Square face, straight path, ball still curves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Square face, straight path, ball still curves

See photo. If my path is straight and my club face is square why does the ball curve. I see the spin axis is not vertical which may be the reason. Is this due to not hitting the center of the club face?

Originally posted by slamp
    Morini yes, seems like most of my shots register a 1.45 smash factor, I have no idea why. I agree, none of this TGC data make sense to me. Even if it is interpreted data it should still make sense. My concern is not that all the data is correct but that the TGC sim game is not screwing up the ball flight. Otherwise what was the point of spending all that money to play golf on a simulator?
    TGC is not screwing up flight data. SkyTrak does not measure club data and it does not send club data to TGC like for example a ProTee system, so the club data shown shown on the post analysis screen should be ignored. I believe you can turn off any clubdata predictions in the settings file.

SkyTrak only sends ball flight data to TGC which is used in the simulation.

Comment

This video on the Par2Pro website shows a similar problem when the R-Motion for Skytrack interface has been installed but the R-Motion sensor is not being used. Since the club data is not provided these values default to null instead of being calculated by Skytrack.

Info begins at about 2:45

Comment

Originally posted by Yrrdead81 View Post
        Just as an addition, lets say you have a GCQuad or GC2 w/ HMT. And you have everthing squared up and are still seeing "side spin". There is another parameter that you need to pay attention to. Strike, by that I mean strike location on the face which will also change your spin axis.

Also when they are talking about spin axis that is "side spin", it is the result.

Hopefully I'm making sense to you. If you let us know which LM you are using we can be even more specific.
        True.. gear effect from the bulge and roll of the club face if struck significantly off center could affect side/backspin

Comment

• Morini
          Morini commented
          Editing a comment
          The bulge and roll of a driver is designed to counteract the gear effect.
      Working...
      X