Official v3.1.1 SkyTrak App Release
Collapse
X
-
Are you iOS only or do you have PC as well? iOS is just a hassle (on both ends) to send builds outside of the app store.
-
There is a small chance it could be the Wi-Fi module in the hardware. But more likely that your iPad is hopping back and forth between networks in the background or simply dropping packets, particularly since you say it works better in direct mode. As far as the unit is concerned, it makes no difference to it whether it is in direct or network mode - it uses the same Wi-Fi module for both. It sounds like a combination of problems that are leading to your frustrations (which are understandable!). Would you mind sending me a picture of your setup? And maybe a screenshot or 2 of bad data.Originally posted by Dxdgenert View PostMy Skytrak has never been great. I get connection drips and missed shots. To be honest, I’m fairly upset that I “re-upped” my membership, especially to the $200 plan. Tonight, I hit about 10-20 shots in an hour, due to the constant issues. For a $2k investment, I feel like a fool. Internet speed is over 100 mb/sec and stable. Any suggestions?
-
i think the hassle of sending it in can be alleviated and IMO easier to test downgrading to previous iOS/app versions. Especially if it’s only a handful of us that are noticing a coincidental impact on shot captures with the latest software update. If given the ability to downgrade and still have issues than I would feel better sending it in and being without it for some period of time.Originally posted by SkyTrak_Seth View Post
I do see where you are coming from. But there are really only two things that can can affect shot capture - the underlying SDK and the unit firmware. Those are always heavily tested before release because of the obvious risk factor. But as I mentioned before, neither of those have been updated in awhile. I think that with the sheer number of units out there (between 15-20 thousand) and possibilities of hardware or ball/mat/setup issues, it's almost certain that a handful of users will experience a problem coinciding with a new release - it's a natural and easy correlation to tie those problems to the software release.
Leave a comment:
-
I’m a Mac user so I cannot connect over USB (how ridiculous, is that?). When I try to direct connect via iOS, I have less issues but then I cannot play WGT (the reason I spent $200/year). All of my hitting is done inside, wearing non-white shoes. Misreads occur with every club. When it does read, it will sometimes show a zero degree launch, which judging by the hit into the net, didn't happen. The biggest concern, however, is the near constant connection issues in network mode. Again, it renders the unit unusable.
-
Troubleshoot until you figure it out. The vast majority of issues are not hardware related and are solvable. A trouble shooting guide would be nice, as would be error messages.
In your particular case why not try usb or direct wifi to eliminate net work issues. Your internet connection won't help if there are intranet connection issues.
The other issue could be reflective background clutter, white shoes or clubs, or ST to low. The pattern of misreads helps. Day vs night. Wedge vs iron vs wood.
-
My Skytrak has never been great. I get connection drips and missed shots. To be honest, I’m fairly upset that I “re-upped” my membership, especially to the $200 plan. Tonight, I hit about 10-20 shots in an hour, due to the constant issues. For a $2k investment, I feel like a fool. Internet speed is over 100 mb/sec and stable. Any suggestions?
Leave a comment:
-
I do see where you are coming from. But there are really only two things that can can affect shot capture - the underlying SDK and the unit firmware. Those are always heavily tested before release because of the obvious risk factor. But as I mentioned before, neither of those have been updated in awhile. I think that with the sheer number of units out there (between 15-20 thousand) and possibilities of hardware or ball/mat/setup issues, it's almost certain that a handful of users will experience a problem coinciding with a new release - it's a natural and easy correlation to tie those problems to the software release.Originally posted by Bcalli90 View Post
Yeah I find it very odd how everyone is having the same problem. Everyone's Skytrak worked great until recently. There is no way this is related to someones internet connection or mat.
Leave a comment:
-
I could give it to you for PC, sure thing. Just PM me your email address.
-
I updated to 3.1.1 too. Despite of my usual complaints about SkyTrak app usability, I don’t see increase in missed readings. I use two iPads, one pro and one regular alternatively. Overall I am still very happy with my SkyTrak.
-
Yeah I find it very odd how everyone is having the same problem. Everyone's Skytrak worked great until recently. There is no way this is related to someones internet connection or mat.Originally posted by Tmorelock View Post
I'm connecting via wifi. I just played a round of JNPG and it was "better", but still had a way larger number of misreads than I'm used to. I didn't get any of the disconnects I was getting the other day, but sometimes I was having to hit driver 3-4 times, putter 3-4 times, to get a read. This is all in a setup that had none of these issues for the past few months, now it's almost unplayable.
I know what you are saying, that it makes no sense that they are related, but the timing sure is odd. I wouldn't mind going back to 3.1 of the Skytrak app just to test if it makes a difference. Anyway I can re-download that version of the software?
Leave a comment:
-
I'm connecting via wifi. I just played a round of JNPG and it was "better", but still had a way larger number of misreads than I'm used to. I didn't get any of the disconnects I was getting the other day, but sometimes I was having to hit driver 3-4 times, putter 3-4 times, to get a read. This is all in a setup that had none of these issues for the past few months, now it's almost unplayable.Originally posted by SkyTrak_Seth View Post
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I totally get your frustration, but it's likely unfortunate timing with an app release. There is no way, aside from a firmware upgrade, that a SkyTrak app release could affect usability in a third party simulator software. My suggestion is to have the unit checked out, especially if the unit performs the same in JNPG and the SkyTrak app. How are you connecting? If USB, it could be static issues which are much more prevalent on a golf mat during the colder months.
I know what you are saying, that it makes no sense that they are related, but the timing sure is odd. I wouldn't mind going back to 3.1 of the Skytrak app just to test if it makes a difference. Anyway I can re-download that version of the software?
Leave a comment:
-
I am going to assume that seth is talking about static electricity building up on the golf mat and affecting USB connectivity. If you have a facility covered in mats, and use USB, the charge would build up during the day, which could explain what you are experiencing. Especially if you are in a cold climate.Last edited by Morini; 04-21-2018, 06:29 PM.
-
Hi SkyTrak_Seth , could you explain what you mean by static issues please ?
I've got 3 skytrak in my facility, all working fine 99% of time but sometime (mostly at the end of the day), one unit got "crazy" like hyper sensitive (first light go red every second as soon as something move in front of the unit ...). I am trying to understand what could happen to explain this
Leave a comment:
-
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I totally get your frustration, but it's likely unfortunate timing with an app release. There is no way, aside from a firmware upgrade, that a SkyTrak app release could affect usability in a third party simulator software. My suggestion is to have the unit checked out, especially if the unit performs the same in JNPG and the SkyTrak app. How are you connecting? If USB, it could be static issues which are much more prevalent on a golf mat during the colder months.Originally posted by Tmorelock View PostI can no longer even play JNPG. Every shot the stupid skytrak disconnects.....every single shot. This thing is now useless to me after working great for months.
Leave a comment:
-
I can no longer even play JNPG. Every shot the stupid skytrak disconnects.....every single shot. This thing is now useless to me after working great for months.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: