SkyTrak App vs TGC - Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak App vs TGC - Delay

Wondering if anyone else has a much bigger delay when using their SkyTrak with TGC as opposed to the SkyTrak app. I get the normal 2 second delay when I am using the SkyTrak app but in TGC I get about a 5-7 second delay with every shot. I'm running both the SkyTrak app and TGC on my gaming PC and the SkyTrak is connected in Network mode. The 2 second delay doesn't bother me but sometimes the 5-7 second delay makes me look back and forth from my TV to the mat trying to figure out if it was a mishit.

No, I have about the same delay. Wish I could offer some advice but really cannot. I assume the PC running TGC is no more than 2 years old.

Comment

• kinnus
      kinnus commented
      Editing a comment
      My computer is a bit old at this point, but I did upgrade the graphics card to a GTX 1060 6GB. I do have an older CPU though, would upgrading that help?

CPU: AMD FX-4100
      Graphics: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
      RAM: 16 GB
      Disk: SSD

I can tell you that is not normal. I was getting about the same delay between ST app and TGC.

Comment

I get the longer delay when using the TGC with the ST. Not every time though. About 1 in 15 or 20 shots. Mostly if I hit a bad shot.

Comment

• kinnus
        kinnus commented
        Editing a comment
        I have also seen even bigger delays when I hit a really bad shank. I get the long delay on every shot, even the good ones.

Yes, the really bad shots seem to delay TGC the most.

Comment

I am convinced the better golfer you are the more accurate the skytrak device is. For the slowness of the PC - not really sure how the skytrak works. On the question I would say yes, a faster computer will shorten the delay.

Comment

If my computer is updating or is running slow for some reason then I'll get the 5-7 second delay. My framerate for the game will also be noticeably choppier.

As soon as my computer finishes the update or whatever is going on then the framerate increases and it goes back to the 1-2 second delay

Comment

I opened a ticket with Pro-Tee and they did say that processing the shot data happens on the CPU so it might be my problem. They also said to rule out a network issue to play a game in offline mode and see if the shot delay is still present. Going to give the offline mode a try tomorrow.

Last time I was at the PC store they said I could upgrade to an AMD FX-8350 without having to also upgrade my mother board so if the offline test shows that it's not the problem I will probably try to upgrade the CPU and see if it helps.

Comment

I played a couple holes in offline mode today and the extra delay was still there so it doesn't appear to be a network or wifi problem. My guess at this point is that my CPU is just too old and slow to process TGC. I may try upgrading the CPU at some point but it may be awhile before I feel like dealing with the hassle.

Comment

Working...
              X