Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @R3dlineR6 (NET) and @Fantastish (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 SPRING TOUR - RBC Canadian Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 SPRING TOUR - US Open with 3 rounds at Pebble Beach Golf Links ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...g-tour-us-open
See more
See less

So about that next version..?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So about that next version..?

Can we please get an update on the update? As someone who has paid $2k for hardware and hundreds per year in subscription fees, I find a release per 6 months pretty unsatisfactory (especially when a large ball speed bug is hanging out there).

"It should be out in the coming weeks." Is not really an answer... SkyTrak_Seth what is the latest?

Hi

Its not the uneekor price, its the implications for the competition.

What if the next release from the competition is ball, club and video data for circa 3k.

If customers can transfer software ( which is pretty cheap now tgc1 500 bucks) to new hardware.

What r the implications for skytraks future cashflow projections based on subscriptions etc.

Re
    HappyG

Comment

Hahaha. I just bought a skytrak. I like it........can't help feeling like I just bought a ticket on the Titanic.

Comment

• What4
        What4 commented
        Editing a comment
        me too - my ST is arriving today. i have this uneasy feeling!

• rparnold_777
        rparnold_777 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here....I have been anxiouosly tracking UPS to see when I need to ditch out of work! Hope I haven't made a bad investment.

The website doesn’t seem to be working and neither does the app?

Comment

• PunchoutPro
        PunchoutPro commented
        Editing a comment
        Same problem here.

Originally posted by HappyGilmore102 View Post
      Hi

Its not the uneekor price, its the implications for the competition.

What if the next release from the competition is ball, club and video data for circa 3k.

If customers can transfer software ( which is pretty cheap now tgc1 500 bucks) to new hardware.

What r the implications for skytraks future cashflow projections based on subscriptions etc.

Re
      HappyG
      well 3.000 for all that would be a game changer for sure, and I am all for competition in this space, that is great for all of us. I just really doubt that has anything to do with skytrak going quiet. I honestly think all the other companies are probably more worried about skytrak coming out with club data at a reasonable price than the other way around. It might be something as simple as his boss told him to quit getting on here and making promises they couldn’t keep lol. I guess it could be they are getting bought or buying somebody else though too. Even that could be a positive in the end though too, who knows.

Comment

would the dream be.... club data HMT style add on setup (additional 1k?), or a skytrak 2.0 much the same as a GCQ?... understanding of course they have the club data version last year which was all calculated on centre strikes. since we have heard very little, we are just hypothetically speaking now.

Comment

I would vote for HMT style add on.

Comment

Whatever it is that is going on it is clearly a conscious decision to go silent. Being in business for 44 years I can see no logical reason to do this that will not harm business going forward. Going silent short term sure I can see that, long term.....ummm not so much. All it does is create speculation and rumor which will end up being completely wrong or over blown hype that is a big let down. Here we are either predicting their demise or speculating about some massive advancement neither of which is based on anything. It could just be it's not possible to deliver the promised shot decay fix or high ball speed fix with the current tech. Maybe working hard to figure a way around it and they do not want to make that known just yet, especially with the ever growing companies jumping into this market. The forum, me included tend to want answers before they are ready to give them. But an update on our investment would seem warranted.

With that said, The optimist in me hopes for a significant improvement, the pessimist in me just hopes I didn't just spend $2k on obsolete tech I can't get rid of.
            Last edited by Nasdaqsam; 06-12-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Ever see anybody from Foresight on this sight..........

Comment

• Nasdaqsam
                Nasdaqsam commented
                Editing a comment
                Foresight seems to have never had a presence there is a big difference between a company that never did and one that has been very active and just disappears. Apples and Oranges.

• calebm1001
                calebm1001 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think for Foresight, it was a smart move to just be non-existent. We don't expect anything. We can't speculate based on past experience etc.

• trumb1mj
                trumb1mj commented
                Editing a comment
                It's not just this site. They won't respond via email, phone or twitter. Bugfixes will be out "in the coming weeks" since January.

They won't open source their hardware api because they want $100-200 subscriptions yet they won't fix their buggy software. They're holding us all hostage!

Hey guys, I completely understand where you are coming from. To keep things consolidated and easier for me to manage, I've started a new thread here: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...10122-i-m-back

Comment

Working...
              X