How Many Balls Per Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Balls Per Day?

New Skytrak owner here, just wondering how much others use their simulator? Im averaging ~500 balls a day.

WOW! How long does that take you? I only hit 50 -100 like every other day.

Comment

• htdumps
      htdumps commented
      Editing a comment
      Around 8 hours, I'm able to work from home.

I would really worry about injury. I admit when I got mine earlier this year I was avg about 100 a day. That started to take a toll on my wrist, shoulder, elbow and back.

Are you just whacking balls or practicing with a purpose? Seems to be a high rate of balls. Honestly now before a practice sim round or TGC tour round. I warm up with about 10-15 shots. My body will start to bark after about 100 shots.

Comment

Originally posted by triplebogeysrbetter View Post
      I would really worry about injury. I admit when I got mine earlier this year I was avg about 100 a day. That started to take a toll on my wrist, shoulder, elbow and back.

Are you just whacking balls or practicing with a purpose? Seems to be a high rate of balls. Honestly now before a practice sim round or TGC tour round. I warm up with about 10-15 shots. My body will start to bark after about 100 shots.
      I shoot at random greens between 10-150 then drive a few when that gets to repetitive. I do get sore but play through it. Im just getting into golf so maybe its all the excitement.

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
        triplebogeysrbetter commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally understand that! It’s very exciting. My issue was having it at my disposal so I ended playing more than my body was used to playing. Just be careful on the overuse. Says petty I know, but in 2-3 years your body might agree.

The most important variable has not been added here! AGE!! I would say that the last 15 days I have averaged around 90-110 balls/day. I am 41 and athletic but I think Athletic just means partially broken these days (sense turning 35). I am definitely icing in the evenings now.

Comment

You'll probably slow down a bit as the honeymoon period wears off, but that's ok. I actually overdid it at first, I think. Now I practice twice a week maybe and play a few rounds a week. Life gets in the way. Non golf life, that is.

Comment

After the honeymoon period I'd suggest

20 ball warm up
          30 ball skills assessment

This is what I do daily. With TGC tour weekly + any real golf! Vary the skills assessment between short mid and long

I find this is a good balance of 30mins focussed practise daily, which is awesome but not over doing anything from an injury or lose of focus position

Comment

Originally posted by JB3 View Post
            The most important variable has not been added here! AGE!! I would say that the last 15 days I have averaged around 90-110 balls/day. I am 41 and athletic but I think Athletic just means partially broken these days (sense turning 35). I am definitely icing in the evenings now.
            I didn't start playing golf till I was 64, I use to be very athletic even before I got into golf, and when I could use my simulator I was hitting over a 100 balls a day. Now things have got me tied up and I am lucky if I get to play a nine hole round in a week, I haven't got to use my GC2 in well over a month now. I have put over 1,000 miles on my new car and it isn't even a week old yet, I have been driving back and forth from my home to St. Louis which is a 178 miles one way, I use to love to drive but now it is killing me and if I am not driving I am on the computer or phone trying to find the value of items from my mother-in-law's estate, I will take hitting golf balls over this any day.

Comment

120 or play the rounds for the weekly tournaments. I got a callaway pro caddie and I've got 30 balls in it, so I will hit 4 different clubs on any given day.

Comment

I'm 62 and I hit around 100 balls 6 days a week, usually on TGC or my home course depending on the time of year. I have learned that it's not a good idea to try to swing too hard. Your body will let you know what's too much and you would be wise to take note.

Comment

I find hitting the same club over and over to be non productive. What happens is I keep swing faster and faster, hitting the shots further and further until I go over the edge. When doing his I'm hitting to a target either on the range or from a dropped ball spot on some course. Some shots are better then others. For instance hitting 180 yard shots into the 8th at Pebble Beach is quite entertaining. Even with that venue about 30 or so balls is enough for me.

What I usually do is play a course and hit balls until I get a excellent result on each shot. I do not bother putting as I feel this is useless as practice for real golf. This usually takes, on average, about 2 balls per shot so the total is 70-72 depending on the course.

Hitting continuous iron shots off a mat, no matter what kind, does take a toll as would continuous hitting from semi firm range grass. I can actually hit drivers a lot longer without hurting anything however, as above, after about 30 shots it becomes non productive and tempo ruining.

I gave up hitting with just the launch monitor and no sim picture a long time ago. All I ever accomplished with that routine was a faster and faster tempo as I consciously or unconsciously chased higher and higher ball speeds. It was almost the same as years ago when using just a net during the winter. Doing that developed each and every year a great snap hook when the weather warmed and I was able to get back on the course.

One year i was in Jamaica after hitting into the net for a month or two. Playing the east heading first hole on the north shore of the island my caddie said, "Mon if you keep swinging like that you'll end up in Cuba".

Comment

Working...
                  X