This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Install a Protee Golf Simulator

Discuss "How To's" and installation tips and tricks.

The cameras are not used when putting.

Comment

Originally posted by "Zmax" post=963
      With the VCam on the right for a right hander, the club face and shaft will leave brighter streaks. It might work fine, but putting it on the left will definitely work better.

The VCam will be about 2 feet when using method PT5 or 2' 2" when using PT1, from the tee location. The hcam is about 2.7 feet from the tee location.
      Are these dimensions from the front of the hitting sensor? Also, you say the lights need to be directly above the sensors, but the protee dimensions show the light a little behind the sensor angled down towards the screen. Also, what are the 2 methods? Thanks.

Comment

Dimensions are from the main sensor's tee location(the white rubber tee holder).

Use my recommendations for the lights.

The two camera analysis methods were discussed in the Protee software section here.

Comment

Updated.

Comment

Attachments fixed

Comment

ZMAX. I'm new to the forum but have had the pro tee for a year. Windows did an update yesterday and threw my system into a puke. I was lost so I completely restored my computer back to its original settings. I 're-installed the software and was able to get my new activation info from Dennis overnight. There is a problem with my COM and the computer isn't seeing the sensor pad now. I'm flipping out cause there is a party here today and I can't get this thing rolling. Can u help me?

Comment

Often it's the USB controller. Restart your system. Make sure you have th appropriate drivers http://csc.protee-united.com/entries...rial-converter

Comment

I am thinking about buying the protee base sensor because the price is so high. Just with the club sensor it's $3500 which is a huge chunk of change for me. My question is if I buy the base sensor and finally pay it off can I just add the cameras at anytime and hook them up and it will work? Or is there some other massively more expensive thing I have to do to upgrade?

Comment

Yes, you can add cameras at any time. Just need the cameras, lenses, and active USB extension cables. I would recommend looking at the classified for used ProTees.

Comment

would i need to buy 2 set of senors and cameras if i was going to do a right and left handed tee box?

Comment

Scolla3000, with ProTee you only need 1 sensor system. You should place this in the middle of your room, approx 10' away from the screen. Both left and right handed players will be able to play. You do not need to do anything special. If you tell TGC you are a left handed player, the system will automatically adapt.

Every base kit (including the TGC 2015 pack) comes with a vertical launch camera, which you place on either the left or the right side of the room.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PTG-Dimensions2.0.jpg
Views:	1667
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	39622

Comment

Looking at this tread i can not decide if the Vcam optimal position is to be mounted on the left or on the right side. Vance says left (old post) and Protee says any side. Which side is the best?

Comment

• inorkuo
                            inorkuo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            if you are a righty, it's best to put it on the left (behind you). if you put it on the right, the camera sees your whole lower body and it can mess with ball detection. if it's behind you, you only get a bit of your left leg. i did it on both sides and it does work either way but it definitely works better from behind.

• Olevear
                            Olevear commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you inorkuo.Just the kind of answer i was looking for.

Is there a step by step installation sequence for base pack 2? I am thinking of when to install software, connect sensors etc.? Also would like to know what the 2nd cable for the sensor mat is? Hope someone can help. Thanks

Comment

• aeroburner
                            aeroburner commented
                            Editing a comment
                            one cable is for the power and the other is for usb

• Olevear
                            Olevear commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you aeroburner. I noticed it when i unwrapped the power supply..... :-)

The link includes the software instructions. I believe the hardware instructions are on the thumb drive/dvd that comes with the package.

The ProTee Golf Simulator Base Pack 2. What's in the box.http://www.protee-united.com

The youtube explains the contents. There are other videos on this youtube channel as well. Hope that helps, it did for me.

Comment

• Olevear
                            Olevear commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks Boerdoc. Looks like a pretty old video and sounds like Dennis :-). I was looking for a step by step installation description. I am now just guessing that i will install the drivers (which i just did) for the cameras first, then the portal? then the Protee 2.0 that came on the stick (not CD), then the TGC from the stick. So i am also guessing that i will connect the sensors and the cameras to the PC, then install the portal? (then protee 2.0, then TGC....)
                        Working...
                        X