond
        wbond commented
        Editing a comment
        Especially when you can't reach the first fairway off the tee. Ugh life of the short hitter. I hope they can get a medium length version very soon.

Currently there is no shorter version. I have only played a couple of holes but the recreation seems to be very accurate. I played both Kapalua courses in the 90's but not from the tips. I recently checked for a shorter version but couldn't find one.

Comment

Agreed, it was spot on from what I remember playing

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          It is awesome when we are playing a great recreation at the same time as the pros. You can really appreciate how accurate their approach shots are compared to us. Kapalua Bay is an accurate recreation with exception of the trees..... too much overhang into the fairways. But elevation and bunkers were perfect. Except that there is no lava feature in the course designer..... I think that hole 4 had a ton of lava on the right of the dogleg. Both courses are great and a must play if anyone ever goes to Maui. I know that it is too long for the average player but we are trying to please everyone with our course selections. We did a poll a while back and accuracy was more important than playable distance. Certainly if a 6500 yard KPC comes out, we would be retiring this long version.

Originally posted by wbond View Post
        KPC Beta is a beast 7400yds. Many 500+ yd par 4's, 660 yd par 5. Even playing 100' downhill they are long.
        THIS needs replacing especially if WBond thinks so ! !!

Comment

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh boy. Sounds fun.

• wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          ????? Don't understand post but Whatever
          Last edited by wbond; 12-31-2016, 10:10 PM.

Just figured that if you thought it was long, I am in trouble on that course........................

Comment

• wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok gotcha wasn't sure exactly what you meant. It's going to be interesting that week for sure. It's an awesome course and really well done. Would be a great one to get modified for a protee version.

Mr Palmer is going to make some cry next week. Damn, such a tough and awesome track. 18 holes of postage stamps. Sharpen the grooves for some flop shots next week....every miss is a short side here

Comment

Originally posted by Thinman View Post
          Mr Palmer is going to make some cry next week. Damn, such a tough and awesome track. 18 holes of postage stamps. Sharpen the grooves for some flop shots next week....every miss is a short side here
          That course is actually not bad. We've used it before
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

• Wyzyguy
            Wyzyguy commented
            Editing a comment
            We played PGA West last night as a group.. it wasn't pretty...

do you guys typically play 7000+ courses in real life? this is all for fun right?

Comment

• mthunt
            mthunt commented
            Editing a comment
            I play 7000 IRL

I personally play from the tips. The 5 courses I play the most range from 6500 to 7k. Anything over 7k is long for anyone. Most of the courses are 6200-7k that we pick.

We definitely try to mix it up. For example.....last time we played the palmer course, it was about 500 yards shorter. The next two courses are 7k and 6500. Last time we played Pebble beach it was 6200 or so if I remember it correctly. The next time we play PB it will be 7000. Courses like PB play totally different from those two yardages. As you know, it is impossible to please everyone all the time. The last time we played Palmer.... there were only about 20 players in the tournament. No complaints....yeah it was a tough course. With the feedback we received this time around, we will take it off the list of filler courses. This latest version had really tough pin placements. When choosing the courses, we take into account...... how long it is, how accurate to real life, how well it plays, did we play it before. If we played it before, we usually try a different version. The latest Palmer had terrible pin placements.... I don't think that any of us actually played the full 18 of that version.... if we did, we probably would have went with the same version as last year. I don't know what our average length is, but I would guess that it is around 6500. Everyone is welcome to test the courses on the list well in advance and provide feedback. Most of time feedback is received too late to make any changes.

As for the palmer course..... if the greens were 50% bigger that would make a big difference for most. We have TPC Stadium Scottsdale Protee coming up....... can anyone tell me if the fairways are that wide IRL....... I felt like I was on a driving range for most of the holes. Sometimes they make the protee versions wider and easier. Take KPC for example..... there was no alternative to the 7400 yard version. But it sure was fun watching the pros on the same course as us...... especially 18. I played that course IRL from about 6600 yards....It's a great course.

Comment

• Sledge0001
            Sledge0001 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think any course should be taken off the table because it's tough... I am a high handicapper and enjoy challenging myself. I really had a tough time with the Palmer Track but I wouldn't want to see it removed.

Hell when I played Riviera Country Club in real life I had a terrible day but I wouldn't dare say I won't go back someday and take another crack at it.

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            There are many different versions of this course. Last year's version would have been better received by the masses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4665.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	99096

This is the 16th hole. The TPC Scottsdale stadium course is pretty generous in the fairways. Remember that when they play the PGA tournament there they pack in 250,000 people around it so they probably narrow the fairways a bit to accommodate the crowds.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Boerdoc; 01-22-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

New pic of 16

Comment

• keither5150
              keither5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice! I would love to play there...... It is a little bit of a drive from Airdrie Canada.

small and or sloping greens, lots of water, tons of bunkers...these are all fun things that make a course tough.

the problem with these longer courses is that a there are too many 450+ par 4s that are built in bogeys for many of us imo.

Comment

Working...
            X