ReShade Baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReShade Baby!

Shardak Hey there, I moved the topic away from TGC2019. So I got ReShade to this point in the screenshot, but no farther. I hit home key to remove this ReShade box. (is that wrong does it turn it off?) Then start TGC. Shift +F2 does nothing when Im in- game. What do you think?Click image for larger version

Name:	20190116_000211.jpg
Views:	7800
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	179377 g

Laptop. I tried shift-f2, f2, home, shift-home.

I will try the func. What am I looking for, dialogue box?

Comment

• simmb
      simmb commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah will pop up with the reshade config screen. Should show you what plugins you have installed and active. My reshade does not mention F2 so it's shift and Home together or if your laptop home is shared with pgup or something then shift, function and home altogether.
      Also some laptops have two home keys one on the number 7 and another somewhere else so have a look for another home button maybe?

Did you install it by accident on TGC 1?
    when you start the software I think there is indication that reshade is running and you would see that at the top briefly and it disappears. If you don't see that you may not have installed it at the right place. I haven't tried for 2019 so I'll live through your foibles for the moment . I have to say you strike me as addicted as me to this whole sim universe

couldn't help yourself need to get some fake HDR now and tweak on that do you lol

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
      triplebogeysrbetter commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure. I put in the TGC 2019 folder location.

The YouTube videos will show you some of what you're looking for

Comment

I know at first made the mistake of of attaching it to the ProTee interface

Comment

Should pop up this or something similar

Comment

I've never heard of or used Reshade. Does it make that big of a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by chriscwhite View Post
          I've never heard of or used Reshade. Does it make that big of a difference?
          Can make a big difference depending on what plugins you use. I only have fake HDR and adaptive sharpen active. Not sure if you can really see from the screenshots but it is noticable.

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
            Editing a comment
            Oh my god!!!!

• FaultyClubs
            FaultyClubs commented
            Editing a comment
            It's noticeable but the Reshade looks oversharpened with too much contrast on my system.

The HDR doesn't seem to work since the shadows become excessively black and lose detail which is the opposite of real HDR. Does the HDR have tone mapping settings? If so, try reducing the low end of the histogram to keep the shadows from going so black and increasing mid-tone contrast.. Local contrast enhancement can give it some extra pop if it has such a setting.

That prickly, oversharpened look is way too much for me. But it would depend on the screen and projector so you may be seeing it differently.

• simmb
            simmb commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I know where you are coming from, those screen shots are from my laptop screen and look different through the projector, not so prickly and dark.

trippplebogey when you first download and install it make sure you point it at

\ProgramData\ProTee United\TGC Simulator\TGCSim_Data\Game19\golf.exe

You will know straight away if it works when you load up 2019 you will get a reshade dialog pop up across the top of the screen. Just checked again and all I need to do to bring up the settings is press the function button and home, shift is not needed. If you have a dedicated home button then just home should do the trick.

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
            Editing a comment
            Got it. Yup installed it in the "Game" folder.

Can I just delete those folder to uninstall?

• simmb
            simmb commented
            Editing a comment
            Just delete the files d3d11.dll or dxgi.dll, d3d11.log,dxgi.log and reshade.ini. (back them up just in case)
            Then if you want to re-install just re-run the re-shade installer.

If for some reason TGC crashes on launch, take a look in that Game19 folder and see if you have a file called dxgi.dll and rename that to d3d11.dll and try again.

simmb that was the ticket. I renamed the DLL and it stopped crashing. Thank you! Only seeing a few plugins from from Shark mentioned. Def can see a difference.

Comment

• simmb
            simmb commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad you got it working.

You've now triggered me to want to install once again on 2019.

besides Clarity or HDR let me know if you guys got any favs

Comment

Thanks for this post. I just set this up on TGC and the graphics look 100% better. I wanted to repost everything I did to help others regarding setup/configuration.

ReShade Setup/Configuration

1) Download/Install ReShade from https://reshade.me/
            2) Click to browse to C:\ProgramData\ProTee United\TGC Simulator\TGCSim_Data\Game
            3) Select golf.exe
            4) Click to download plugins
            5) Select these plugins only. The others you don't need:
            - Colourfulness
            - FakeHDR
            - Luma Sharpen
            - Clarity
            - Vibrance
            - Levels

Adjust the settings as needed. I changed the following matching what Shardak suggested.

Plugin = Colourfulness
            colourfulness = 0.150
            lim_luma = 0.500

Plugin = FakeHDR
            Power = 1.220
            Radius 1 = 0.720
            Radius 2 = 0.790

NOTE: To open the menu console the first time I had to click "Home" button on my computer. Others mentioned Shift F3. Below is how you can change the keyboard button mapping once you get it opened.

6) Click on Settings tab.
            - Under "Overlay Key" click mouse on row and you can select a keyboard button to map. This button opense the
            ReShade console.

- Under "Effects Toggle key" click mouse on row and select a keyboard button to map. This button turns on/off the
            effects during game play.

See attached image for screenshot of settings.

Video Link for info:
            Battlegrounds RESHADE GUIDE! How to install ReShade on PUBG and the best settings to make PUBG look amazing! Best Graphics on Battlegrounds! :)ReShade Downlo...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ReShade Settings.jpg
Views:	2925
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	181729

Comment

• DejaVu
              DejaVu commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice write up. It installed and works great and is mind blowing. However, I can't find where to adjust the colourfulness, fakeHDR, etc settings as you guys suggest. All of the plugins are there, under the home tab, but no options other than to enable/disable them. Nothing in settings either that I have been able to find. I have version 4.5.3 Thanks mthunt any ideas either?

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t know. I set mine up a long time ago and it looks like a different version.

• DejaVu
              DejaVu commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks mthunt The stock reshade settings are a huge improvement, so it's not a big deal. I'm actually not sure how they could look any better. Game changer for sure using it.

Thanks for the write up. That's what I found that I didn't discover other variables useful besides the ones you listed also. So I'm not going to bother looking this time then.
            ​​​​​​
            I think the values vary though somewhat setup to setup (projector, screen ect) Also at least in TGC1 the implementation you want seemed very course specific.

Comment

So far I have not bested the output of my projector with ReShade for 2019. Environments are so varied though I'm sure it will still come in handy

Comment

Hey all

I followed the directions a number of you have posted, but I think I'm missing something. When I go through and install in ReShade in this folder --> C:\ProgramData\ProTee United\TGC Simulator\TGCSim_Data\Game everything seems fine. But when I go to actually play the game I get the "what resolution do you want?" screen (like normal), but when I click Play I get a white screen and the program doesn't load...it just goes back to the Protee config screen. If I click Play Game it does the same thing. One big loop seemingly. I contacted Protee and they said to try without ReShade (and that works fine) but TGC won't load for me if I have ReShade installed. I really want to give it a try. Have others installed/updated to version 4.1.1 and had things work fine? Anybody have other ideas? Appreciate any help.

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
                  Editing a comment
                  If for some reason TGC crashes on launch, take a look in that Game19 folder and see if you have a file called dxgi.dll and rename that to d3d11.dll and try again.

• Solstice72
                  Solstice72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The version 4.1 works for a 2019. I don't know about TGC 1 because in December when I first did it for TGC one it worked satisfactorily but it was on the last week's of
                  version 3's existence.

• wizpiz
                  wizpiz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Perfect....that works. Thank you. Saw it in another post, but 19 was referenced so I ignored it I guess.

I installed ReShade for 2019 and it is quite nifty. I was wondering if I need to install a second ReShade for the original TGC? (I still use TGC as well asTGC2019)

Or can I "point" the ReShade I have now to the original TGC too? Can one ReShade install be pointed at both TGC and TGC2019??

Comment

• mthunt
                  mthunt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't think the original needs it but I believe it'll work with anything.

• trhuke
                  trhuke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks MT! Thought I'd give it a look just to see what difference it makes. I still play the original TGC quite a bit.
              Working...
              X