SkyTrak Discount Starting May 18, 2018 through June 17 (or maybe 18), 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak Discount Starting May 18, 2018 through June 17 (or maybe 18), 2018

I was just about to buy a SkyTrak package and decided to contact them to see if they had any promos coming up. Luckily, they're going to be running a promo from May 18 through June 17 or 18. I heard last year they were doing $200 off. Hopefully it's a cash discount like that and not "get a free protective case with purchase" or something like that.

Anyway, just though I'd let those know who were interested.

A little off topic, but has anyone gone from a net + TV setup to an impact screen/projector setup? I was set on a projector/screen setup, but got stuck on finding the best possible projector. So, I ordered the Pro version of the net return net and think I'm going to buy a large (75"+) TV to mount on the wall adjacent to my hitting mat. That way I won't have to deal with setting up a projector, hanging a screen, etc -- and the image quality will be a lot better and still really large. The delay on the Skytrak seems like it almost defeats the purpose of simulating an actual golf shot.

Business idea for SkyTrak: Instead of having a delay, once the ball has been hit they should launch it instantly on the screen - then after the 2 - 3 seconds it adjusts it's position to reflect where it's going. That way they can simulate an actual golf shot without a perceived delay.

I would say many of us went with net first and TV. then decided this sucks and went projector. I know many go build your own but I went with all sport systems since to me this was a luxuary item and to me a luxary item should be hassle free

https://www.allsportsystems.com/golf...ator-setup.php - I went with the superbay and their projector cover and projector.

Comment

• Whiskeyjack
      Whiskeyjack commented
      Editing a comment
      What projector comes with that set up?

• triplebogeysrbetter
      triplebogeysrbetter commented
      Editing a comment
      "I would say many of us went with net first and TV. then decided this sucks and went projector. "
      I was thinking the same thing as I read through the comment.

How did you find out about the promotion? I hope it extends to Canada as well

Comment

Originally posted by penrose View Post
      I would say many of us went with net first and TV. then decided this sucks and went projector. I know many go build your own but I went with all sport systems since to me this was a luxuary item and to me a luxary item should be hassle free

https://www.allsportsystems.com/golf...ator-setup.php - I went with the superbay and their projector cover and projector.
      I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a similar SkyTrak package from AllSport Systems. Did you buy everything to include the laptop PC for running the software? What advice would you give us before buying a similar setup from Allsport? I know the tubing for assembling the screen frame is not included.
      Thx!

Comment

• penrose
        penrose commented
        Editing a comment
        I already had the PC running TGC since I went with the net option first - a pure cash flow decision - and I still hit into the net outside from time to time or warmup for inside. I was concerned about the tubing as well but I am not handy at all or know my way around a hardware store but it was so easy to get. Just type loewes and what they say you need and you are set. You can buy a cutter for about 15 bucks.

I paid a handyman to put it all together...that was 250 but well worth it to me. Advice, they are super nice family owned business just call them and ask them to walk you thru the process....will take about 20 min.

• Dan King
        Dan King commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

FSX/FR1 has an option to not “wait for spin”. And the ball launches faster with a gc2 using initial parameters of starting line and launch angle. It doesn’t product a ball flight that looks right then you ball adjusts midflight. I turned it off. For whatever reason it sounded like a brilliant idea but in practice just felt and looked “off”. It’s COMPLETELY subjective and I am sure others love that feature, I just thought I would like it and I did not.

Comment

If your computer doesn't suck, the delay is only like 1-3 seconds. You will actually grow to like this feature as it allows you to think about your shot and try to feel how it turns out. Then you immediate can think about your swing and if it was a poor result, what caused said result. I would still probably prefer an "instant" result, but I would not pay much money for it.

Comment

• penrose
          penrose commented
          Editing a comment
          this is so true, I can almost predict where the ball will go - left, center, right, etc. the only bad part of the delay is when you know you hit a really great one and the delay makes you think...oh I am it records this one.

Originally posted by penrose View Post
        I would say many of us went with net first and TV. then decided this sucks and went projector.
        I suspected this. However, most of the TV setups I see are smaller TV's, sometimes even held by a little stand. Having a giant 75" HDTV right in front of me seems like it will be a lot more enjoyable than a smaller display setup (which I would agree would be inferior to a projector setup). The cost difference to me also seemed pretty big. $595 for the net, plus maybe $1,000 - $1,200 for the giant TV.

The premium screen I was looking at was at least $795, and the projectors I was interested in were closer to $2,000. That doesn't include an encasement to hang the projector or the projector mount.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents, and knowing my tendency to micro-analyze everything I will probably regret not going with a projector lol.

Originally posted by CokeAndTea View Post
        How did you find out about the promotion? I hope it extends to Canada as well
        I was considering purchasing it, Googled for discounts - saw they had one that ran for a while last year, so I decided to message them and they told me about the one coming up.
        Last edited by MPLSRyan; 05-09-2018, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• CokeAndTea
          CokeAndTea commented
          Editing a comment
          That's great detective work! Thanks!

• frackh
          frackh commented
          Editing a comment
          My setup was the Net Return Pro & a 55" plasma hung on the wall about 6 feet in front of me. I didn't mind it at all, especially given the delay in the Skytrak to PC. With this setup, I don't even really noticed the delay if I hold my finish for a second or two and then look up to the TV. I went this route due to space constraints.
          That being said, I might build the projector and impact screen once the new house is built with dedicated golf sim space.

They generally have something during Fathers day as well - I am not sure when Fathers day is - I am not one and mine passed away several years ago.

Comment

ill be buying this and homecourse over the next month... hope this discount happens

Comment

Working...
          X