Skytrak distances. Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak distances. Need help

I have read hundreds of post renegading the issues people are having. Here is what I have done.

I used to have an Optishot for 3 years and don't have any hesitation when hitting the ball in my garage. I played yesterday and was very frustrated. Drives are going 210 yards and I normally hit it 260 to 280. I have always hit my 8 iron 150 yds yesterday I was getting 130 yds. as a 6 cap I am very consistent with my distances. I tried using both prov1 and the Calaway chrome soft with the red soccer ball pattern. All lights are out in the garage and a blind covers the only window. I do have a light shining down from above. 9 see the pictures.

So I brought my Skytrak down to my golf club where they have a Foresight GCQuad I had them both reading my swing at the same time. The Skytrak was way off on my driver and 3 wood. I had to go into the Skytrak Config file and tweek it. These are the % more I have to make each one so the Skytrak matched the GCQuad . Driver 48% , woods 37%, Irons 24% wedges 7%. I don't have an issue with it as long as that config file is compensating the distances. I was getting the same distances on the Skytrak at my golf club as in my garage (before I made the adjustments)

2 questions
    1. Do you think something is wrong with my Skytrak?
    2. Will those adjustments in the config file carry over to The Golf Club as well?

Darryl,

From your reading, I assume you’ve picked up that ball speed, vertical launch and backspin should be very similar between the SkyTrak and GCQ. These three parameters almost completely determine carry distance other than weather, and there will be differences between the flight algorithms, but certainly nothing approaching the percentages you’ve mentioned.

Can you post the shot-by-shot comparison of the ball data? That should help to focus in on the issue.

Dan

Comment

Love the birtees just got my batch in yesterday.

Comment

• JJ62
        JJ62 commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL - went to friend's house and he had them and I loved them. Just got mine today.

That sounds like an issue with SkyTrak. My SkyTrak distances in garage compared to on the course are nearly spot on.

Comment

If you had your Skytrak next to a “control” launch monitor and it was way off then I’d say there’s something wrong with your specific unit.

I’ve hit my Skytrak next to a Trackman (indoors) and almost every shot was within a couple yards of carry with the measured data all looking very close as well. For something that costs 90% less it was impossible for me to complain based on my testing.

I also have a SC200 which does an ok job measuring ball speed and it’s always within a few mph with my Skytrak. For your distances to be off as much as you suggest I don’t think launch angle/spin are going to do it without ballspeed being quite out.

I will note the vast majority of my experience is with irons given ceiling height (the Trackman comparison was all clubs as it wasn’t at my house). I do struggle to register anything above ball speed 150 with driver on my Skytrak but that’s right around my typical ball speed so it’s hard to blame anyone but me (how I get 140 ball speed with my 3 hybrid and only 150 with my driver is my current struggle in life).

Comment

Assuming you removed the protective plastic from skytrak screen and no setup/lighting issues, sounds like something is wrong with the unit

Comment

• Darryl_Mitchell
            Darryl_Mitchell commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. Thanks for asking though..have done that in the past...

curious how you hit balls with skytrack and gcquad at the same time. don't they occupy the same space?

Comment

• Darryl_Mitchell
            Editing a comment
            The QCquad can be forward and back from the Skytrak.

So I fired my Skytrak and played "The golf club" game in my garage. My drive is now going 380 yrds. I feel like a bit of an idiot as the config file I was changing yesterday was for THE Gold Club game not the Skytrak software. Not sure why during my testing the yardages changed so much. ( I used the icon on my desktop called setting but it had TGC in front of it) But I did find out what my issue was. I read yesterday that people have been having issues with it connected via USB mode. Which is the way I have it connected from day 1. So today I connected via wireless mode and voila yardages are correct. Not sure why that would happen but it's fixed. I also took the metal protective case off. Will put it back on and see if it make a difference. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time. But this may help out some one else...

Comment

• frodaddy00
            frodaddy00 commented
            Editing a comment
            You are a brave soul to try SkyTrak without armor. Glad you solved your issue though.

Great news. Put the armor back on the SkyTrak and everything is all good. Played a round of 18 holes without swearing my ass off. So happy!! This is the first time since I got it that I am not regretting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darryl_Mitchell View Post
            Great news. Put the armor back on the SkyTrak and everything is all good. Played a round of 18 holes without swearing my ass off. So happy!! This is the first time since I got it that I am not regretting it.
            Are you in direct mode? if not could you try and see if the results are similar.... I never heard this one, interesting.

Comment

• Darryl_Mitchell
              Editing a comment
              Wireless mode. Put back the USB cable and yardages are messed up again. So now I connect via wireless and plug USB into wall outlet. All good

That inconsistency is crazy. I also find my sky track can allow me to get the driver 240 to 250 some nights and other nights it is harder to get it over to 00 yards. The really weird thing is that my three iron is consistent around 200 yards even when the driver is working properly or improperly. I have been a sky track owner for multiple years now and I am used to Swinging inside. I have also ensure that I am using new golf balls and can still have this inconsistency. It is very frustrating. The temperature in my garage does not seem to help the situation has the problem flares up in warm temperatures in cold temperatures

Comment

Originally posted by raido31 View Post
              Assuming you removed the protective plastic from skytrak screen and no setup/lighting issues, sounds like something is wrong with the unit
              I thought the plastic was supposed to remain on the unit. Is that incorrect?

Comment

• Darryl_Mitchell
                Editing a comment
                The plastic film on the unit should be removed.
            Working...
            X