Do they fix the SKYTRAK???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gzmann
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2018
    • 4

    #1

    Do they fix the SKYTRAK???

    My SKYTRAK needs to be fixed and it is out of warranty. It stopped tracking the ball for left handers. It still works for right handers.
    I read that Skytrak no longer repairs these units ( from some time ago- 2 years)
    Is this true?
    How much do they charge for repair?

    Thanks
    Gordon
  • Alphaseekr
    Advanced Member
    • Jul 2018
    • 262

    #2
    They repair the units, costs range depending on the issue. I would expecting the high end $300-400 with parts, calibration and shipping. Excellent customer service.

    Comment

    • wbond
      Ultimate Member
      • Oct 2014
      • 3489

      #3
      Sounds like another laser curtain. There a quite a few going on lately.

      Comment

      • jaus
        Member
        • Mar 2016
        • 93

        #4
        My LH laser curtain went bad a year ago. As I recall the repair was $183.

        Comment

        • jrz
          Advanced Member
          • Oct 2015
          • 375

          #5
          What does the turnaround time look like from ST in the US?

          Comment

          • The-Odom
            Junior Member
            • Jan 2019
            • 6

            #6
            I just sent my unit in for repair and they quoted me two weeks turnaround time. Mine was also a laser curtain that failed after two weeks.

            Comment

            • Cochise
              Junior Member
              • Feb 2018
              • 16

              #7
              If the unit has a bad laser curtain does it stop reading all shots completely? Last week my Skytrak started reading shots going way left, like 40 yards left consistently. I was playing TGC with friends when it began. I later opened up the Skytrak app and it did the same thing.

              Comment


              • jrz
                jrz commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you get this sorted out, or are you still having a problem? Is it with every shot? I get one or two of every round in TGC. It’s maddening and fascinating at the same time...

              • Cochise
                Cochise commented
                Editing a comment
                No, I'm still having the same issues. I'm not sure whats going on. I've just set it up on an angle and it seems to work fine. But yes, I agree with you on them maddening and fascinating...
            • Alphaseekr
              Advanced Member
              • Jul 2018
              • 262

              #8
              A broken laser curtain will create no-reads, not bad reads. Bad reads are typically one or a combination of alignment, calibration or indoor swing effects.

              Comment

              • Alphaseekr
                Advanced Member
                • Jul 2018
                • 262

                #9
                .....or the ball used.

                Comment

                Working...