Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

Ball placement- Protee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball placement- Protee

Protee system directions say the ball should always be placed on the white tee.

On my mat, that means the ball will be "sitting down" in a little bit of a hole when not using an actual golf tee. Do people use tees for every shot so that the ball is sitting flush with the top of the turf?

I do not have a putting sensor, but plan to putt with the normal swing sensor matt. I can't imagine trying to putt from the ball in that position. In addition I feel like when putting the ball is just going to bump up when it rolls over the front sensors. Can someone without the putting sensor explain how that works?

I'm still in the middle of my build and just got my system delivered this week.

Thanks

I find the Protee mat unrealistic to hit off of unless you are talking about thick bermuda rough. It feels like a tight thick lie and not at all what I play on.
    I might suggest you search for - Drop in Brush Range Tee. I use the tall one. It's not perfect and one can still hit fat shots. These have to be adjusted after each hit because it moves around, but to me the feel is much closer to real grass. You have to put these in from the bottom. The top of the brushes sets just above the Protee mat, by about a 1/3 of a millimeter. These tees are hollow in the center and the bottom of the ball sets about at mat height. All I can suggest is give these a try and see what you think. A fairly low cost option. I also use rubber tees that sit on the mat. I find I have to place some friction tape on these to break up the reflection.

Comment

I used to use these when I had my protee https://www.p3proswing.com/site3/acc...s-friction-tee

but it appears they are out of stock and since they are out of business I don’t know if they will be getting any more. Maybe you can call and find there supplier.

Comment

I should have just waited until I set everything up. Now that my system is installed, I really don't mind hitting from the white spot. It feels pretty natural to me.

Comment

Hmmm, well I would not have suspected that outcome, but hey play well.

Comment

The ball will sit on top of the turf. If pushed onto the mat it could nestle.
            over time with use and wear these bristles will soften and the ball could nestle a little. I twist the bristle and ball sits fine again

Comment

Working...
            X