Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E6 chipping and putting question

Fixed or not?

Older posts noted that green side and fringe chipping is broken. 20 yards or less and putting. I am experiencing this firsthand with the E6 trial version. Never an issue with WGT.
    I do like the flight models better than WGT overall but putting and chipping can be a deal killer for sure.
    Does anyone currently use the full E6 1.6 with Skytrak and can highlight their experience and recent shortcomings with the software?
    Pls don’t post you should “use TGC instead”, I understand.
    Thx!!
    Last edited by Alphaseekr; 10-21-2018, 06:29 PM.

lol. just birds.

Comment

• Dan McWhirter
      Dan McWhirter commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha ha! But really! Why just birds? What's the point of having only bird sound...and it's simple bird sound, no song birds. With the sizzling intro...clearly it seems they could program a cool mess of sound. Well, anyway, I just ask the Echo, Alexa, Rolling Stones!

I bought E6 one year subscription couple of days back and I totally agree with the birds noise. It's annoying and I had to turn the volume down. Reading this post really helped with the chipping and putting. However, I have a quick question, who is doing the flight path calculation? Skytrak or E6. Most my shots are going right even though I doubt all of them are going right. May be an alignment issue. When I use just Skytrak I don't see the ball going right!

Comment

• Dan McWhirter
      Dan McWhirter commented
      Editing a comment
      Like me, you may be swinging too hard (thus stiff) trying to make distance, which ordinarily seems too short versus real life. When knowing that too right will put me OB, I'll try to swing easier and usually do find a better drive that's also pleasingly long enough.

E6 does the calculations. I don’t have ball flight issues such as the one you’ve experienced, that’s interesting. I’m very happy with the software to date.
    Congrats!!

Comment

The one thing I truly love about e6 is that it is built for a simulator first and foremost, not a game console, the interface in my opinion is also flawlessly executed.

Comment

I will play some more and report. Putting is the hardest one to get used to.

Comment

I’ve set up 10’ gimmes.

Comment

I agree with you. You bet I will be setting that next time around. One benefit though, while putting there is nothing to look at, no hole, no green. I kind of like it b/c it forces you to not look at the ball as soon as you hit it

Comment

Originally posted by halekala View Post
              I agree with you. You bet I will be setting that next time around. One benefit though, while putting there is nothing to look at, no hole, no green. I kind of like it b/c it forces you to not look at the ball as soon as you hit it
              good point for sure.

Comment

I have been playing e6 1.6 full version for about a month now. The software is excellent and I am glad I bought the subscription. I also have the chipping and putting issues, and have contacted e6 about them. They told me that SkyGolf does all of the coding for their interface to e6, so there isn't much they can do and asked me to reach out to SkyGolf.

The putting direction variability with Skytrak is terrible for me. I am at the point that I putt on top of two alignment rods with the software set to 8 foot gimmies, and still am often frustrated as Skytrak misreads direction by greater than 5 degrees quite often. I can see that I am putting straight on the alignment rods.

I have a couple of suggestions for SkyGolf and for e6:

1. SkyTrak_Seth, is it possible to ask the development team that is responsible for Skytrak e6 integration to include an option for getting Skytrak into putting mode when on the fringe? e6 told me that other simulators have a club selection option, but that's not how Skytrak works.

2. To improve putting with Skytrak, is it possible to integrate the Skypro device for direction of putts as an option? It is already done for swing speed, so why not putting accuracy? I would bet most people would buy the Skypro if it improved their simulator's putting accuracy. I have a similar device called Swingtalk which seems to be accurate to within +/- 1 degree when practicing putting - I bet Skypro has similar accuracy.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                  SkyTrak_Seth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  E6 1.6 actually uses our old SDK which didn't have the smart putting mode. They have integrated this into E6 Connect, so putting/chipping around the green is MUCH better.

Originally posted by Alex Gorodetsky View Post
                I have been playing e6 1.6 full version for about a month now. The software is excellent and I am glad I bought the subscription. I also have the chipping and putting issues, and have contacted e6 about them. They told me that SkyGolf does all of the coding for their interface to e6, so there isn't much they can do and asked me to reach out to SkyGolf.

The putting direction variability with Skytrak is terrible for me. I am at the point that I putt on top of two alignment rods with the software set to 8 foot gimmies, and still am often frustrated as Skytrak misreads direction by greater than 5 degrees quite often. I can see that I am putting straight on the alignment rods.

1. SkyTrak_Seth, is it possible to ask the development team that is responsible for Skytrak e6 integration to include an option for getting Skytrak into putting mode when on the fringe? e6 told me that other simulators have a club selection option, but that's not how Skytrak works.

2. To improve putting with Skytrak, is it possible to integrate the Skypro device for direction of putts as an option? It is already done for swing speed, so why not putting accuracy? I would bet most people would buy the Skypro if it improved their simulator's putting accuracy. I have a similar device called Swingtalk which seems to be accurate to within +/- 1 degree when practicing putting - I bet Skypro has similar accuracy.
                That's the same way I felt, love the game but short game is terrible...On a side note downloaded the creative golf demo and hands down it has the best putting IMO of all the simulation software.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Gorodetsky

I would 100% buy a Skypro for e6 putting, no doubt. There are high % e6 putting misreads that I experience, mostly 20ft or less. Good reads for long putting, basically 100% read rate.

I’d like to see e6 and Skytrak refresh to address this. SkyTrak_Seth is the best, I’m sure he will have a view if he sees these posts.

On this forum there are a number of posts indicating GC2 is worse than Skytrak for putting. It seems these devices are perhaps a bit limited for putting, but besides coding, hitting mats also seem to play a material role in the results recorded. I didn’t have the best putting experience on WGT either, although you could putt from the fringe.

I wonder what Creative Golf has done that is different with its software that obtains better results?

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                    SkyTrak_Seth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I commented above, but E6 is still using our old SDK with doesn't utilize the 'smart putting' mode. They have integrated this into CONNECT, but I'll see if they can work it into the older versions of E6. I know they want to move most user to CONNECT, but it would still be prudent to offer it to E6 users who don't wish to upgrade, and probably not "too" much work.

Note that E6 is shifting to their new E6 Connect product. When we purchased our SkyTrak several months ago, I exchanged messages with both companies about when E6 Connect would work with SkyTrak.

It appears E6 is waiting for SkyTrak to provide the software integration with E6 Connect. And other than implying they are working on it, the SkyTrak folks haven't said anything substantial about their plans to support E6 Connect.

One of our club's courses is in an E6 Golf expansion pack - but is included with E6 Connect. Since the two products have differences in the included courses and how the expansion courses are added, I asked both companies for an explanation for how E6 Golf customers would transition over to E6 Connect - and neither were able to answer - so we didn't purchase the course expansion pack for E6 Golf.

Our biggest challenge with E6 has been the short game - chips and putting. And we've tried some of the workarounds (such as using an iron instead of a putter when near the green). It's likely the problems are due to the SkyTrak integration with E6 - so unless we can get SkyTrak to implement improvements, things probably won't get any better.

Hopefully they really are working on the E6 Connect support, and will have it ready soon - and have addressed these issues with Connect...

Comment

I just can’t see TruGolf moving to its new Connect platform and not supporting its Skytrak install base of 1.6, specifically those users that are annual subscribers. The Connect pricing is more expensive. Thoughts?

Comment

A few weeks into E6 now with the software and have zero renters remorse.
                      Just another tip to post: I ensured that when putting that the logo or markings (e.g Titleist, Srixon, etc) on the ball were directly facing Skytrak. This seemed to be helpful for improved reads at what I call the devils distance (10-17ft putts) where misreads are more frequent.
                      I’ve set 10ft gimmies.
                      Last edited by Alphaseekr; 11-18-2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I agree, if there's a substantial rental price difference, I might well prefer to stay with 1.6

Comment

Working...
                        X