• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak v2.6.1 Official Release

2.6.1 Release Notes

- Added new Bag Mapping feature to Game Improvement
    - Added Dispersion Circles to the Practice Range and to Shot History
    - Added Camera Offset adjustment to camera settings (changes where the ball launches on screen)
    - Revised Overhead Plotting Grid
    - Revised Settings Menu
    - Fixed ‘Remember Me’ bug (forgetting app login credentials)
    - Fixed Units of Measurement issues in Challenges
    - Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

here's the video:

Software download: http://www.skytrakgolf.com/download
    Last edited by SkyTrak_Seth; 03-30-2017, 07:27 PM.

Originally posted by KerrHughes View Post
    Reading other threads people were complaining about alignment mode not being accurate. As I understand it the cameras are perfectly aligned with the front of unit but the lasers had a bit wiggle room. The lasers were never intended to be perfectly aligned and were just only for a ball placement guide.

Easy to align the unit with 2 alignment sticks.
    Mine was absolutely spot on for alignment. That and a laser level and I knew I was lined up correctly. I'm not going to download the update unless forced.

This also looks like another Skytrak update where some things are masked! Remember the last one with the price increase. Just a little shaddy!

Comment

• bennyg211
      bennyg211 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, this function was never very reliable for most and wa a quick bolt on, so they removed it. I believe they are working on something else that will be more robust and work across all units, regardless off the build tolerances. I think that implies making use of the cameras in some fashion, but I guess we'll see. Not sure when they plan to implement this, but I'm sure @Skytrak will give us an idea when the time is right.

• SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      No masking of anything. Explanations are below. Happy to accommodate if it's really something you guys use.

IMO it was a bad idea to kill the alignment dots without putting something else in place first. I don't use the alignment dots for alignment but I know there are people that do. I hate to see a guy lose that ability when he has been operating that way to date. Hopefully SkyTrak will implement a better alignment solution soon...

Comment

• N54TT
      N54TT commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. I for one was one of the users that testing showed my alignment dots to be accurate (use of leveling laser going through dots onto impact net, balls hit on that line showed center on skytrak). I think after time it started to show how loose the build tolerances are in the units...and now they decided to just scrap it. Which is fine....but there should have been something to replace it with...before scrapping. I've updated the app on my ipad....but will not update my iphone....just so I can still have the alignment dots if/when needed.

• DirtyGarry24
      DirtyGarry24 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're the first person I thought of when I read about the feature being removed. You have brought up a great tip though to avoid losing this altogether if a person has already updated. Hopefully others will read your post and take note!

Bag mapping feature is just what I wanted, Fantastic!

Comment

SkyTrak_Seth not a big deal, but on my exported bag mapping PDF the first two pages are missing the ball tracer lines. They showed up on my iPad before I exported them, they just don't show up on the PDF. Thanks for the update and staying active on the forum.

Comment

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too. Otherwise love the changes to the app!

• SkyTrak_Seth
        SkyTrak_Seth commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm..ok, will take a look!

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah - did it again today. Hardly a deal breaker - you can see them on screen, just not in the export. One for the bug-list.

Awesome news Seth, can't wait to try this out!

Comment

I addressed alignment mode in a comment on Page 2. But to cover all the rest of the responses related to it...we removed it to avoid confusion because there are people out there where the dots may not be perfectly lined up. Not an issue with the unit, just trying to make it do something it wasn't really intended for. That said, it the feature is still in demand, I'm totally fine to put it back. It may be better suited to live in the unit leveling screen anyway.

Comment

• awisnia
          awisnia commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't use them - makes perfect sense why they are sometimes imperfect with regards to aligning the machine. Like other camera systems, the ball needs to start in an approximately sweet spot to make sure that the system triggers, and the ball is in focus when the camera sees it. This is not an exact requirement, a little bit in any direction doesn't seem to make fatal difference. (except maybe for picking up very high or low launch angles) Cool idea to use an inexpensive laser to show the approximate location AND indicate when it's ready to shoot. Certainly better than a cardboard template and, imo, less sexy, but easier than the "looking for ball" type.

My best guess is that somebody turned them both on during development and got the idea to "simplify" alignment and add a feature. In reality. the manufacturing tolerances of low-cost lasers are fine for the "put the ball here" task, but not for aligning the unit, There's probably a +/- 25mm allowable ball/case position variance for capturing the ball flight. However, to have a 1 degree accuracy in alignment, you need to be within 1 degrees with those two lasers. Over the 300 mm or so that the two dots cover, that's (about) ~300*sin(1) = ~5 mm. That's the thickness of a few pennies. It likely matters which blade of fake grass the beam actually hits. And, since the beams are at an angle to the case, it matters if the unit is level along the target line. Also, I assume the factory tuning of the units are to the case, not the placement dots.

All of this adds up to the case being much more reliable as a reference. I use an alignment stick that's referenced to the front of the SkyTrak. (with a case, before that, tape)

• StanMI
          StanMI commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with your thoughts on the lasers not being intended to fulfill this puopose, BUT, when I line uo both dots with a laser level to my line of attack with the ball I am dead on with what I see on screen.

You are absolutely right about being careful to line it up with the correct blade of fake grass.m it does make a difference.
          Last edited by StanMI; 04-02-2017, 02:56 AM. Reason: Spell check can't even make my spelling correct

• SkyTrak_Seth
          SkyTrak_Seth commented
          Editing a comment
          That is spot-on awisnia. Thanks for the explanation!

Forgive me if this has been addressed in other areas. Can you tell us if the shot delay will ever be shorter? I even noticed that the newer R-Motion has a .5 second shot delay.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
          SkyTrak_Seth commented
          Editing a comment
          For the time being, I wouldn't look forward to it. We are pretty much maxed out in that regard. And R-Motion doesn't do any image analysis, so it's comparing apples to oranges.

• Jasonstanley
          Jasonstanley commented
          Editing a comment
          The skytrak delay isn't an issue for me but is it not possible to have an option where by as soon as you trigger the machine it guesses where the ball flight based in the club you selected , so you get instant launch flight on screen, when skytrak calculates after 3 seconds it then changes to follow view with the correct flight parameters, obviously it will look strange if you bladed a shot but it might be just an idea. Also, I think it would be nice to have the option of adding sound effects when striking the ball as in TGC etc

• SkyTrak_Seth
          SkyTrak_Seth commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, we thought about something similar to that, but I don't think it would be a good experience with side angle involved and mishits.

will this be released for the android version also?

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
          SkyTrak_Seth commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah. I'm planning on making the official Android release coincide with the follow-up release to v2.6.1 (v2.6.2). From then on, everything will stay in sync between iOS/PC/Android.

SkyTrak_Seth loving the offset camera option. Now I can use the SkyTrak range again!!!

Comment

Any idea why my shot plotting chart is always blank, my history chart show all the numbers but the map always blank

Comment

• GungHoGolf
            GungHoGolf commented
            Editing a comment
            Pretty sure it used to show all shots there by default. It's a pain to go back and manually select all the shots. At least give us a Select All button on the data screen. (Which reminds me - what's the white rectangle at the top of the shot data table, which looks like a button but does nothing?)

• KerrHughes
            KerrHughes commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you mean the shot colour rectangle? If selecting more than one club in practice mode it changes colour to match the tracer for that club.

• SkyTrak_Seth
            SkyTrak_Seth commented
            Editing a comment
            Regarding the white rectangle - that's the shot tracer color. We do have a 'plot averages' button for each club, but I can also see the benefit of a 'plot all'.

Originally posted by ste1010
          Any idea why my shot plotting chart is always blank, my history chart show all the numbers but the map always blank
          I think you may need to select the shots you want to plot. That's what I've found at least.

Comment

Probably a dumb question. How do I see the dispersion circles after I've hit a bunch of shots? If I'm in range mode, I can see them on the 45* view, but it's not terribly useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawley View Post
              Probably a dumb question. How do I see the dispersion circles after I've hit a bunch of shots? If I'm in range mode, I can see them on the 45* view, but it's not terribly useful.
              You just need to use follow the ball or 45 degree view. You can also see them in the overhead view. For v2.6.2, I'm adding them to the plotting screens as well.

Comment

I'm having a problem with the new release and was wondering if anyone else has it too. When on the driving range, once I select a green and the distance of the green, I can not access the menu again to move the green later in my practice session. The practice green settings button that is initially on the left hand side of the screen disappears after setting up a green.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                  SkyTrak_Seth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ah, there was another bug with practice greens we are working on...let me verify it and I'll slip this one in as well.

Originally posted by palms13 View Post
                I'm having a problem with the new release and was wondering if anyone else has it too. When on the driving range, once I select a green and the distance of the green, I can not access the menu again to move the green later in my practice session. The practice green settings button that is initially on the left hand side of the screen disappears after setting up a green.
                I noticed this on my last practice session, used to be able to set another green any time, not now it seems.

Comment

Working...
                X