help with light and H cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with light and H cam

Can someone tell me if the main sensor light should be directly over the T location or in the center of the main sensor pad and how far from that light to the H Cam

https://proteegolfsimulator.com/setup/ this will explain all

Comment

The video says directly over the sensor. It does not stipulate exactly where that is, but the center is just behind the hitting area. It does look like the light is centered around the sensor. It also says when the second light is installed make sure they do not overlap. I think this is out of date and the lights should just overlap.

Comment

with no disrespect those videos aren't detailed enough they dont even talk about h cam placement I need details I read prints and have a tape measure in my hand daily. I shot center of pad with a laser and hung light on center. just not sure that is correct wish they were more specific with layout .

Comment

Hmmm, yes I have the same observation. I would have to say based on the video one only has to be close, although setup is often the accused when misreads are encountered. I take it you just got your unit? I've had mine for a couple of weeks now.

Comment

I bought my unit back in the beginning of December just recently getting around to building it as I am building it in my warehouse . I Head to build a make shift ceiling for it as my warehouse has 25' ceilings that's why I was just looking for more concrete measurements and specifics because once I close this thing up my access will be limited I really do appreciate all of the talk on this forum lot of you guys are amazing and I've learned so much from reading it And somewhat confused lol

Comment

OK one more question and I'm moving on this thing does the height of the H Cam matter? What I mean is should be even with the bottom of your lights How far from the ceiling down does your H Cam han?

Comment

Good questions and there are not exact answers, I know you will not like that but each installation is so different there is not "one size fits all".

As to the height, it depends on the power of your bulb, the reflection quality of the turf, etc. I believe anywhere between 9 ft and 12 ft will get the job done if you are picking up good images. Best thing to do is get the camera up there temporarily and check out the image. Get the ball in the red square and then use your judgement. Also depends on what resolution you use.

My best advice on the hcam is get a good universal mount that will allow you to easily move it around and then locks down really tight.

Again, not set answer, it's all about getting good streaks on the camera and the light over the hitting pad is all about getting a CRISP/CLEAR shadow of the club head.

Comment

thanks for the response this kind of puts my crazy mind at ease ! do you think it will be a problem if my h cam is a 1/2 lower than the bottom of my lights? my crazy questions are just do to the way my ceiling will be covered. I am using the lights provided by protee and enclosing the ceiling in a black fabric if temperature allows.

Comment

No I do not. In fact, my lights are recessed into my ceiling and my camera is about 6-10 inches below ceiling.

Comment

perfect thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                      X