TGC 2019 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2019 Release

Ok, I don't want to be like the twitters out there asking every day when, when when...lol. But I was curious if there is any semi public (in this forum) communication that could be had about the potential release schedule for the simulator version of TGC.

I'm hoping things are on track for "a few months" as I think it was mentioned before.

Going to be amazing, going from TGC1 to 2019 on the simulator I think! The graphics are going to be great, physics, whatever cool stuff ProTee is going to add on top! Can't wait.

The way I understand it is HB Studios employs the programmers who write the video game. They have contracted with 2K Games to publish the game which includes stuff like promoting it and getting it into customers' hands. Protee makes launch monitors but also employs programmers who modify the video game (under some sort of licensing agreement) to accept launch monitor data instead of clicks from a mouse.

TGC will work with Skytrak only if it is purchased through Skygolf. If you have changed from Skytrak to another launch monitor, Protee will transfer the license to work with your new compatible hardware (Protee system, GC2, etc.). You cannot transfer the license from other hardware to Skytrak. And your license will only work with one hardware setup.

Comment

Originally posted by andygg1986 View Post
      The way I understand it is HB Studios employs the programmers who write the video game. They have contracted with 2K Games to publish the game which includes stuff like promoting it and getting it into customers' hands. Protee makes launch monitors but also employs programmers who modify the video game (under some sort of licensing agreement) to accept launch monitor data instead of clicks from a mouse.

TGC will work with Skytrak only if it is purchased through Skygolf. If you have changed from Skytrak to another launch monitor, Protee will transfer the license to work with your new compatible hardware (Protee system, GC2, etc.). You cannot transfer the license from other hardware to Skytrak. And your license will only work with one hardware setup.
      So if I purchase the steam/pc version of "The Golf Club 2019" to play with now using a controller I would still need purchase a different "sim" version when that comes out in order to use a ProTee or Skytrak?

Comment

• andygg1986
        andygg1986 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, the steam version is something like $40. The sim version is $800-$1000 depending on which system you have and if you can catch it on sale. For Skytrak, you also have to pay a yearly fee of either $100 or $200 to Skygolf to allow it to be used with any simulation software.
    Working...
    X