POLL: SkyTrak Calculated Club Data Inclusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: SkyTrak Calculated Club Data Inclusion

Some of you have had the opportunity to test out the new v3.1 beta and I'd like to get your feedback on a very high level.

Given that there are integration options for enhanced accuracy on certain values, and that SkyTrak club data calculations are based on center-struck shots and are our "best guess" as to what the club was doing during the shot, do you all feel like it is a worthwhile inclusion to the app? I will preface this by saying that if you choose not to utilize this club data, you can always just switch to the alternate graphic showing side and top profiles (opposed to club data) and still be able to utilize the advanced Shot Optimzer in the club data screen.

I would have loved to test it out as I do hit on a GC2/gcquad once in a while during my lessons. By integration options are you referring to skypro? I would assume so since club insights is basically only a best guess as well. If I’m correct Skypro only gives CHS, AOA and dynamic loft. The other data which I think most will find useful, path and face to path, would be best guess whether skytrak calculated or club insights....and skypro isn’t able to enhance the accuracy of that data. How accurate those are to ones typical club data... only the people testing can chime in on.
    If it’s accurate enough I would like to have that option to include in the app. If club data ends up being nixed, at the very least I think peak height and angle of decent should be ball data that’s shown.

Comment

more data the better, i even if its a best guess... i look at visual aspect of a picture before i see the numbers... i love it & hope it is included as a pop up after the shot for a number of seconds.

Comment

Downloaded it last night and think it is a good thing to have a split screen would be great or a pop up of data for a few seconds would be good also
        Never noticed much data difference for SkyTrak data to insights data

Comment

I think it’s worth it. Vote for a user selected time for the info to popup.

Comment

• CintiGolfer
            CintiGolfer commented
            Editing a comment
            Ditto for both.

• Clevited
            Clevited commented
            Editing a comment
            Ditto number 2

I normally hit with impact tape on my club so if I see the shot is way off the toe or close to the hozel I can just disregard the data.
          side note why can’t I see the poll? I am on a iPad.

Comment

• butette
            butette commented
            Editing a comment
            Just curious, but how useful is it to hit on Skytrak with impact tape on which totally change the spin profile (a lot less spin) and Skytrak accuracy is totally dependent on what spin numbers it gets.

If the Skytrak data source is not accurate on all shots, I feel it shouldn't be in there. Not too many golfers hit off the center on a consistent basis and from what I'm gathering the Skytrak's interpreted data is inaccurate when that happens.

If the Skypro, R-Motion or Club Insights simply has way more accurate data that SUPPLEMENTS or makes the data more accurate on the Skytrak then I feel those should be the options.

However, it really comes down to Skytrak's development team testing how accurate the Skytrak interpreted data is vs. the other sources. If it is inaccurate in any way, I feel it shouldn't be in there.

Again, only Skytrak is going to know how accurate the interpreted data stacks up against the top end LMs so I do HOPE that the Skytrak interpreted data is in there but, as said above, if inaccurate then I personally wouldn't put it in there if there are other options.

Comment

I agree that the more data the better. BUT, we have to be confident that the data coming out is accurate. I actually took my skytrak to a lesson with a top Scottish Golf coach who has Trackman 4 and he was impressed with how accurate the numbers were compared to the (obviously) more accurate Trackman. However, the numbers trackman gives which we don't get with Skytrack is the club data. If your data is almost there, then I think we should use it, but you need to highlight that if the ball is not centre struck then the data isn't accurate, if that's the case.
            [FONT=comic sans ms][B]GerryAyrshire[/B][/FONT]
            [FONT=comic sans ms]member at Rowallan Castle Golf Club
            SkyTrak with The Golf Club
            TGC Username - GerryB[/FONT]

Comment

In my opinion, bad data is worst than no data. A best guess/calculation with a lot of assumption will yield some bad data. I do and will ignore club data derived from ball data. I don't think SkyTrak club speed is accurate for my normal strike.
              For inexpensive club data (speed, path and angle of attack) I use m-Tracer.
              Last edited by Jerome; 03-10-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

if its doable just make it user defined... have the option to have the club data appear or not... i would like to see it, some won't.
                Last edited by frankiepap39; 03-11-2018, 07:43 AM.

Comment

if its a guess its a guess. this will take a lot of work to figure out but i bet they will!

Comment

Im a big fan of the club insights data and I like the target zones that it spits out.. makes practice super easy and targeted and matches very close to the trackman I work on.

Comment

Seth - I am in favor of having club data as an option for the user. Suggest a toggle to turn on or off and include a note on screen stating assumes center strike. Love the idea of SkyPro data integration so please keep working on that since it would probably give the most accurate info for users.

Comment

Here is what I think:

The club data can be useful as a monitoring tool, but I'd be cautious of using it as a teaching tool.

By teaching tool, I mean take a swing, check club data, make changes based on data, try again. Trackman can be effectively used this way IDEALLY under the tutelage of a coach to say raise the attack angle. I don't think the ST can be used this way, because of the requirement of centre face contact in order to have confidence in data.

By monitoring tool I mean swing like you normally do, and take note of your typical tendencies. Use footspray to mark the face. Delete all swings that are not centre face contact. Take about 15 swings or so, and keep a record of your median numbers. If you are hitting out to in but desire the opposite, spend a week doing drills that promote this and then get out the foot powder and check for progress. Do not use the club data during the learning process UNLESS you are willing to continuously apply the powder and disregard the off center strikes.
                        Last edited by Morini; 03-11-2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• MileHighSkytrak
                          MileHighSkytrak commented
                          Editing a comment
                          This is exactly why it should be included. If used correctly it can be a useful tool in changing swing tendencies.

It's definitely worth having!

Comment

Working...
                        X